Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traveling with breast forms - advice

Michelle, I'm glad that you were able to fly with no issues. Your picture is gorgeous.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Michelle, You are absolutely stunning!
    Crissy

Oh my. I'm on a plane right now having gone through TSA and noticing the fuss at JFK that the TSA agents made about fluids.
    Last edited by char GG; 09-29-2019 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Not going there.... Not a CD issue.

To chime in with my recent experience: a week ago
    I flew pretty from Austin to Chicago while wearing my
    silicone forms and hip padding; my "no" response to
    "any metal on your person" won me a successful trip
    through the metal detector (instead of the scanner
    booth, which was having some kind of issue) and I
    was through to the concourse lickety-split.

On the way back I flew in boy-mode and checked
    the luggage containing my silicone; no problems
    to report.

On past trips when I've transported my silicone in
    my carry-on I usually have been pulled aside for a
    bag check.

Would bird seed breast forms cause any problems?
    Amanda

Just to join in: I flew over the weekend wearing forms and the whole kit and caboodle with no problems. I did get some questions because I didn't look like the guy in my passport, but it was fine I basically just said oh yes that's an old photo for sure and made light of it. They looked a bit closer and decided ok that is you, thanks for your time, and off I went.

Seeds: I don't know for domestic flights but for international travel seeds of any kind are usually an issue (agricultural concerns) regardless of where or how you carry them
    Last edited by Eemz; 10-02-2019 at 11:04 AM.

Aspiring Member
    US Dept of Agriculture laws prohibit importation of raw plant material, such as seeds, leaves, roots, potted plants, etc., without a permit. The reason is to avoid importing dangerous insects and plant diseases that attach their eggs or spores to raw plant material. Birdseed not within a commercially labeled package is one of the prohibited things. I am a gardener who gives much of my produce to the poor. Please help us by following the rules for imports. We risk the daily food for a lot of hungry poor people if we are careless.

I always check my feminine stuff when traveling, and don't travel en femme ever, at least not yet. The only time I ever had an 'almost' issue was going into Malaysia earlier this year. My breast forms were in bags inside a pair of sneakers to keep them a little more secure, and the customs agent at the checked bag scanner, a lady dressed in full Hijab, asked me what was inside my shoes. Some colleagues were with me, so I nervously told her they were just forms to keep my shoes in shape! She nodded and let me thru. I have no idea if she knew what they were... I was actually more nervous about my cbd oil that would have been a greater problem if found! I take that for chemo side effects...

I just place the forms in a separate bag or tote. Pull the tote out of your carry on and put it on the conveyer all by itself.

That way, if it's an issue TSA doesn't need to "open" or "inspect" your carryon. They might ask "Can we check inside the tote?". You can say "Sure..." and not say anything about what's inside. They'll peek inside, see what's there, know the forms are on the list of acceptable items and simply close the tote/bag without comment.

If the tote bag with the forms is inside something else, TSA will often ask to inspect the entire carry-on. If the tote bag is by itself on the conveyor it sometimes gets checked, but usually without comment.

Wearing forms (in drab) has only caused an issue once. I ended up in the hand inspection line and the poor TSA guy did the normal pat down, felt my bra straps, then my chest area. He sort of paused, turned completely red and sort of stammered, "You're clear". I was worried at the time, but looking back - it was pretty funny.
    Last edited by Robinsinclair; 10-05-2019 at 04:46 PM.

I flew over the weekend with fill-its (a 1 cup size enhancer, much smaller than full forms), an underwire bra, boots, and a wig in my carry on. The bag got a little more scrutiny on the bag scanner screen but they didn't ask to open it or ask any questions, coming or going. Whether it's because of the combination, because I was traveling with my lady, because we were flying under her TSA pre-check, or they didn't care, I'll never know but I had no issues or delays from it.

Curious. Do silicone forms being worn show up on a TSA body scan? I sometimes wear an inexpensive pullover soft bra that is extremely comfortable. There is no underwire obviously, nor any metal clasp. I've never had the opportunity (or dared) to fly en femme. I'd consider this bra with forms if I did, however.

You are absolutely gorgeous. I would never know you were not a woman.

Silver Member
    I've done all three ways. I don't usually wear forms. I did get the wand check because of my underwires. Carry on was checked since I had a bra in it. It was below the panties the guy just looked quickly. I put forms in my checked bag. It was searched and who ever checked made sure to put the notice on the forms.

Flew out of San Diego last year was searched, hands wiped and my perscription meds (3) were checked. Was a real pain. Made comment that I should just show up in flip flop and a speedo with my ID and ticket, lady behind me said she had though of doing that often, also comment that she was a local and this was the worst airport for tsa.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Lawrence;4399493
    Curious. Do silicone forms being worn show up on a TSA body scan? I sometimes wear an inexpensive pullover soft bra that is extremely comfortable. There is no underwire obviously, nor any metal clasp. I've never had the opportunity (or dared) to fly en femme. I'd consider this bra with forms if I did, however.
    I'm not sure if they show up on a body scan, but I expect they do.

In checked or carry on luggage they kinda look like C4, hence the extra security check. Just remember that some GGs wear forms, say after a mastectomy, and they wouldn't be happy if they were outed by TSA. TSA considers them a permitted medical prosthesis.

I use a CPAP device for sleep apnea. It's actually pretty damn expensive, like $2000+ and I always bring in it my carry on. It is a separate bag with a bunch of accessories. A few times the flight attendants have stopped me for having 3 carry on bags, but it's a permitted medical device and doesn't count as one of my bags. As soon as I say CPAP, I go right through with "3 bags".
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trione View Post
    Flew out of San Diego last year was searched, hands wiped and my perscription meds (3) were checked. Was a real pain. Made comment that I should just show up in flip flop and a speedo with my ID and ticket, lady behind me said she had though of doing that often, also comment that she was a local and this was the worst airport for tsa.
    Speedo and flip flops? It has already been done. There are photos of guys in Speedos on the Internet, as well as photos of the nice brunette in a bikini going through the scanner in Denver a few years ago.

San Diego is bad, I will agree, having been there twice in the past year. But the prize for worst TSA goes to DCA. They are the pros when it comes to brutal passenger abuse. In my experience, and I do a lot of flying, no one else is even close.