Thread: Isn't life weird sometimes

Isn't life weird sometimes

I have had this feeling that I need to start going to the support group meeting's again. I haven't attended one in over a year.

I had seen some of the members at pride a couple months ago.

I went last Tuesday night. It was hot, I wore a sleeveless dress, long but very light weight. I thought it would be cool enough, I was wrong. I left early it was just to hot.

So every meeting is different and this one was that.

They were having a going away party for one of the members.

There were more non-transgender people there then I had ever seen. Not that I care , like SOs, patents, and a couple others. A few i had met before.

I've never felt I needed the group I just thought that I might make a friend. But than I didn't have the time. I was living with my boyfriend. I was the lady of the house . This is why I stopped going, I just didn't have the time.

I just found it funny that this was the night that I start going again.

It was nice to get caught up on a few things, you know people's lives.

Is it funny that I don't see these people as friends. To me they are just people I know?

That could change, as now I have more time.

Sounds like it was at the very least interesting and sometimes it is good to just check in.

Banned Read only
    I think it is a natural state that people need to belong to a group of like minded individuals. I hope it goes well for you. Decades ago when my wife and I had "The Talk" she told me it was alright with her if I went to a support group. I looked, but, alas back in the early 1980's none were to be found. I wish there had then one around.

I guess I am lucky to be part of a really great group. A mix of TG people, young and old. And a few others.all are welcome.

I met a similar group in Vegas.

I would like to think that changes are there's one close to you.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    An LGBT, or just Trans, support group, Jean? All of the T support groups in our area have failed to last!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It's a trans support group.

They are part of the local LGBT center. They have a lot of support and a strong community.

The center were the one's that hoisted the local pride. It is why there were so many members, in the different booths.

There is a group in my town. I met them at pride. They don't have regular meetings or a place to meet. I see this as a big problem.

I drive thirty minutes to the north, to my group. And they meet every Tuesday.

I think that because we are part of the center it makes it easier for people to find us.

And it is a college town.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I went to a different group a month ago that has some people from my old group in it so I did know 5 or 6 there.
    It was a nice meeting and the people were polite but not exactly what I would call friendly.
    Most were activist types in their teens and early 20s with such a chip on their shoulder.
    A nice guy that was a few chairs over from me introduced himself and we chatted a bit and turns out he is a transman that fully transition years ago.
    He was really handsome and if he was ever a female I couldn't tell. When he asked if I had transitioned I giggled and said oh no you are way too kind thank you so much you made my day.
    We ended up switching over to a couch in another room after the meeting to chat some more.
    At least I made one new friend that actually was nice and not judgemental.

Tracii, I've seen that but it wouldn't really fly in this group.

Everyone has a different way of protecting themselves. They use different defense mechanisms. That and some are better or just more experienced.

Anger is one that is use by some. Giggling is another, typically used by women. It is because they just cannt handle whatever is going on.

As far as activists I think this group has you beat. But this is a good thing.

One of the girls from the group was doing this southern college lecture tour when I started attending this group like almost four years ago. She donated her time and money. The group did fundraising to help with her experiences.

I'm not the best one to describe this, but I'll try a little. Just to show some of the dedication they have.

She has moved to England, yes you there are truly blessed. They have formed a nonprofit and are doing a world wide transgender outreach. Like I said I'm not part of this but I did attend one of their sessions that was held at the center recently. They are up and running, have been to a few countries and have been invited back.

Standing on a street corner holding a sign is one thing. Actually going and talking to people is another. And I believe the latter takes more courage.

Glad to hear that you met someone .