Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yes, yes, yes.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yes, yes, yes.

I got the job !!!!!

For those of you in the DC area, it's the Lane Bryant near (not in) Dulles Town Center.

Still haven't had "The Talk, v2.0" with my wife. Today wasn't a good day for the talk. It's NFL Sunday and Darling Daughter was watching the games with us. Unless DD has been snooping around, she doesn't know anything about my CDing. I hope to have the talk tomorrow.

If I'm allowed to take the job, I post my schedule so you can stop by and shop.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

AwwwwwweSommmmme!!!

Congratulations!! Good luck tomorrow and we are all excited for you!
    Crissy

to quote myself....

Quote Originally Posted by mykell View Post
    ok not wanting to be a wet blanket devils advocate perhaps, ive been rooting for you but, i think you would have had a better shot keeping the position if you had consulted your wife at the inception of this quest, when you came out to her did you promise "no more lies or deceptions", most of those stories seem to have that common denominator.

i had started with a DADT position when i came out in the beginning but did not want to assume all was good because she did not want to know....so i had hard conversations and were at a pretty good place right now, i go to social outings, support groups and even have my own volunteer gig at a LGBT club. you do not give that impression of your relationship so im worried for you.

SO im not judging and hope it works out for you but what is the end game....if after all this you get the job and cant take it because of the Mrs. concerns it would certainly suck for you. but im thinking that it would suck for the next CD or trans person that applies to that type of position. the person has a bad taste from the experience will most likely pick a non CD/trans person the next time, again not judging but some important details are missing.
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Hi Steffi,

Congratulations on getting the job! Good luck with the talk.

Marion

Congratulations!! I'll keep my fingers crossed that your conversation goes smoothly and the outcome is what you hope for.

Congratulations

Jenny I LOVE your witty comeback to an irate middle aged matron. Then again, she may just haul off and slug you for getting "fresh" with her.

Angela that is an excellent point. I would go almost 7 days enfemme at Southern Comfort which meant shaving twice a day. By the end my face was raw and I couldn't wait to go back to "boy" mode.

One has to ask themselves if this might not be a case of "pink fog" run amok?

Congratulations Steffi on landing the job.

And good luck handling the talk with your wife! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Lol.

I just posted on your previous thread. See there for my congrats and dubious advice.

😁

Congrats!
    Too much mascara is almost enough.

Contact me on MeWe mewe.com/i/maceyg

Go for it with all you have!!!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Congrats and best wishes for a good v 2.0! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Ok , now for life in the real world. Something I know a lot about.

First , it's only a matter of time now till you will be out.

So you might as well start now.

At 35 if your daughter can't handle it, than there is no hope for her in this world.

Do not ever go in guy mode, not for any reason, no matter what.

You need to be consistent. Be in full makeup all the time.

You will need a full wardrobe at home.

Absolutely do not ever talk about sexual preference ( it would be ok to menchen a boyfriend, but not a girl), or your wife. They will assume that you want to be a woman, let them, do not correct them. It will make your life much easier.

If you think you are a guy in a dress , you are going to have problems. If you are, just keep it to yourself.

Women will accept you if they think you want to be one of them.

Be consistent, it is easier on everyone.

Good luck,

Good for you, Sheffield. Now new challenges for your marriage, AND to your feminine presentation skills — but the discounts and the opportunity to work as a woman! Wow! Nancy

Congrats Steffi. Good luck with the talk. I hope you can convince her.

Aspiring Member
    Good luck with your wife. I hope spending so much time dressed doesn't ruin the fun.
    I am very jealous I would like to work for LB or such. At least part time.
    Sara

Good for you Steffi great news, I hope the talk goes well

Steffi, that’s wonderful!

Now, the talk . . . . don’t take NO for an answer. It’s a job. It’s your life. And finally, this is who you are! I’ve got fingers crossed that she has an awakening.

Best,
    Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Road Trip! Congratulations Steffi. Hope the rest goes well with the wife.

Congratulations on the job offer.

However; I have to rain on your parade and ask about your talk with your wife.

What if she says NO? Where are you going from there?

If you're working as a woman when are you going to tell your "Darling Daughter"? If DD is already snooping around, why you tolerate that is another issue, she's going to find out and then you get another talk.

Are you out to the neighbors and friends? Unless you're "Batgirl" and your alter ego resides in a hidden cave somewhere in the wilds of Alexandria they're going to see and ask what's going on.

Lastly, you stated that you will be trained and conducting "bra fittings". Be prepared for rejection. While the company may be fully on your side the customers don't have to be. That is their prerogative and they can exercise it whenever they want.

Yes, this is a fantasy come true. Now reality comes crashing in.

That being said I wish you well on your journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda E. Woodworth View Post

Lastly, you stated that you will be trained and conducting "bra fittings". Be prepared for rejection. While the company may be fully on your side the customers don't have to be. That is their prerogative and they can exercise it whenever they want.
    Words of caution: don't be offended or put off if women don't want you messing around with the bra area. It's not a game to them. They may request a female SA or simply leave and go to another place for a bra fitting. Not all woman are OR want to be open and accepting when it comes to their personal space.

Good luck with "The Talk".
    Last edited by char GG; 09-09-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Congrats! A few points, from my own experience as a manager at Lane Bryant, who worked in drab:

1. I was told that I would never have to do bra fittings unless both the customer and I were ok. Otherwise, have a female SA do it.

2. The LB in Southaven, MIssissippi had a MIAD working there, so don't stress out about passing. I never saw that she had any issues with customers. Last time I was there, the store mgr was a male. It's been a couple years.

3. You will be expected by customers to be knowledgeable about products, and understanding different bra types and fit. Understand that bras are their moneymakers. Everything else is just add on, for the most part.
    Life is too short to be boring.

Yikes Steffi, I have been following your progress in the job process, living it vicariously as I suspect others are. I wish you all the luck in the world. Heck, I’m being a bit selfish here, I just want to hear those works stories!

Crossing my fingers your wife is OK with it and the talk 2.0 goes smoothly.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If your wife gets upset over you working there and that you have not had that talk yet what do you expect to happen?
    If she is pissed about it you cause problems and home and if she does not approve you have just wasted the employers time and resources.