I have an agreement with my wife that I won't dress at home and leave. About seven years ago I was seen by a former neighbor and she called and left a message on our answering machine "Why is ----- wearing a wig and a skirt? My truck was parked about 3 feet from the garage door and the only way anyone could see me was through a 3' gap between the the house and the porch and bushes. She was standing in her driveway across the street, outside her car, talking on her phone, facing down that gap towards our house! I was in a hurry to leave the house before my wife and her sister returned home from shopping and hadn't put any makeup on yet.

Now I put EVERYTHING I plan to use in the van and go to a park to dress and apply makeup. Then I go to a salon and have them do my nails.

On several occasions I have been to car shows and been within 5 feet of a friend and former employee that worked for me for over 20 years and his wife and they never recognized me. I have also passed by another former employee several times at car shows and he never showed any signs of recognition. I have spoken to them in drab at other shows after that and they never mentioned seeing me when we stopped and talked.

I believe once you are out of your normal environment people don't make a connection unless you are in a highly recognizable vehicle or are with someone that you associate with a lot (such as your spouse).

Do you think you would be recognized by someone once you were dressed and away from home?

Suzi Q