Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How easy are you to recognize when dressing?

As far as I know, I have no evidence that being recognized while out as Sarah has ever happened. Of course, I have limited experiences as a whole.

At a First Event in Marlborough MA two years ago, a police officer ( a friend of a friend) who was doing a security detail there never acknowledge me as I walked by him several times !
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

In full femme mode wig, war paint, nails, femme accessories I don't think I would be recognized on the street or passing in the mall. Now if out with my wife I think friends who know us both and could 2 and 2 together. Also as someone else mentioned above if a friend had time to study my face in a restaurant I suspect they would have a 50-50 chance of recognizing me.
    Last edited by Jillian Faith; 09-26-2019 at 07:11 AM.
    Jill

Since I have not experimented with wigs and makeup, I don't look any different from the neck up. I seriously need to change that.
    Last edited by BTWimRobin; 09-26-2019 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Forgot a key word
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

If you wear glasses (Indicated by your avatar) change to a more fem set. I am lucky in that I can get by with out them but to read. I buy reading glasses at a Dollar a pair. I have one frame where I ground down an old plastic set of lenses to a rectangular shape and mounted some wire stems and nose piece to make some Ben Franklin style glasses for when I was doing Santa Clause. Kids can tell when you are wearing "Plano" lenses.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

My SO says I look like my Mom or Sister when I am wearing my short wig, the one I hate, so if i was out and about by myself, I might not be recognized. When I am with her, probably so....
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I resemble my sister ONLY IF I wear black-framed glasses when I'm dressed up (which I no longer wear).

Just told a co-worker (few weeks ago) AND showed him pictures (he's what I consider a semi-professional drag-queen).
    At first he didn't believe me.
    It is mainly due, I believe, to me wearing glasses every day.

I always have my YouTube to show if someone really doesn't believe, with my regular voice and all.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I guess it would depend how well the person knew me. I have been able to pass easily over the years. Even if I knew someone I don't think i would be recognizable immediately.

YOULOVEMYTOES Palaina Nocturnus's Avatar
    I had a woman ask me for a light at an LGBT bar not realizing that she knew me. I handed her my lighter and she gave it back said thank you and went to walk away lol I called her name and she spun around looking for a familiar face. She was in such shock that she took a pic with me cuz she couldn't believe it was me lol

Anyone who knows my older sister would know me. I look just like her when dressed. Other that that I don't think anyone would know me. They may think I am a man in a dress, but not me personally.

Settled down for a few years in the Texas Hill Country
    Last Saturday night I I had a makeover at My Changing Room. Afterwards, Tabitha, one of MUAs there, and I went to Cuchi Cuchi, a tapas style restaurant in Cambridge, MA. The owner welcomed me sweetly before seating us. At the end of the night, I talked with the owner to tell her how much I enjoyed the food and her restaurant, and told her my wife, who was out of town, would love it.

Last night, five days later, my wife and I, in male mode, met friends for dinner at the same restaurant. Even had the same waitress as the previous visit.

As the evening wound down, I had a chance to talk to the waitress one-on-one to thank her for her service. As we talked, I mentioned that we had met. She looked at me quizzically then asked when. I told her the previous Saturday night. She pondered for a bit then said, "ah, the table in the back corner. I said yes then we chit chatted a little more.

I also spoke to the owner to tell her we enjoyed the meal and the ambiance of her restaurant. She thanked me. Then I said I had told her that I thought my wife would enjoy her restaurant. Her eyes got wide, then she asked "you were here last Saturday?" When I said yes,* she hugged me and kissed me on both cheeks and thanked me for coming back. She also said I looked very different. Told her I appreciated how I was treated. We talked a little more, then hugged, and I returned to the table.
    Lynne

You can friend me at on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lynnesealytx. I don't post often, mainly lurk

I've worked in the concert touring business for many years, and have spent a long time out on the road touring with some major artists in my time. About 20 years ago I was in Amsterdam with a band I had been out with for about a year, so we knew each other well. We had a night off there, and there was a bar I wanted to visit, so I got dolled up and went to go out later in the evening. Unfortunately, at this particular hotel, there was no more private way to get out, just using the main elevator banks, so that is what I did. I was up on a higher floor, and alone when I got in. To my horror, the elevator stopped a couple of floors down, the doors opened, and a group consisting of the guitar player, singer, and a couple of crew got in with me! Even tho I knew this to be a possibility, it hadn't really dawned on me just how nervous I would be if it did happen... I was quivering with nerves, but no one said a thing, but just parted to let me out first with one holding the door for me when we reached the lobby! I could feel their eyes on me as I clacked across the lobby in my heels and likely far too short skirt.
    After I had left the bar, it was pretty late, and I took a cab back to the hotel, quite confident that at that time I would not see anyone I knew. When I walked into the lobby tho, who should be standing at the Reception counter but the same group who had been in the elevator earlier! The conversation dried up as I walked across the lobby once more, with their eyes all on me yet again... Thankfully, the doors to the elevator were open and closed quickly behind me to whisk me out of potential embarrassment.
    I felt sure they must have known it was me, and went to the venue the following day scared that there would be a lot of finger pointing and whispering... However, no such thing. No one was in any way the slightest bit different with me, and I knew they had no idea it was me... It really was quite exhilarating

Aspiring Member
    I recently came out to my daughters friend who happens to be a makeup artist. I showed her two of my pics and she was shocked at how good they looked. Immediately she said there is no way she would have ever recognized me. She can’t wait to get me in her chair for a makeover. Btw, my daughter knows and is accepting. She too feels I am un recognizable as well.
    Rachel

Banned Read only
    I might have to take back everything I said before... Last night I was at a local club with my son. I went into the club a few minutes before my son as he is a smoker. Anyway I walked in, said hi to a couple regulars, waited in line for a drink, and went a grabbed a table. My son comes in about 5 minuted after I sat down and said as he was coming in one of my old friends that does not know about my dressing was just leaving.

But to be fair I did not see him either...

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    No idea to be honest. Having been a closet dresser for more than 50 years and no one has ever commented in that manner. For sure people have seen me dressed and for sure some have recognised me. Guess your neighbor is a total cow. To send such a message. Just my personal veiw from what you have commented. She may be really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi Q View Post
    Do you think you would be recognized by someone once you were dressed and away from home?
    I think it would be unlikely that I would be recognized assuming:

1) I am not out and about in my home town.
    2) My wife is not with me.
    3) I don't have to talk.

By an amazing coincidence one Sunday at church I clocked a drab dressed CD I knew from a CD support group I attended not by his/her physical characteristics but by his/her voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor186 View Post
    snip . .

"By an amazing coincidence one Sunday at church I clocked a drab dressed CD I knew from a CD support group I attended not by his/her physical characteristics but by his/her voice."
    I find this statement very interesting.
    I too have such a distinctive voice, I could not hide my voice.
    It is a bassie with a nasal twang but not a southern accent.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Well... until I get a wig, shave the goatee and mustache, and learn how to do makeup, I?m pretty easy to recognize across a parking lot... looking forward to the day that I can complete the look north of the neckline!

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    Kind of the opposite....My SO and I were at the Erie Gala a few years ago, 4 days fully enfemme. Was with a group from the Funky Skunk in Warren, Ohio. None of us had ever seen each other in drab. Some idiot hit my parked car and I happen to look out the window in the room and saw what happened. Changed to drab, went down and got a police report. Heading back to the room, I saw a few friends who were dressed enfemme. I headed towards them to say "Hi" and they all scattered thinking I was some kind of weirdo. Went back to the room and changed, caught up with them later. They thought some guy had recognized them enfemme. They couldn't believe it was me!

Can work both way I guess!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

CayleeMarlie; you don't have to do all the shaving if you want to be MIAD. I gave up my being a Professional Santa Clause to cone out as Leslie Mary. I even had a Santa Claus School that I closed.
    Attachment 307598
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 10-05-2019 at 03:53 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:

Extremely easy if the person knew me in guy mode first. If folks meet me for the first time when I'm dressed, they don't make the connection right away, if at all.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I part my hair on the opposite side, so I'm sure I would not be recognized. Hey, it works for Superman!
    Seriously though, in addition to the part, the female hairstyle (I no longer wear a wig), glasses and makeup probably make it so that it'd require more than a casual look for those who know the boy me to recognize me without other cues, voice, for example.

Any of you matched a SA? I have once.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 10-06-2019 at 05:44 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:

Banned Read only
    My daughter's boyfriend walked by me in the mall. Didn't get a second look. I'm wearing a wig but I think good makeup to hide any hint of facial hair is crucial.

If i went out in the small town i live at, and they already know me, my Height would be the first give away, and my posture, huge feet, , huge hands, voice, chin. From a long distance, i might not be quite so recognizable, but anything less than 100 feet, likely read. Both of my vehicles would give me away, too. They are unique/
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 10-06-2019 at 08:22 AM.

I had another occurrence of being dressed and running into someone that knows me last Tuesday. I was in the grocery store and a woman in my running club came around the end of the aisle and looked straight at me and said "Hi" I responded "Hello" and looked at my grocery list again and picked up an item off the shelf and continued on down the aisle.

Today we ran 6 miles together and we talked quite a bit, but she never mentioned seeing me. I think she may have seen something about me that looked familiar but didn't make the connection. She is a teacher, so she may have thought she recognized me from School when she said hi. After the run today, as we were all standing around talking and cooling off before going home she thanked me for running with her.

I don't think she had any idea that she had seen me!

Suzi Q