Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How easy are you to recognize when dressing?

In my head I'm very recognizable but apparently in reality I may not be.

I have been to the same MUA several times for makeovers. This means she has seen me in MIAD mode as well as fully femme on each occasion. I ran into her in a shop across the street from the salon where she works one day while I was in full drab presentation. We were literally two feet from each other, face to face and it wan't until I engaged her in conversation that she recognized me.

I have yet to have any close calls with anyone I know, but I'm sure I'd be recognized pretty easily. At least that's how I feel.

It wa tested once and I was recognised but it was in my early days of trying to dress enfemme. Not sure if these days I would be recognised or not but to be honest the fear of discovery is overwhelming so I don't venture out much at all.

I dont know, but i like to think i wouldnt be recognised at all.
    I have wondered this for a long time, and it would be an interesting test.
    The thing is i would probably attract attention for being smartly dressed though.

However, Unless i was seen in the car or coming or going from the house, i would be reasonably confident on not being recognised.
    Also Unless someone i knew spoke to me and wanted a reply....
    Last edited by KymG; 10-15-2019 at 04:59 PM.

I've only been dressed in public twice, both times with a wig and clothes but no makeup. The first time was for a friend's bachelorette party at Hamburger Mary's drag brunch. I felt odd being the only man in the group so my lady helped me dress to fit in. I was shocked when I got out of the car and walked up to a couple other friends who arrived at the same time. I was less than 10 feet away with them looking straight at me in full daylight and they didn't know it was me until I spoke. As soon as they heard my voice they knew.

The second time was for another friend's bachelor party. The groomsmen had planned to appear in drag then stage a fight over who gets to take him home with them. My lady is a long time friend of his and worked with them for she & I to both come in drag (her as a man) to surprise him. It probably helped that someone spilled the beans long before we got there, but he knew me the second I stepped in the door. A lady also at the bar told me she knew I was a man the second I walked in, but she wanted to ask me how I wanted to be addressed - as male or female. Everyone I interacted with at dinner before the party also seemed to know I was en femme, but were nice enough to treat me as female.

Although I'm built like a linebacker, I hope I can improve my presentation and come closer to passing next time.

Aspiring Member
    I think my facial hair would give me away

Silver Member
    I no longer look fem. But I wear blouses, tops and women's tees. I think most all neighbors know it. I'm also the guy that people ask for help. One of my neighbors told her boyfriend about me. He told her that I was a nice guy. They split up. Funny part is that her husband and another neighbor took me fishing soon after we moved into the neighborhood. I was wearing women's shorts and a top that when I reached down showed my bra. We went on other fishing days and nothing was ever said.

I have been given clothes by some of the neighbor women and friends. Not long ago I went to a meeting with several neighborhood women at one of their homes. Rain caught me as I was going into one of the women's home. I had to take off my jacket which left no question that under my women's top I had on a bra. It turned out that several women came to the meeting. I was invited to attend in the future.
    Last edited by lingerieLiz; 10-20-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Banned Read only
    I think it depends on the person. My daughter's boyfriend walked by me in a very empty mall without spotting me. Good thing! Meanwhile, a woman I rarely see from my accountant's office recognized me from accross a parking lot.

I’m pretty fortunate, in that I look like my wife when dressed...just a little taller. If people saw my face, I’m sure they’d do a double-take, but the figure...hair, etc...they’d think it’s just her. In fact, we could share some of my photos w/her family or mine, and they wouldn't know unless we told them.
    Last edited by DTelia; 10-22-2019 at 01:48 PM.

I too have,while in drab, shared my photos with a few people and they want to know who the woman is.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I completely agree. I spent days stuck with the same people in uniform while I was in the Navy but had a hard time recognizing them in town on liberty

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi Q View Post
    Do you think you would be recognized by someone once you were dressed and away from home?
    N--O--T at A--L--L !

Lipstick ;-).jpg

I had the opposite happen for the first time recently. Someone I've known for years didn't recognize me in the street in drab, because for the past few months they had only ever seen me with hair and all and had got used to it.

I need to amend my response. I went to work dressed yesterday and two people who had seen me many times before in drab actually thought I was a new hire. This surprised me a bit.

I'm editing down a post about my Halloween dressed at work. I'll post it with pics a bit later.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!