Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Crossdressing

Why Crossdressing

What is there about buying wearing Women's clothing that makes you feel so good,
    so right ?
    I have done forever still have no clue ?

JAS

I guess I really became a cross dresser when I purchased my first pair of panties many year ago. Prior to that I would just “borrow” my mothers, sisters and girlfriends panties from time to time for my own pleasure. But while living alone as a bachelor, I eventually started to purchase my own female things. Of course I enjoyed it and still do. Why do I enjoy it and other males do not? I?ll never know. I?ve been trying to figure it out for years. It is the primary reason that I joined this forum years ago. What makes us cross dressers? When someone finds the answer, please let me in on that secret.

The feeling can range from an intense euphoria to
    a simple feeling of peace , happi
    ness , and wel being . So many different reactions to the same thing .

JAS

Interesting question, I think shopping for women’s whatever is just so much fun. I have no idea why but I look forward to it all the time.
    Crissy

Could it be that women have always been like they are and therefore buying clothes for them is matter of fact but for us all wired differently it becomes a time of pure joy and pleasure.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Great question. For me, women's clothing is so sexy and I wanted to feel what they feel when getting dressed up. I'm not sure why I started but I've never felt more alive than when I'm dressing up as Nicole.

I agree. Why? Who knows? Since my early years, I?ve always been astounded by the senses, feelings, comfort, peace, etc. when I dress...from one or two things to the full package. Over the years, I?ve invested hours and hours searching, reading, thinking about the ?why?. I still have yet to find an answer that makes any sense, but, daily, I know that I both want and need to experience the pleasures of dressing.

The why question, the only answer I have been able to come up with is it completes me.

It is more than a feeling, I went at this hard about five years ago. My wife had thrown me out, after 30 years. I was in a DADT at the time, I just couldn't control myself.

I ended up becoming just Jean. I actually prefer this than any box you want to put me into.

About year and a half after being thrown out, I'm the lady of the house living with a man. He would prefer I just dressed for special occasions. I can't do that, I have to dress all the time. I do work as a guy, but wearing women's clothes, with one exception a company t-shirt.

My boyfriend (a lead singer) got front row seats to a George Thorogood concert. He asked me if I would go as a guy. I was completely miserable and everyone could tell. I couldn't leave, I just sat there motionless, not me at all. Legs and arms crossed, head down, it was the only way I could keep from standing up and running out. All the women were in dresses. He later apologized, I too apologized for my behavior.

I have given up trying to answer this question. At this point I don't see knowing the answer would make any difference.

I'm just Jean.
    Last edited by Jean 103; 09-20-2019 at 08:30 AM.

I am attracted to the colors and prints (usually end up with a dress with pockets)

Banned Read only
    For years I was a crossdresser that didn't know why and didn't care to know.

But locked away deep in my heart I knew why, I just didn't want to admit it to myself.

I am transgender and I like to wear the clothing of the gender I identify with.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 09-20-2019 at 08:39 AM.

For me shopping for clothes make or female are the same. I don?t a huge amount of joy from shopping for female clothes. Much like when I go shopping for male clothes I buy what catches my eye.

Now on that note, my taste of female clothes is completely different from my male clothes. Most of my male clothes tend to be fairly androgynous and pretty much only black but me female clothes tend to be more colorful and have patterns to them. Much like my male closes, they are mostly something that is comfortable to wear. No super tight clothes. Don?t have the figure for it!

Since shopping for clothes, male or female, don?t hold a huge draw for me. I see it as just something that needs to get done every so often. It might hold a different view if it was like planned day out with someone I like but as I am not seeing anyone and just fresh from a divorce it is very likely to happen.

Robertacd: Pockets! Exactly! This is one of the few reasons I usually don?t wear female jeans. Women have been short changed on pockets! There are a lot of pants out there with fake pockets or pockets that are flipping tiny as heck! I love pockets. When I see something real pockets I tend to scoop them up!
    Last edited by Victoria_Winters; 09-20-2019 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Add more and respond to another poster!

Platinum Member
    I find women's clothing is more expressive than male clothing. Generally speaking male clothing tends to be boring. I worked in an office environment for many decades. I worked with professionals across the table from me. The choice of slacks was limited; black, grey, brown and not much else. Shirts and ties offered me a chance to express myself. Rather than wear a mundane white dress shirt I wore shirts of various colors. Ties allowed me to express myself on any given day. Thr ability to be express myself on any given day works better with women's attire. I love dresses. Yes, I have the LBD all women seem to have hanging in their closets. However, I am drawn to prints. I especially love floral prints which is followed by patterns. Footwear in women's attire has a lot more range than my guy footwear which was only in black and brown. How much better it is to match footwear to the colors in a dress. Undergarments? On the boy side it is always white or black and it was usually white since black may show through a dress shirt. Some GG's on this site many years ago chastised me for matching my undergarments (bra, panty and slip). I love color. And, my love is not limited to the outerwear; dress and shoes. It feels sensual to wear a red bra, panty and full slip under a red dress. I have full slips over a wide range. Of course, the slips are all in the vintage category now. Clothes to me are more than something to cover bare skin against the elements (rain, cold, sun). Clothes are a way to express myself. Instead of "read my lips" it is look at my dress!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    No long drawn out reasons or excuses I'm transgender and the clothes help me feel normal.

I cannot totally understand why. But, some clues.. My dad did not want sons, annnd got three oof them. He adored my sister, but resented the sons. Also, I was kept away from girls and women for a long time, and din not get the nerve to talk with women a lot until in my late 20's. I have been starved for female touch and beauty. At age 13, started "borrowing" my sister and moms things. Quit for years, but occasionally ordered pantyhose by mail. At age 51, bought my first thrift store dress, wig, ordered heels by mail, bought first bra, girdles, panties, jewelry. I like the sensual way it all feels and looks, and i have tried to quit many times, and purged 99% a few years ago, only, start again several months later. I think it is also an escape from my lonely unwanted bachelor world, to temporarily look and feel like a tall, attractive woman, i admire. But, i can not let it take over my whole life, for several reasons. I like doing guy things as a guy, too
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 09-20-2019 at 12:59 PM.

I have been aware of my femininity, and the need to hide it, from a very young age. The clothes help me express that. I don't seem to have the dysphoria that insists that I AM a woman, but in many ways, I am like a woman, and the more I can simply be myself in that way, the happier and more at peace I seem to be.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Gold Member
    Interesting question;
    It could be a feeling with-in to be a woman,
    It could be that it is taboo, and you are getting away with it.
    It could be you like the different fabrics that women wear.
    Or it could be you just like to dress up.
    To me, well it is part and all of the above.
    Rade

For me it started as a sexual rush. I was not one of the cool kids in high school. No dates, no dances, very few parties. I was really not accepted. So, being home a lot and my mother working two jobs, I started trying her stuff, and the occasional makeup while taking care of business.

Now, I do it simply because I enjoy it. There is still a sexual aspect to it for me, however that is not all it is anymore. I have found it very interesting the acceptance of the GG's I know and have seen me dressed either in photo or IRL. That helps my confidence obviously. being able to express myself in the forum has also helped.

I have decided I don't want to continue paying a makeup artist except for special occasions maybe. So, getting all the tools of the trade and various makeup stuff and going to work on doing it myself. Wish me luck!

Because I like to walk my fabulous glamazon butt into a room and watch the jaws drop.

This is a question I'm also trying to answer. By some of the responses there seems to be no real answer. The best I have come up with for me is that I love feeling feminine. I love putting on a bra and panties, sliding on my nylons. Wearing a pretty floral print dress with some heels. It makes me feel like a woman.

I was socially inept :
    Ignored by the girls
    often teased and bullied by the older
    Bigger boys
    Maybe in part my way of compensating for
    Not being popular or having a real girlfriend.
    Maybe I became my own girlfriend or something like that

JAS

Dressing in girl clothes decreases the gender identity dysphoria. So I feel normal when dressed as a girl, but uncomfortable when dressed as a guy. It's that simple. There more to it, about how I wound up this way (clue, I wasn't born this way, link in my sig below), but that's why I do it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring Member
    I believe that it is simply how our brains are hardwired. Men and women's brains are hardwired differently, and use different neural pathways. Research has shown that transgender's brains are somehow between typical male and female. Cross-dressing isn't a point on the sexual spectrum, but encompasses its own spectrum.

When a cross-dresser feminizes himself his brain releases a host of feel-good neurotransmitters (dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin, etc.) that produce the sensations we enjoy. Yes, cross-dressing may just be about the brain's neurotransmitters.

How can it be put into words? It's just CRAZY FUN that's why!

For awhile I thought maybe if I spent more time working on my looks in male mode I could stop the PINK-FOG!

I don't see that happening anytime soon.
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 09-20-2019 at 05:56 PM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I really like threads like this because I love to read all the ornate stories with all the excuses of why they dress.
    Some have still not accepted what they are and I can tell by the way they are telling a story trying to convince themselves they are not something they actually are.

Jean Ann, I can relate to being my own girlfriend. I am super tall, and never had a tall lady interested much in me. My Alice is the girlfriend or wife i never had.