Thread: It's not all roses

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It's not all roses

Surprise, surprise it's not all roses out there, I won't get into to much detail but try to get it all in. Meet for breakfast with co-workers like almost every morning. This morning a co-working asked me if I could drop by one of is calls because he was having problems that maybe a veteran like myself can figure it out. He warned me when I come there they hired a new guy who is gay and is taking hormone pills, he has breast and that it looks like he wants to transform to a women and how discusting it is. Before I had a chance to comment another co-worker, I call him co-worker but he's more of a friend. He started when he was young and we are about 15 years apart and I have trained him to fill my boots when I retire in a few years. Him being younger I thought he would have more of a open mind instead he told me that he walked into a restaurant and seen two men holding hands in the line and he panicked and turned his family around before his son seen it. I couldn't help but laugh at how stupid he was and made a smart remark about thank God his son didn't see anything or his son would have been gay now. He said its not right and would be devastated if his son tells him he's gay. I guess everyone has there opinion and I explained that people don't learn to be gay, it's in them. My biggest question to him was that we worked 30 plus years together and been threw think and thin, worked, traveled with our families together and consider him a good friend. I asked him if I wanted to open up to anyone I would open up to him for advice and if I told him that I was gay would it change everything and how he felt about me. Would it erase everything we've have been threw, his response was that if it was me it would be different. I told him his opinions are his opinions and it shouldn't change just for me and I was so disappointed. I think my co-workers seen the disappointment I had with them and it seemed like the conversation went another direction. I went to the call and repaired the problem and I guess I was lucky the weird guy wasn't there today. I was very disappointed today, more because my friend being younger and probably more educated in this, that if I was to open up to anyone I thought he would be the one who would understand, boy was I wrong. That's two for two, I thought the same about my sister in law that I'm so close with, but she also make some bad comments towards us. I guess sometimes I read the stories here about people out and about and nothing happens and believe maybe the world is changing. I guess I was wrong and I've just taking one step back. Thanks for listening, I had to vent.
    Last edited by Maria 60; 09-17-2019 at 07:53 PM.