I see it here and with other minorities. Self segregation, isolationism.

Those in the closet are one thing, I don't expect them to know anything. How could they, they live in a fantasy world.

Then there are those that venture out.

Where do they go and what do they do?

TG events, gay clubs, meet ups with other TG people, alphabet community friendly place's, other places that limit interaction with the general public.

With limited information gathered they talk amongst them selves and come up with these slanted beliefs.

This leads to among other things like :

fear of the public. I'm not saying there are not dangerous people out there. As a woman there is a need to be aware, not afraid, of your surroundings.

Acceptance , do you go around as a guy worrying about this? Than why as a woman would you?

Appearance, as a woman this is tied to you self image. It tells the world a bit about you. Like dull and boring or hip and fun, amongst other things.

Why all this? Has Jean lost it? No, I'm to the point where others like me fall off the radar. I have become part of the community, live in the real world, have friends, boyfriends.

Like to night is my TG support meeting. I just started going again. I have made the last two meetings. I have an appointment at my friends salon to get my root done this afternoon. There will be just enough time afterward to make the meeting.

But today is a close friends birthday, we dated for awhile, than he dumped me. We are still very close. Ok, he dumped me because he is gay, he wants a gay man. I have always known this, I hoped he would fall in love with me like my other boyfriends. He did just not in that way.

This leads to my final point. I don't see myself as gay. My boyfriends understand this, as I see myself as a woman.