Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Men's legs vs women's legs

Men's legs vs women's legs

Besides foot size, do you think there is a noticeable difference between the shape of a man's leg versus a woman's?

If you shave your legs and put on nylons, do you think anyone could tell you were a guy just by the shape of your legs?

I think I could tell if it's a man's arms, butt, neck, chest, and other features. But I kind of feel that legs are the most similar body part. I feel like the shape is very close.

Thoughts?

There isn’t really a hard and fast rule. Some guys have more feminine legs than others, or vice versa. But GENERALLY I can tell men’s legs from women’s. The thighs is one of the places women tend to store fat, so they tend to have softer, rounder, less muscle-defined legs.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Nicole, u may be correct that legs r the most similar body part.

But, there's still a tremendous difference in male and female legs! Female legs tend to chubbier. Men's more muscled. Especially the thigh area is different. Even obese male's legs tend to be more muscled and trimmer than women's, in my experience.
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 09-08-2019 at 01:06 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Shaving, hose and heels can sure make mens legs look passing, but i agree, with micki and doc. The thighs of women store fat more than mens, and they are noticably different. But, hose do help make them similar.

Banned Read only
    There are differences mainly in the thighs and butt of course, but sexy legs are sexy legs. That being said I have got lots of compliments on my legs both drag or drab.

EDIT: More added

I don't think legs alone are a tell. narrow hips and a flat or dimpled butt with broad shoulders are our main giveaway.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 09-08-2019 at 12:19 AM.

Think about the old commercial with Joe Namath wearing Hanes pantihose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BCWvH2ISyI

His legs look like any woman's until the camera pans above the waist.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Platinum Member
    I'm not so sure about thighs are the easiest appendage to distinguish between men and women. There seems to be the supposition all women have fat to store somewhere. At some point fat thighs and calves are just fat thighs and calves whether a man's or a woman's. Put on the pounds and I think the outcome is the same. When my daughter ran high school track endurance races, she developed muscular legs. A lot more muscular than the ordinary guy legs. When she stopped running, she lost it all. It was muscle and not fat. My wife had beautiful legs among other assets. She has let her weight pile on and her legs, thighs and calves, look terrible. I see the same with guys wearing shorts.

My wife has always said I have great legs. I walk a lot, but, do not do strength exercises to increase muscle mass. I only wear hosiery due to spider veins. Not too long ago I saw a video asking whether the legs were male or female. All legs were wearing hosiery. The legs were very similar. I will concede women tend to carry excess weight at the hips and thighs, but, if viewing just the legs and not the entire body I think you hard pressed to make your case. For argument sake, what about those really skinny men and women who don't have an ounce of mass to spare on their entire leg.

I don't know is this true or not but I think the knee cap is rounder in women and man has a flatter knee cap.

On average, men have more muscular legs and it’s easier to make out individual strands of muscle in the calf and quads.

On average, women have more subcutaneous fat and larger thighs which tend to soften the underlying muscle.

Do some women have chiseled and muscular legs? You bet! Do some men have more chubby and less defined legs? Absolutely. But on average you can tell the difference.

Many men are delusional in that they think their legs look better than a natal female's legs. Yes, there may be better retention of the classic young woman's shape but between leg length, muscle definition and fur (for the non-shavers), the male in the legs betrays many in the long run.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I think mens legs tend to be more muscular and therefore thought to be more defined. But your milage may vary.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Legs can look amazing on both men and women.. I can typically tell the difference.. I do think men’s legs are typically more defined.. obviously, there are athletic women that have defined legs too..

As far as legs go, the only thing I know for sure is that I know a good pair of gams when I see them! �� and they ALWAYS look better in high heels!❤️

Once in a while, on this site, I read about how much the women in our lives love the look of our legs and that they are our best feature. Even I have been told this many times and I do nothing to sculpt them. Legs are easy.

I can't recall ever thinking that a man had great legs but I have thought that way about women's gams often.

From my observations, even the most muscular cis-gender womens' legs look more feminine to me than any genetic maie's legs. Whether it's physical size or an edgier look to thighs and calves, I've always noticed a difference. Saying that, and at risk of mentioning a 4-letter word, I do think race plays a part. But white euro-males? I think you can spot them a mile away.
    Except for mine. They're fem-perfect.
    Jinny

A lot of women have told me they would die for my legs. I understand there is a difference between male and female legs. I'm 5ft 6 135-140 and have worked out for many years. My legs are not super muscular but well defined. It depends on the genetics and lifestyle of the individual.

Don't forget about those calf muscles you get from walking around in high heels all day.

People are so different I don't think there is a Male and a Female leg shape.
    All shapes can be considered sexy by someone and if you have shapely legs, smooth shaven and in hose I'm sure that most people couldn't determine what you are just by your legs.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My wife comments on my legs all the time, she wishes they were her's. That said, hers are softer, not much muscle showing, where mine are not overly muscular, but definitely show muscle detail.

We were out shopping one day and a twenty-something year old woman was shopping near us. She was wearing a short summer dress and cork wedges, her legs were over the top, long and while not heavy, very defined and muscular. I remember her calf muscles were almost squarish. She has to exercise all the time. My wife saw her first and pointed her out to me. All I could say was "wow!" My wife told me later that she was almost afraid to point her out to me because she knew I would like the view!

A few years back a few of us were sitting in a bar having a few drinks after work. The bar happened to have a body building contest on the TV. Most people were commenting on how terrible the female competitors looked. A couple of us liked them, a lot! I like a slim, well built women. I know a gal that was a body builder. On the off times she would put an a few pounds and she was stunning, awesome legs, well awesome everything! I didn't care for her in competition weight, too thin, but when she put a few pounds back on and "softened" up, I was speechless, unable to form complete sentences when she was around.

Banned Read only
    Nicole,
    It's one thing women do comment on even other women , to have shapely legs is something many women prefer to have . While I agree with others , it is possible to tell male legs by more muscle tone and less fat , women don't appear to worry about that as I've found so many would love to have long toned legs more like men and catwalk models . Like others I've had many compliments about my legs , in stockings and heels some male legs are amazing .

It is often the reason why so many women prefer jeans/leggins and tunic tops , they dislike their legs .

Carol Burnett could tell you who has the best legs in her annual leg competition.

First Annual

And if you want a different year, here it is.
    Another example
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Betty, thank u! That is a perfect comparison of male and female legs!

It was obvious to me which 2 pair were likely male legs! I was sure the first 3 pair COULDN'T be male!

But, as Teresa said, they ALL look sexy in hose and heels! Much the way they all did to me when I watched Rocky Horror for the 1st time. Years before I began dressing!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I would say that I have pretty looking legs and they would pass as female. Especially with shaved legs and in tights/stockings. X

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have always had rather thick legs and a slightly plump butt for a guy.
    Girlfriends always gave me a hard time over it.
    The medications I have been on have caused me to gain a lot of weight and my legs have gotten a lot bigger as well and rub together which is annoying.
    At times I retain water which makes my legs look even bigger

I have huge feet, size 16 womens shoes, another thing which gives me away.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Bernard View Post
    Besides foot size, do you think there is a noticeable difference between the shape of a man's leg versus a woman's?
    I've taken life drawing classes almost every semester for the last 10 years or so. These classes are 6 hours per week with both male and female nude models. Other than size and leg hair, I see no difference between male and female legs. Of course there are differences between old and young legs (for both male and female), skinny and fat legs (for both male and female), and athletic and non-athletic legs (for both male and female). But if you shave every leg and put everyone of the same height standing up behind a curtain covering the body from mid-thigh, it would be difficult to tell whether the person is male or female, especially if they are all wearing hosiery and heels.

As to feet size, my own are large (women's size 11) with no arch. It runs in my family - the men tend to average between size 13-14 shoes, also with no arch.

Male vs female skeletons

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by BettyMorgan View Post
    Carol Burnett ....
    Thanks Betty, point proven!
    Reine