Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mistake

Mistake

Hey girls.
    What is the biggest mistake or regret you done while dressing or getting ready. I got my eyebrows waxed yesterday and they are way ott feminine I am trying to hide myself

Hi Sophie
    When i was in my early 20's i wore masscara that was hard to remove. A girlfriend noticed and a whole load of bs came out of my mouth with excuses. I did get away with it though.

I once put a woman’s ring on my finger that was too small. I couldn’t get it off, and the finger started to go purple after a few minutes, due to lack of circulation. I tried getting it off with soap and easing it off past the knuckle, but that didn’t work. Eventually I told my mother about what I had done (I was at home at the time), who helped me cut it off, I think I used pliers or a screwdriver. It was only a cheap ring, so it didn't matter. Now I am much more careful when putting on rings, not to get them stuck on my finger

Banned Read only
    Using high quality eye makeup when I knew that I had to change back into drab look for a work related meeting. That stuff is nearly impossible to remove entirely when you're in a hurry.

Monica i always think ahead after my incident its made me paranoid about no traces. Ive turned into a csi investigator over the years lol.

At the last minute, we decided to go out for dinner, so I quickly changed clothes, wiped off my makeup and we went to the restaurant. My wife whispered that I hadn?t gotten all the mascara off and my lips still looked a little pink. I went to the men?s room to see if I could rub both off. I did and returned to the table. My wife smiled and nodded, then frowned...she pointed to her finger nails. I looked down. I?d forgotten to take off my nail polish which was a very light pink. I?m pretty sure the waitress noticed, but didn?t say anything. Lesson learned...never more.

Sophie,
    25+ years of brow waxing/threading/tinting I've had a few that were too much. Time to start wearing glasses! Big frames that come up to your eyebrows. The do seem to kind of relax after a few days for some reason. Probably also has something to do with getting used to seeing yourself in the mirror, too.

After you take the plunge to start waxing, you should probably keep it up. Once you've had your brows a certain shape and people get used to it, it's no longer an issue. About every 6-8 weeks for me. A little tweezing and trimming between appointments. Tinting can be as stark of a contrast as waxing. Seems like the tendency is for them to go too dark. Here again, after you get used to it it would be noticed if you quit. Once you find somebody who does your brows to your liking, stick with them.

Hi Emma,

Quote Originally Posted by emma30 View Post
    Hi Sophie
    When i was in my early 20's i wore masscara that was hard to remove. A girlfriend noticed and a whole load of bs came out of my mouth with excuses. I did get away with it though.
    Oh I can so relate. Early 20's girlfriend thought I looked different. She couldn't figure it out then all of a sudden she blurted out "are you wearing mascara?" I remember it like it was yesterday.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Banned Read only
    Sophie,
    I can't think of any one mistake because I'me made many .

Just a comment about eyebrows, I do find them more work than I expected and gradually kept thinning them to look more femme over a period of time . I then went to have my haircut , the female stylist cut my male hair very well but before I could stop her she trimmed and shaped my eyebrows before I could stop her but no way could I hide away . I'm so glad all that is behind me now , I trim and sahpe my brows as I choose .

My wife and I were out to a "girls night out" with the local crossdressing group. We always start early and go out shopping or Mani/pedi's. I decided when the tech asked regular or acrylic polish. I thought... I've never had the acrylics so ok ... acrylics it is! Talk about time spent getting ready for Monday work in man mode! Holy crap was it tough to get off!

Hmmm, brows seem to be mentioned a lot! I always pluck mine (and they seem to have become permanently thin now) but I also trim them with a shaver using a 1/8 inch guard. Last December I went to trim them and after doing the right side I realized that I had forgotten the guard! No eyebrow at all!

Three minutes of panic later and I decided to completely shave the left one as well, have to be symmetrical you know. Pencilled them in and went out. But making it presentable on Monday morning? Oh what a head ache! Took three weeks to fully grow back in.

Banned Read only
    Hmm... This is a tough one because I learned my lesson by the time I was like 12 from getting into my mother's things.

So probably my biggest mistake was not putting my mother's things back exactly as I found them. So she knew that I was in her stuff, again and I would be in trouble...

After growing up in hiding, my adult life has been uneventful as a far as getting caught by my mistakes.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 09-18-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelaYVR View Post
    Hmmm, brows seem to be mentioned a lot! I always pluck mine (and they seem to have become permanently thin now) but I also trim them with a shaver using a 1/8 inch guard. Last December I went to trim them and after doing the right side I realized that I had forgotten the guard! No eyebrow at all!

Three minutes of panic later and I decided to completely shave the left one as well, have to be symmetrical you know. Pencilled them in and went out. But making it presentable on Monday morning? Oh what a head ache! Took three weeks to fully grow back in.
    Hey, wasn't that a scene from The Wall?

Is there anybody out there?

Purging dozens of great dressers and skirts and tops, and all my heels. I could have sold some a consignment store and made money, and kept some.

Oh my gosh honey there are so many when I was younger and figuring this whole thing out. We all do foolish things when we first start our journeys.

Lots of times when I swore I could fit into a dress or skirt from my mother then I?d hear the heart stopping sound of a tear or rip. One time when I was younger, I tried on a pair of her panties that had these plastic sides on them. They were really cute but as soon as I got them on, one side ripped off!!!! OH MY GOSH!!! I was in trouble. I actually walked to the local store and bought some glue and fastened it back together. I buried the panties deep in her drawer and hoped she wouldn?t find them. I never heard about it. But I?m thinking she knew something was different.

I wear glasses, very bad eyesight, so I have my lady glasses and my drab glasses. the other day I get up go to work and realize I am wearing my lady glasses about halfway into my hour commute, I keep spares in my vehicle so I got lucky. Once I got to work I went to the bathroom after being there for about 20 minutes and realized I still had all four pink jewel earrings in! I got lucky that I beat everyone into the office, and didn't get caught! It was one of those mornings that I just wasn't thinking!
    Love makes everyone equal.

Painted my toe nails and learned how observant my doctor was and how poor of a job I did at removing the polish completely. Oops. Well she did like the shade at least.

I once was totally dressed and had to respond to a call for help from my teenage daughter who was experiencing car trouble. I was able to change my clothes and remove my makeup, but was not able to remove all of the foundation. When I arrived at the scene to help, she noticed the remaining makeup and asked if I was O.K. My skin appeared pale and sickly. I tol her that it was only the beginning of a bad cold.

That happened to me so many times also, with her shoes specially.

I once took the whole day off of work to wait at home to sign for a package. Didn't have kids yet, so of course I got bored waiting and got dolled up. So pink fog took over and I lost track of time. Here I was with panties, skirt, heels, big old pushup bra, and a tight t shirt, when I hear a knock at the door.
    I tore off everything as fast as I could and jumped into a pair of shorts. By the time I got to the door the delivery man was crossing the street back to his truck. I yelled and got him to come back, signed for my package, and apologized that I had been "asleep". In my rush I didn't have time to put on a shirt, but I was reasonably fit and I thought it wouldn't be a big deal. After I got my package and went inside only then did I realize I had super clearly defined lines on my chest in the shape of my pushup bra. I was mortified. I'm just glad I never saw that delivery guy again.

I got lucky in the brow department. I have very fair color brows, and not super thick. First time I had them shaped. It looked more or less like a groomed male brow, as time as went on. They became more feminine. A few weeks ago they became they became feminine completely. I couldn't be happier, and no one has said a thing.

As for mistakes. I have bought clothes that just didn't look good on me, and had to get rid of them. I also spent a lot of money on foundation. Intil I found the right shade.

Buying clothes that were too small (or too large). Did that mistake repeatedly!

Putting on rings before putting on nylons caused me to put a run in one of the stockings.

Answering the door in my bare feet. Forgot I had polish on my toenails and it was my uncle at the door.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I once went to my Dr for a hip problem and never expected him to ask me to take my sneakers and socks off. I’m thinking damn, but I just did it and the Dr and his assistant, a female got to see my pretty pink toes. The Doc did not blink an eye but the assistant was smiling.
    Crissy

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    A couple do come to mind although, I've had plenty.

I work with a uniformed group in a facility and we enjoy breaks at large communal round tables.
    After lunch one time a female coworker asked me why I was wearing clear nail polish.
    Employing my natural rapier wit I said, "It keeps my nails from splitting. Besides, you're the only one who noticed!"
    She replied, "Well, actually, I'm just the first person to ask you about it."

And then there was the time I had a quick appointment with the urologist. Pretty routine.
    In the exam room it was the usual confirmation of the test results and no change in medication.
    And then he said, "A quick prostate check and we're all done."
    As I pulled down my pink and violet lace panties I swear I heard him snicker.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Kelly i painted my toe nails once with really cheap products and i worried so much cus it wouldnt come off 😢 i kept them covered for ages until it came off scary lol