Thread: New Dress, Awesome wife!

Post New Dress, Awesome wife!

I ordered a dress from Amazon, it showed up Thursday. My wife saw the package, but didn't say anything, I think she was just wiped out from work. I tried on the dress later in the evening after she went to bed, but I didn't care for it. I liked the style, I have one similar to it, but a different patterned fabric, this one is plain black, just plain cotton with a touch of spandex. It looked more satin online.

Today we met at home for lunch and she asked about the package. I was a bit hesitant as even though she is fairly accepting, but spending money bugs her sometimes. I told her it was a dress I ordered, but I didn't care for it. She asked to see the dress and I just laid it out and showed her. We discussed what we liked or disliked about it, and what I was looking for style wise, looked on Amazon for a few minutes but then had to get back to the old J-O-B. She mentioned that maybe I could model it for her later to pass final judgement.

It was great, no negativity, no comments of me wearing woman's clothing, just a conversation between two people about an article of clothing. It could have been a pair of men's jeans and the conversation would of had the same feeling.
    It was awesome!

But I still can't find the dress I imagine in my head!

Congrats! Sounds like a lovely moment with your SO. And keep looking for the one in your head! I tend to stumble across those when I am with my wife, feigning disinterest (closeted), and secretly screaming inside, "OMG I need that one so badly!"
    Closeted for 45 years, so please take any advice I might offer with a massive dose of reality.
    Julia xo

Ditto what Julia said. Congrats. As the wife is a DADT type, I can't talk to her about fashion and I'm on my own there. However, I have found myself staring at the outfits that many women around me are wearing. Sometimes my wife catches it and gives me a look, but most of the time it goes unnoticed. Two and a half months ago, I wouldn't have been interested in these sort of things, but then the switch went off and now I can barely stop thinking about shopping. What a weird and wonderful species we are. Time to go shopping.... Amazon, here I come.

I hope u realize how luck you are, to have this wife. I have been single all my 65 yrs, and every woman i told about my dressing was quite turned off and or disgusted, or tolerant, but not for any man she would have.

Alice, trust me, I am almost in shock about her attitude myself. When she first found it we were a mess, lots of talk, tears, on both sides. After time she figured I was not going anywhere and was still the goofy guy she married 30+ years ago.

We have a great marriage so I believe that helped get us through this. Not to sound conceited, but I believe I am a pretty good partner. I help out around the house, clean, cook, wash dishes and do the laundry, not all the time, but I will step up when she needs her time to rest too. After all, she works full time and makes darned near as much money as I do so it would not be fair to leave her with all the chores, and I know she realizes this and knows not many husbands help out like I do. She has told women she works with that she has come home after working Saturday and I have cleaned up, did laundry and straightened up the house and the other women just look at her in shock and disbelief because their husbands won't. On the other hand I have way too much money tied up in motorcycles and tools, and a shop with heat and air conditioning to putz around in, so it goes both ways. I try to be a good partner and she lets me indulge in my "hobbies".

Silver Member
    Very good, I feel very lucky that my wife knows about my dressing and suggests.

Platinum Member
    As a guy in a DADT I envy you. It's nice when a wife realizes her husband's qualities do not disappear when he dons women's clothing. I would be totally floored if my wife suggested I would model anything femme for her.

Pumped, I'm glad your wife was willing to let you model the dress for her.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".