Thread: Despite the rights and wrongs I made it happen !

Banned Read only

Despite the rights and wrongs I made it happen !

I'm sure some members were getting tired of my threads about attending my art group as Teresa .

It has been quite a saga of dealing with the rights and wrongs of it happening . When it was first suggested to my art tutor he told me his reservations so I agreed to go along with them . For those following the story they may recall me joining the group for coffee in an atempt to break the ice and recently I did join them to help hang the pieces for our annual exhibition and then met them for the private viewing day . By then they were becoming use to me and urged me to attend the new sessions as Teresa . I was also having problems with my wife who told me I was being disrespectful to my son , grandsons and my mother , she personally claimed beyond caring what I did ( which I knew wasn't true ) . I cleared that point up by directly asking my mother and son if they thought I was being disrespectful and both said they didn't have a problem with me returning to my old home town .

So today with the beginning of the new session I woke at 6.00am and showered , shaved , had breakfast and walked the dog before putting on my makeup and dressing in a neat Tshirt, jeans, cardigan and wedges , by 8.30am I was driving the twenty miles to my old home town . I usually arrive early for the sessions to drop my art materials off before parking the car . This morning I had an extra job to do and that was call into my local tyre fitter for a new front tyre. The company I use is run by a husband and wife , in fact I have known them for many years as I photogrphed their wedding , the husband has a large 4x4 repair garage and Caroline his wife runs the tyre fitting side . I walked into her office and said hello, she just stared at me not realising who I was , it took several minutes for the penny to drop . She was slightly shocked but OK , she knew I had split from my wife, now she put two and two together , I left her the keys and my contact number so she could call when the job was done .

So I headed off to the Art Centre to meet the group , as I entered the centre I bumped into a lady who I also knew from taking her wedding photographs , I said hello and she again stared at me with a blank expression , I really had to spell it out to her who I was finally she got the picture and also gave me a hug, she was surprised how I looked .

I had already started to paint when the the rest of the group arrived and everyone was so pleased I'd finally made it as Teresa but to them I'm Terri , I'm not concerned if they prefer that . We had some new faces so we all exchanged names , very soon we were chatting about art related subjects, nothing felt out of place . A younger woman was really lovely , at the end of the session she told me that she thought I was a woman and my voice slightly deeper but in a feminine way, she can't wait for next week . Our tutor really is a lovely guy , he was so relieved this had finally happened , I appreciated his fears of what could happen , even he was surprised how easily I just slotted back into the group . My only fear was after the first time could I keep it up, well it looks like they are going to be as disappointed as me if I don't .

Sorry it's a bit on the long side but just to finish , I headed off into town after to see if a lovely pair of yellow heels were still for sale in a charity shop but no they had been snapped up but I did find a lovely old gold linen jacket . It's too big in a size 16 so popped into my seamstress friend when I returned home , she pinned it up for me so I can practice my sewing skills with a sewing machine I'd bought from one of her sewing group .

All in all it was a wonderful day , it was great to prove how wrong people can be about the TG community .
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-11-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Teresa, that is great, it has been a long time coming and we are pleased for you that it has gone well.

Teresa:

Well, at least for this one day, we can say that all is right with the world! Congrats.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Congrats Teresa glad to hear after all this time it went well for you. Always good to be exxepted.

Banned Read only
    Helena,
    I probably come over as being a little inconsistent from some of the outings you know I've made . Just to recap the details of my art group , the Art Centre run all groups to make a profit first , the amenity value comes second , to break even the group requires 10 people , below that figure they could withdraw the course . David who runs the course and I have discussed the problem on many occasions , I made it clear I didn't want to be responsible for upsetting others and perhaps turn them away . He's a very sensitive person and would possibly take the blame himself for not providing an interesting enough course , that's why he's very relieved because he can see now his apprehension was unfounded . Being a little persistent has paid off for both of us , I've taken the pressure off him and I've now moved on another step towards acceptance .

I do realise I am now bumping into people who know my wife as much as I do , she tells me she's not bothered anymore what I do or where I go , I told her straight I didn't believe that , whether I am right or wrong appearing as Teresa on her doorstep she's beginning to learn what she thinks won't change that now , she can't keep hanging the guilt label round my neck !
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-12-2019 at 02:04 AM.

Teresa , I'm glad that all went well with your art group. Sounds like a great day.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    Glad it is working out for you. I think it would be more confusing to show up at your art group one day as a woman and another as a man. As to your wife, she just needs to accept you as you are now. Further, anyone else needs to accept you as you are. If not, then it's their loss not your loss.

Banned Read only
    Stephanie,
    It's taken a while but now this is the situation .

Teresa: Sounds like it was a very successful morning with strides made by everyone. Congrats.

Congratulations on your journey Teresa! It sounds like a really amazing day.

Teresa,

Congratulations, you are now able to do two of your most favourite things- being Teresa and painting.
    Also I see you as a wonderful ambassador for us all.

Keep that brush moving,

Consuelo