Thread: A vote of no confidence.

A vote of no confidence.

Right now, I'm almost in tears.

First of all, I'm building a legal case with a facility for deleting something out of my medical file in their system without my permission. The item was one of my WPATH letters.

I'm also dealing with a serious lack of confidence in the Surgeon that was going to perform my SRS. This is what is weighing on my mind the most at the moment.

I had my initial consult back at the beginning of February early this year.

At my initial consult, I expressed my desire to do this at the end of this Month; and this was back in February. I was assured that this wouldn't be a problem.

Ever since, I have had phone tag issues with his office. His office won't call you back like they tell you.

Back in August, I FINALLY get through to his office to be told he hasn't even written up the surgical orders. I was given a date three weeks later, which was this past Monday, to call back. At this time, I expressed a willingness to work with the date of November 6th.

I did express a flexable willingness to be open to other dates and I was politely informed that he doesn't have the staffing to even perform this procedure and they don't know even when they would even have the staffing for a GRS.

I'm calling the LGBT Care center that refered me to Dr. Whitehead early tomorrow and ask them for two or three more referrals other than Dr. Whitehead.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Aspiring Member
    I'm with you Emma. It sounds like your doctor's practice is in disarray. And yes, you should check out your options before going any further. Bless you and good luck!...................Leanne

Yes, Emma, it sounds like you need another doctor to me! I am a nurse and have found that the doctor may be really good but his staff can ruin all of that! If you have no confidence in the doctor, find another! Best wishes with all of this! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Emma,

I do not know any of your back story, but it sounds like your LGBT Care center did not even know what was happening with the doctor to whom they referred you too. It sounds like a big mistake, lack of care and caring, on their part. I have no idea how it works where you are, but most known and a lot of unknown but very qualified doctors here in the USA have very long wait lists. So, how could you be referred to someone who doesn't even have the necessary support staff need to do his work, if your referring doctor even considered referring you to him. His waiting list should be long too. Sounds very confusing with you being the unfortunate victim. It is your right to get good service from these types of service providers and they sure the hell should know who they are referring your to. Be strong, insistent and do not take no for an answer. Go up the complaint ladder if needed and file official complaints nif that will help your situation.

Good luck in sorting it out.

Allie

I personally can't imagine letting a Dr. that hasn't performed this procedure at least 100 times with a positive result at least in the 90th percentile ever laying their hands on me. Please be cautious and not allow your overwhelming desire to allow you to make a mistake you will regret forever. You get ONE chance to get this right and though a penile inversion is a straightforward procedure, it still requires someone with the proper skill sets to perform it. My heart is with you but please be cautious with your precious body.

Oh, gawd yes. Jentay and Lana Mae are so right. It very much sounds like you are dealing with a surgeon that hasn't the slightest idea how to manage a case involving a patient seeking GRS. That, or the rest of the staff are similarly clueless, or worse, hostile.
    I know that this must be crushing and I feel so for you. You must find the strength to get this right.

Well, my week has just gotten SO much better. (That was complete sarcasm)

Ok, so I have this issue seeking two more consults for GRS from the Transgender Care Center I'm going through for my GRS. The same one that put in touch with Dr. Whitehead. My lack of confidence in Dr. Whitehead, and the appearant incompitence from his staff and his lack of staff.

I also have a possible Legal issue with the VA regarding my missing WPATH letter and over two and a half YEARS of missing entries out of my medical file without my permission or knowledge.

Yesterday I was informed, by the best Therapist I've had so far, that my Medicaid Insurance hasn't paid my Therapist for the last twelve sessions.

I'm also wrestling with an issue with my Family on top of everything else.

With my Family, I have reached out to them and I don't get a response as well as being ignored in the middle of conversations on our Family messenger.

My Family doesn't realize it at the moment, but I'm not going to open up to them or reach out to them until they reach out to me first.

The most frustrating thing that is bugging me the most is not getting ANY return communication from an actual human being. I am so sick of answering machines, services, and bots. Especially when they don't seem to be listening to their messages in the first place.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.