Thread: Sometimes you just have to laugh

Sometimes you just have to laugh

About a year ago I went out on a few Friday nights in a row, when I would come home my wife would be on the couch with a cup of tea and reading a book and the house would smell nice and look neat. She suggested that it was nice at the end of the work week that we should do something for ourselves, she enjoyed the free time and suggested I go out every Friday, almost like we are doing something for ourselves as an unwind to the week. Well I instantly agreed and have been doing it almost every weekend. I would leave around 8pm and depending on my mood I would be home around 10 to 11:30ish. Last Friday I did as usual went to a coffee shop drive threw but because I had a busy week I parked and caught up on some emails and have been looking for some parts for my car so alittle back and forth with some part sellers. Well I lost track of time and got home around 1:00am.
    I noticed my wife had something on her mind she has been acting strange so this morning I asked her what was wrong. After a little convincing she came out with it, she told me she never asked where I go or what I do on Friday nights but last Friday was late and doesn't believe that I just drove around for all that time. I explained to her that I go to a mostly commercial area with a lot of trucks around and that I do enjoy the attention from them but I don't really know if they can see in the car because her car has tinted windows and I don't really look around to see if they look at me, but pretty much I just enjoy and feel relaxed driving around dressed. She said she found it hard to believe that I just drive around all those hours. I explained to her why I was late last Friday and I asked her what she thinks I'm doing, she said she didn't know what I'm doing. I asked her if she thought I was meeting up with people maybe a drink or club while I was dressed, she didn't really have any answer to that. Than I asked her if she thought I was meeting a man, her eyes opened. I started to laugh and asked her is that what she thought. She then with a very serious face asked me if Maria is a virgin. I started laughing so hard I fell of my chair, I don't believe I ever thought of that in my life time. I apologized to her for laughing because she was very serious when asking but I could see on her face that she was relieved by my reaction. I told her yes Maria is still a virgin for now (Lol) and I explained to her I feel bad for her almost adding this extra stress on her if she didn't marry someone else. She said nobody is perfect and that who's to say another man would bring bigger problems. I told her to not hold back and in the future to just ask me when she is wondering about something and not just assume.
    I sometimes wonder what we really do put our wifes though with our dressing. Thought it was funny and I wanted to share it with everyone here.
    Last edited by Maria 60; 09-15-2019 at 11:28 AM.

Maria, I'm not sure that is funny. My wife normally comes with me when I go out dressed, so I don't have that issue. I'm not sure how I would react if my wife asked such a question.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

The operative work in your statement is sometimes.

I'm not sure this is the time.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

my first thought, too, was...'not sure 'funny' is the word I'd use'

From my perspective it wouldnt have been funny. But then I am bi and Jennifer isn't a virgin. None of us know your relationship and what all of your desires are or what your wife is thinking so I can say it might have been. Better keep a better eye on the time or she might really start to wonder.

I'm a very fortunate man. My wife trusts me and I trust her. She is number one (and the only one) and that is the plan for the rest of our lives. No one knows what is in store for us is this life and I am so blessed to be with this gal! She actually encourages me to go out on my own, which I've done a few times. I just haven't met anyone that I felt good about making it a regular thing....yet.

"I just haven't met anyone that I felt good about making it a regular thing....yet."
    That is one road I would not venture going down and risking the safety and trust of a marriage. Your dear wife might read into the situation all sorts of conotations so to meet a new friend is something I would not do, Just MHO
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Banned Read only
    This is a tough one, but I guess it all comes down to trust.

Now I would have guessed your wife trusts you if you going out every Friday was indeed her idea, but...

Would it matter if you were going to clubs or meeting others for drinks and dancing?

Thanks for all your comments, I wasn't trying to desrispect my wife in any way by laughing. I guess I just never considered Maria being a Vigin or anything a long that line. I don't blame her for wondering what I do and have offered for her to come with me but she believes I should have some private time with this. When I write here I already feel I get to indept in my threads but I try to explain it and keep it to the point and short as possible. There is more to this story and I was more concerned then just laughing at her, that's my biggest fear of her getting nervous about my dressing. I apologize if everyone here thought I just shut my wife down and laughed at her because trust me I take this very seriouslly. Thanks

Interesting turn of events Maria. I'm not sure how I would react either. But honesty and communication was displayed on both sides. You can't go too wrong there.

I used to ask my husband how a man would feel if his wife were to go out driving around, hang out at bars (or clubbing) on her own and come home at 1:00 am. In my situation, he would not like it.

Some of you may feel differently.

Banned Read only
    Driving around for hours sounds sketchy at best. Judging from what you wrote, it's only a matter of time before you slide down that slippery slope. Enjoy the ride!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by char GG View Post
    I used to ask my husband how a man would feel if his wife were to go out driving around, hang out at bars (or clubbing) on her own and come home at 1:00 am. In my situation, he would not like it.

Some of you may feel differently.
    I trust my wife, she can go out with her girlfriends until the bars close and I don't freak out.

I can do the same thing, in fact my wife has driven me to the club and dropped me off in my sexy dress and boots. As I was getting ready to go she said to call her when I needed a ride. I said "Dressed like this, I will have no problem getting a ride home", she shot right back "Remember you need a ride to THIS home, tonight!".

Like I said, it all comes down to trust.

I am gobsmacked she asked you that and gobsmacked you told her yes Maria is still a virgin for now (Lol)....not funny as it would suggest it will not be long until she looses it.

X x x

Sam used to do that too... go out dressed driving .... and I trusted him completely until I found out there were times it was driving to another cd-ers house to play sex games and taking videos..

Im not saying that is what's going to happen.. but I totally understand where your wife is coming from She seems like a very supportive wife and you sound like you really respect her as well... the laughing might just have been an immediate knee-jerk reaction since you never thought of it that way... but I would still maybe have a short sit down with her to tell her if shes worried to call you next time or to dicuss what your mutual boundaries are for dressing and meeting other people or friday night activity limits? Even if you answered "yes" to Maria being a virgin.. her mind is definitely thinking about the other possibilities...

Platinum Member
    As a divorced person, my thought was, you guys obviously have dealt effectively with your need/desire to dress for a while. And spend time together while you’re dressed. Being apart....going for a drive...or going to a college coffee ship are benign acts, but they are apart...separating your lives for that time. Might it not be helpful maybe even beneficial if the two of you go out together, driving or for late nite coffee? Doesn’t have to be all the time, but what a nice bonding experience it could potentially be.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt