Thread: Reality Check

Reality Check

This is both a shameless plug for my blog and what I believe is a well written essay on what it takes to step out the door dressed as the woman you feel like inside. Understand, it's not as simple as just putting on a dress if you want to present yourself a certain way. My approach has allowed me hundreds of outings, in thousands of places, in front of ten of thousands of people without a single negative comment. Fooling no one along the way.

https://kandis328772669.wordpress.co...-man-to-woman/
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Banned Read only
    I did read the blog. I was somewhat surprise that you have to almost sneak out of the cul-de-sac when you're so out and about as a woman. You have so many interactions in your daily life I assumed you just walked out the door all dolled up.

Query. If I may ask, how tall are you and what do you weigh? In your pictures you look quite slim. Me? I can closely shave and need no beard cover. My issue is my height (6' 0") and weight (195-200 lbs) which makes me stand out like a sore thumb. I know many say they see a lot of tall women. I do also, but, they are rarely as heavy as moi. When a picture is taken of moi among a group of women and men thrown in too, I tower over all.

Anyway, I like reading your blog and seeing your escapades around town.

Stephanie, I feel your pain.
    I too stand 5'12" (I HATE saying 6'0") and weigh about the same as you.
    When I first began going out about 15 years ago I had the same dreads. I'm too big, I'm too tall, I'm too *add your own* ...
    Then I began Really looking at the women around me and realized that there are many tall women. I also realized that when I go out Most people are so involved in their own world that they don't even know I'm there. They are pushing their stollers, watching their kids, looking for the right shade of lipstick or that perfect top for that night's date/outing. They don't really care that I'm there as I'm not part of their world and their worries.
    Perhaps Kandi has to sneak out of the house, but once past the immediate neighbors who might put 2 and 2 together it's a different story.

I used to wear flats all the time because of my height, but no longer. Hold your head up, be confident and it will be recognized by those around you. Don't be that deer-in-the-headlights or it will draw attention.
    Sigourney Weaver is my idol. I love her look, her style and she's our height. Be confident and enjoy the world.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    All my neighbors know about me so no need to hide and sneak out of the house.
    Be it 50/50 mode or 100% girl mode makes no difference they wave and/or say hi.
    I know some here dislike being six feet tall but I see lots of women that height or taller every day so you have nothing to worry about.
    I'm 5'4" and overweight so I get stares and stick out a little. I don't care I just act like I belong wherever it is I may be.
    Most people are too busy to care what I am doing.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 09-20-2019 at 06:37 AM.

You look very nice.

I take it you are not out and or you have something with your wife, that's why you have to avoid the neighbors.

It is completely understandable, sounds like you do ok.

Do you worry about running into them or others when you are out and about?

Just today I threw on a dress and called it a day. I am glad you find value and joy in your routine to get ready

Interesting. I am six foot six in bare feet, and in the small town areas i live, there are few tall women at all. I stick out like a scarecrow in a watermelon patch, and one man told his kids not to look at me, when i gave his car a jump start.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I fully endorse miss Kandi and who she is and her great advice.
    As far as being tall yes that is me too and it did concern me as to how I would stand out.
    Guess what? I do stand out but so what I?ve got great looking legs and I show them off, especially in summer and I?m just being me and that?s all I can do
    So be you and get out there as best you can

Honey, you don't need to plug your blog, it speaks for itself. You do a great job and I've picked up a lot of my confidence from the second hand experience of your adventures.
    I also endorse Kandi and her great advice.
    I sympathize with the angst of 'sneaking out' of the neighborhood. Today I went out. I looked out the window and the coast was clear. I started to pull out of the garage, and saw a neighbor in his front yard. Backed back into the garage. Checked out the window and the neighbor was heading back in, but another neighbor was walking down the street heading home. I hate to pull off my wig to leave the neighborhood and put it back on in a parking lot somewhere. I never get it positioned as well. So I waited a few minutes until the coast was clear again, and successfully got out. Had a great day running errands and interacting with the women at the stores. Don't know if I pass or blend or am read immediately. It doesn't matter. Everyone treated me with dignity and made me feel like one of the girls. I have to smile every time I get "ma'amed".
    -peace
    -Gracie

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    If I may ask, how tall are you and what do you weigh?
    I thank you for reading the old blog! You may indeed ask. I am 5' 10", weight about 155. Before I accepted who I am (about five years ago), the weight was almost 40 pound more. Accepting myself just let the weight drop off, I began running and am one of the top runners in my age group in the Cleveland area. I've now run two marathons with the next one next weekend. No Kandi, no running. Thanks for asking.

BTW, my sneaking out of the house is only because it's not the neighbor's business. My wife has zero problem with my escapades, so I will do nothing to EVER embarrass her.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    I also realized that when I go out Most people are so involved in their own world that they don't even know I'm there. They are pushing their stollers, watching their kids, looking for the right shade of lipstick or that perfect top for that night's date/outing. They don't really care that I'm there as I'm not part of their world and their worries. Be confident and enjoy the world.
    BINGO! Perfectly said Cheryl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean 103 View Post
    I take it you are not out and or you have something with your wife, that's why you have to avoid the neighbors.

Do you worry about running into them or others when you are out and about?
    My wife and I really could care less, but it is just easier not to have anybody poking into our business. Once one moves a few miles from their home, the probability of running into a neighbor drops dramatically. I know this from significant personal experience. Thanks Jean!

Quote Originally Posted by GracieRose View Post
    Honey, you don't need to plug your blog, it speaks for itself. You do a great job and I've picked up a lot of my confidence from the second hand experience of your adventures.
    I also endorse Kandi and her great advice.
    Thank you Gracie! Thank you Rach! Thank you all for your undying kindness, support and interest.

Be smart, be appropriate, be confident and be visible (that's the only way we change things)!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I did enjoy reading your blog so thanks for the shameless plug.

Kandi, That was a great article.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I did enjoy reading your blog so thanks for the shameless plug.
    Tracii, you are a role model! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    Kandi, That was a great article.
    The complement is very much appreciated. I take great pride in my writing so it means something to me.