Please excuse me for the delay in posting an update, but I’ve been very busy the past couple of days, but not crossdressing.

Tuesday, I told my wife about the job offer at Lane Bryant. And asked her if she would “give me permission” to do it. She said emphatically no.

She also said, “If you do take the job, don’t bother coming home.”

We didn’t even get to the discussion part, about pros and cons. I was not able to tell her that:

1. It would get me out of the house.
2. It would give me something to do.
3. It would bring in some cash, but not very much.
4. It would exercise a different part of my brain, which is probably the first thing experts say that will eliminate or postpone dementia.
5. It would make me very happy, and she has said that she thinks I’m depressed about the search for a job in my engineering field (and I am depressed, but not clinically, from time to time).

In retrospect, I probably never had much of a chance of her acceptance, this in spite of the fact that several people I told in the RW were very accepting.

I’m not sure what the difference between being dressed as a girl in a bar versus being dressed as a girl in a retail shop, except that drinking is involved in one of them.

I’m not sure what the difference between buying a dress in a retail shop versus selling a dress in a shop.

I actually considered Option 2, that is not coming home, but it’s not the right time.

But I am starting to wonder if I can or should continue living this way in a DADT relationship. As many have said, we only have one life to live, and we should live it as we desire. I’m getting along in years, and it’s clear that my wife’s attitude is not going to change. I’m starting to wonder if I should Teresa’s approach to living as a girl more often.