Thread: A short story of a long progression

A short story of a long progression

For almost 20 years I have been meeting a friend for coffee nearly every week. I met "Jim" as a result of using the Tri-Ess members address book and "snail-mail" (BI time; Before Internet).

When we first started meeting we were both drab (Jim never goes out en femme). We were meeting at a coffee and bagels place. I was quite nervous about people over hearing our conversations when we talked about cross dressing After some months I decided that I wanted to meet while en femme. Gradually I became much more comfortable presenting as a woman.

Later we started meeting at a local mall as we could sit and visit in the atrium for as long as we wanted to and people watch. One day Jim said that his wife ("Jan") wanted to do some shopping at the mall while we visited. She told him she would call him when she was finished shopping. Instead she just came to where we were sitting and joined us. Since then she has often joined us after shopping or having had her nails done. I have also visited them at their home.

For the past 2 or 3 years Jim and I have often met a strip mall where there is a coffee shop that we both like. Last week Jim asked if we could meet at the larger mall as Jan wanted do some shopping with their granddaughter whom I had never met. I asked Jim if Jan would be OK with me meeting their granddaughter. Jim assured me that it would not be a problem as I was often mentioned in their family and they all knew that I would be en femme. This was a surprise to me!

I am happy to say that all went well when I met them at the mall. At no time during our conversations did anyone give any indication of being uncomfortable. I have spent so much time in many public situations presenting as a woman that I am totally comfortable doing so. It was another enjoyable event.
    Hugs, Carole

That is a wonderful story! I am glad everything went well.

Hi Carole, glad you had a great time and all went well

That's great I love reading happy stories and so glad you feel comfortable going out in fem. Thanks for sharing

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    This is such a good example that we can take our time and not feel pressure to meet anyone's expectations buy our own. And it seems that your comfort level has allowed Jim and Jan to feel comfortable as well. It's a good story Carole, thank you.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

This is such a wonderful story on so many fronts. Thanks for sharing.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

That's a great story so glad it works for you Carole.
    Angie

Good story, but I am not surprised all. You present yourself so well; always impeccably dressed.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

You are an inspiration, Carole! Nancy

Platinum Member
    I always find your picture postings very inspiring in the sense everyone should look as womanly as you. You are a lovely mature woman. You dress impeccably. Nice to read about your encounters.

Great story , this is the way it should go
    For all of us , all the time

JAS

Carole, That is a great story of acceptance on your friend's family and confidence on your part.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

You are such a classy lady it does not surprise me that you have such nice friends.
    Crissy

I?m tots jealous. I think I speak for everyone here... you are a lucky person!

Platinum Member
    That?s such a nice example of progress, as well as progression
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I wish that i could meet with someone as open to our crossdressing needs as you have.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sounds more like a story of your evolution of confidence and acceptance of yourself, Carole. Than, that of acceptance by others?

I have found women, in particular, to be quite accepting and curious about CD's. Until it comes to dating one!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Great story very inspirational also.