Thread: easing off?

Aspiring Member

easing off?

Hi all. It's been close to five years since I posted here. Had some health issues (resolved!) but have not returned to dressing and doubt that I will. I have been kind of lurking and reading, and it seems as though the general atmosphere here is a bit happier and slightly more confident. Things appear to be changing for the better for all concerned. Thoughts?

Hi Shari,

Well I'm a newer member than you so I can't comment on your observation on the atmosphere here but I'm glad to hear your health issues are resolved.

I'm quite curious as to your comment on not dressing again. Have you found the elusive crossdressing cure lol!

Elizabeth

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Shari I am so glad you got the health issues under control.
    That seems to be sort of a normal thing to cut back.
    Overall things are better but we still have some here that feel they are a victim and that the world hates CDers and trans people.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth G View Post

I'm quite curious as to your comment on not dressing again. Have you found the elusive crossdressing cure lol!
    I am also interested in hearing your reason for no longer dressing. I suppressed this part of me for way too many years and finally realized it is not going away.
    Crissy

Aspiring Member
    Although my issues have abated greatly from where they were, for almost 4 years my health was much in question. It all started with a quadruple heart bypass followed by a myriad of post op problems. During that time there was no desire to dress and I guess I just got used to it. Tough way to stop dressing and I would not recommend it. lol. Some urges have returned (doubtful they will ever leave me) but I think my race is run. Thank you all for your concerns. I'll just live out my fantasies through you lovely gals.

Banned Read only
    If there is no overwhelming desire to don women's clothing, so be it! I would never compel someone to do something if he or she is really not into it. Sometimes it is circumstances beyond a person's control that he or she cannot participate any longer or to the extent he or she use to do something. This forum is a perfectly good way to keep a finger on the pulse of the cross dressing and transgender communities.

I don't know if everyone is happier. There is certainly more tolerance among the general population even though there may not be full acceptance. On this site there seems to be less contentious differences of opinion. One thing that is apparent is the loss or at least not posting membership. I went to some of your old posts and looked at the comments. I wonder where all the girls have gone????

Hi Shari, welcome back! I find your post interesting because even though you haven't been dressing, you still enjoy the site. I'd say that indicates that there is some interest in crossdressing still in you. Maybe someday you'll get the urge to dress again, but if not, I'm glad the site is here for you.

I agree that the general atmosphere is mostly very positive and supportive.

Shari, I'm glad your health issues are resolved.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    There was a period some years ago....when I thought there were some folks with nearly apocalyptic world views. I was gone from late 2015 to mid 2017 and noticed a significantly more positive tone. A lot of people left for whatever reason and those who populate these parts today seem more focused on how to deal with their lives as cross dressers or transgender...depending on how they choose to classify themselves. I personally find it a change for the better.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Glad your health issues are resolved and hope they will not return in some form, if that is what can happen. Right now I am deep into prostate cancer treatment and have essentially no testosterone. That has a huge impact on lots and lots of things, but one of the worst is the functioning of your gender identity virtually vanishes. I operate in that way from memory, but new situations leave me befuddled. I expect my testosterone will return to something around normal next March and April. But what will I be like? Will it pick up where it left off in early July? Or will I be different? Will Gretchen be gone or will she return? I have found no literature on that subject. But, Shari, I understand your lack of desire. Just wondering if that upsets you or if you are OK that the behavior appears to be gone? Welcome back.

I also am being treated for prostrate cancer and the time frame is very similar to Gretchen's. After my initial shot of Lupron to kill of the rest of my testosterone I pretty much lost my desire to dress. A side effect was my breasts growing somewhat but when I wore my bra it was a relief to take it off. No desire to wear lipstick or other make-up any more. I have boxed up all my female stuff and hid it in the basement - my version of the "purge". And I no longer have a desire to shop for lingerie!

I find it interesting that the lack of testosterone has caused the lack of gender identity. I would have thought it would cause the feminine side to be more pronounced.
    Crissy

I have prostate troubles now, too and lack of T. I am 65, though, and do not dress as much , too. Two of my neighbors here passed away in the last two weeks. Life is short.