Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Men's legs vs women's legs

Most of my fat is stored in my thighs. My lower legs are fairly muscular, as are my arms and upper body.

Marion

I've taken life drawing classes as well, and I agree with Reine.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

The angle at which the femur extends from the pelvis differs, on average, between men and women. There are lots of more subtle differences that a pathologist can identify. On the other hand, variability is so great across both males and females that most 'average' differences are meaningless. FWIW, I once saw an article about a man presenting as a woman during bank robberies. He was identified by the FBI from a photo taken during a robbery as male by the size of his ankles (he wore a skirt and flats) based on the fact that, apparently, most male ankles are larger than the female counterpart.

Banned Read only
    Mary,
    I apologise for using this picture again but not all male ankles are bigger , it's something some GGs have commented on.

Last edited by Teresa; 09-09-2019 at 06:13 AM.

No argument, Theresa. And, your leg plus ankles are great! The FBI was going according to averages, of course, and they (FBI and averages) are fallible. You are the proof in that pudding. I, on the other hand, was once told that I have ankles from hell. Structural defects allow each ankle to tilt inward making them look extra large. Arch supports help a lot both in men's and women's shoes. The rest of my legs, I am pleased to say, look a lot like yours.

My best friend,a former MR. Universe said I had athletic nice legs. Don't know if he was complementing me or hitting on me. LOL

I just read an article about a study of 360,000 people that said men tend to accumulate 28% of their fat in their legs/hips/butt and 62% in the chest, versus 40% and 50% for women, respectively.

So mens' legs, on average, would tend to be more muscular.

However, on the scale of things that would tend to "give us away", I suspect legs would be pretty far down the list (assuming shaved legs, of course).

I think as I have lost weight, it seems my legs are thinner. I also note my "love handles" have diminished, although they haven't completely disappeared (and they seem to be stubborn about that).

And I have gotten compliments on my legs from both women and men.

If you wen't looking for some that you could tell, you could probably find them. I doubt that legs are a giveaway for most of us.

I get compliments on my legs, too, but I think it's mostly because I shave and tan (self tanner, these days). That and the fact that even when I get fat elsewhere, my legs stay skinny. It's also possible that these are people searching for something to compliment and they've gone through everything else on the list and found nothing.

I was stopped at a set of lights the other day and a guy in shorts, heavy necked, broad shouldered, muscled arms cross in front of me.

He had thin legs that just didn't match the rest of his body much so I couldnt help but think of this post. Yep you certainly would mistake those legs as belonging to a GG if in heels and viewed sticking out from below a curtain as in a knobbly knees ccompetition.

One other thought, how many here wear standard size, not broad fit, ladies long boots? My legs fit comfortably in them so I look at it that my legs aren't that different to those of many GG's.

Humans are as different to snow flakes...
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

I’ve seen some of our members legs that women would absolutely love to have.
    Teresa, Great picture, Yes you are one of the ones I was thinking about.
    Last edited by Crissy 107; 09-10-2019 at 05:03 AM.
    Crissy

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    All my boots both knee length and ankle are normal fit , in fact I do have a problem at times not having a wider calf .

Crissy,
    That's a very kind compliment , I must admit I'd never given the shape of my legs any thought in male mode , in fact as a schoolboy possibly because of my T kicking in earlysome gave me the nickname " carthorse legs" on the rugby field .

The picture of me in the Union Jack dress was snapped by a SA working for M&Co , when I first saw it I couldn't help saying , " That isn't me !" It was the first time I became fully aware of what my legs looked like shaved wearing stockings and heels . In the past I'd been more concerned with my upper body shape and makeup and wig . I guess it shows how important pictures can be even compared to what you see in the mirror . I didn't discover till I met the SA again that she had been using my picture to show others the finer points of Cding .

Of course they are different.
    It was mentioned thicker tights. I would add, calves. Normally calves I women are thinner than men and less sharp and pronounced muscles.
    Legs on women are the big difference.
    First the hips, in the skeletal structure, are wider, that gives es a completely different shape. Tights are normally thicker in all directions that makes the difference with men and I'm not talking on muses but gloat. I see ma andy here that wear hip pads, I do too, but all hip pads lack of a curve that makes de difference, in the front area of the leg. All pads add volume in the side, looking just for the hour glass shape but that's not all needed.
    If course you can see women with legs like men and vice versa but generally talking, they are very different but just a careful observer note the differences. We're are just too used to just watch that we don't actually see...just because other elements reinforce the femenine or male aspect.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    One other thought, how many here wear standard size, not broad fit, ladies long boots? My legs fit comfortably in them so I look at it that my legs aren't that different to those of many GG's.
    A GG that wears a size 13 boot like me, usually has calf's the size of my thighs. (and probably "cankles" too)

So woman's boots are always too big in the ankle and calf on me.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 09-11-2019 at 01:49 PM.

hello Nicole,
    perhaps it depends what you use your legs for - lots of cycling or walking up hills will build different muscles!
    luv J

I remember an article in the early 80s or maybe late 70s when I was young that was highlighting that a large number of the pantyhose models used in the big catalogs (Sears and JCP) were actually men. I only remember because I was wishing I could get that job!
    https://balletflatsformen.wordpress.com/

I buy normal fit but they are almost all still larger than I would like. I've really only had one pair of knee high boots in all my years that were as snug and form fitting around the calf as I would prefer. (And I wore those so often for a few years that they are basically in tatters now!)

I also frequently need to punch an extra hole in shoe straps to fit snugly enough around my skinny ankles. At best, I almost always use the tightest setting or hole. This man's ankles are definitely NOT thicker than the average woman's!

- Diane

I have a very feminine body so there isn`t a huge difference but generally speaking`, I think there`s a big difference.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm with u, Diane. I nearly always have to punch extra holes in my sandal straps to get then to fit tite enuff!

------------------------
    Over here they're called "wide calf" boots, Helen. And, these days most women's boots seem to be made that way!

My legs look like straws sitting in soap cans when I try those one!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

After reading all this wisdom, I must point out that my legs are exactly like most women’s legs. They reach the ground.