Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traveling with breast forms - advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Traveling with breast forms - advice

Has anyone traveled with breast forms in your carry on? Did TSA have any issue with them?

Banned Read only
    I haven't personally traveled with mine but from what I hear either wear them or check them.

Otherwise your bag will probably get extra scrutiny because they will show up as too much liquid for carry on luggage in the scanner.

Take mine in my carry on all the time - 9/10 times they want to look in my bag but once they see what they are they move you right along - never had a negative comment about it. That said if you?re traveling with co-workers and might be in the line with them ... then check it 100% - have done that in the past also with no issues ever. Enjoy!!!

I just did this week for the first time. I had them in my carry on and TSA wanted to see what was in the bag. He asked what I had in the bag and I told him they were my prosthetics. He then asked if I want a private screening, I just simply told him to be discrete when he opened things up. He discreetly opened the bag and swiped them with a test strip before closing it back up. This was an average regional airport, Denver didn't bat an eye.

This was several years ago, but yes and yes.

However, I thoroughly read the TSA rules and was well armed to defend my rights. Remember, breast forms are entirely legal, but they kind of look like C4.

I had my breast forms in my carry-on bag and just let them go through security. After i made it through security, I saw my bag going back and forth through the scanner, and I knew my breast forms had been spotted. The TSA agent called my name, and I quietly told him, "I think I know what you saw in the scanner. I have breast forms in there." The TSA guy said, "I have to hand inspect them anyhow." I knew I had the right to request a private scanning, and that was my intended next step. However, before I even got the words out, the TSA guy asked me if I wanted a private screening. I said I did.

The private screening was unremarkable. We went to a private room, and the TSA guy asked to see the breast forms. About half of my bag was girl stuff, including a lot of jewelry that I didn't want in my checked luggage. But it was not a problem at all. The TSA guy even allowed me a few extra minutes (at my request) to repack my carry on bag so I didn't need to repack it in public.

Just remember, many breast cancer survivors use the same forms as you and I and may be equally squeamish about revealing their secret to everyone in the airport. You are entitled to the same level of privacy as they are.

So read the rules and stand up for your rights. You are allowed to ask for a supervisor the the TSA screener does not respect your rights. Demand it if you need to.

Allow time for the additional screening. I don't know what to do about co-workers, except to say "I need to go to the bathroom NOW. I'll meet you at the gate."
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If u carry them on? Expect a delay while they examine them and check u out.

They don't seem worried if u put them in your checked bag.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I had them in my carry on once and it got searched, no issues at all with the search. So now to save time I always check them, my checked bag has never been searched. (I use a colored zip tie to secure the zippers and they have never been cut-off)

Just to join in: I flew over the weekend wearing forms and the whole kit and caboodle with no problems. I did get some questions because I didn't look like the guy in my passport, but it was fine I basically just said oh yes that's an old photo for sure and made light of it. They looked a bit closer and decided ok that is you, thanks for your time, and off I went.

Seeds: I don't know for domestic flights but for international travel seeds of any kind are usually an issue (agricultural concerns) regardless of where or how you carry them
    Last edited by Eemz; 10-02-2019 at 11:04 AM.

To chime in with my recent experience: a week ago
    I flew pretty from Austin to Chicago while wearing my
    silicone forms and hip padding; my "no" response to
    "any metal on your person" won me a successful trip
    through the metal detector (instead of the scanner
    booth, which was having some kind of issue) and I
    was through to the concourse lickety-split.

On the way back I flew in boy-mode and checked
    the luggage containing my silicone; no problems
    to report.

On past trips when I've transported my silicone in
    my carry-on I usually have been pulled aside for a
    bag check.

Would bird seed breast forms cause any problems?
    Amanda

Silver Member
    I've done all three ways. I don't usually wear forms. I did get the wand check because of my underwires. Carry on was checked since I had a bra in it. It was below the panties the guy just looked quickly. I put forms in my checked bag. It was searched and who ever checked made sure to put the notice on the forms.

I only have checked them. On occasion they have searched my check bag. They will leave a not inside the bag saying it was searched.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    My breast form carry-on story.

The nice lady TSA agent in Las Vegas upon seeing the outline of my boobies and heels, "What show are you in, Hon?"

But, the dumbass rookie at DCA had to make a big effing deal holding one of them up and showing everyone.
    And then noisily doing an explosive test on each one as I stood there shaking my head.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I always check my feminine stuff when traveling, and don't travel en femme ever, at least not yet. The only time I ever had an 'almost' issue was going into Malaysia earlier this year. My breast forms were in bags inside a pair of sneakers to keep them a little more secure, and the customs agent at the checked bag scanner, a lady dressed in full Hijab, asked me what was inside my shoes. Some colleagues were with me, so I nervously told her they were just forms to keep my shoes in shape! She nodded and let me thru. I have no idea if she knew what they were... I was actually more nervous about my cbd oil that would have been a greater problem if found! I take that for chemo side effects...

I just place the forms in a separate bag or tote. Pull the tote out of your carry on and put it on the conveyer all by itself.

That way, if it's an issue TSA doesn't need to "open" or "inspect" your carryon. They might ask "Can we check inside the tote?". You can say "Sure..." and not say anything about what's inside. They'll peek inside, see what's there, know the forms are on the list of acceptable items and simply close the tote/bag without comment.

If the tote bag with the forms is inside something else, TSA will often ask to inspect the entire carry-on. If the tote bag is by itself on the conveyor it sometimes gets checked, but usually without comment.

Wearing forms (in drab) has only caused an issue once. I ended up in the hand inspection line and the poor TSA guy did the normal pat down, felt my bra straps, then my chest area. He sort of paused, turned completely red and sort of stammered, "You're clear". I was worried at the time, but looking back - it was pretty funny.
    Last edited by Robinsinclair; 10-05-2019 at 04:46 PM.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Who has flown en femme? I could use the advice

I travel extensively for work. I always pack them in my checked in suitcase. Never had a problem. I never take them in carry on because I'm a frequent flyer and everyone in security knows me.

Well, if you read the TSA restrictions and adhere to them then you wouldn't be able to take your forms unless they comply with the regulations for liquids and gels.
    In that case they can't be more than 3.4oz...and who wants boobs that small???? LOL
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Well, if you read the TSA restrictions and adhere to them then you wouldn't be able to take your forms unless they comply with the regulations for liquids and gels. In that case they can't be more than 3.4oz...and who wants boobs that small???? LOL
    Here are the details from TSA itself:

https://www.tsa.gov/transgender-passengers
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I have flown with forms in my carry on many times, including tonight. I keep them in a little box, and I always pull that box out of my carry on for screening. It usually gets opened. Sometimes they do the full “swab” rest, and others they will just open the box, have a look, and return it to the conveyer.by pulling the box out, I keep them from going through my whole bag, which is more time consuming and just a pain. Never any issues.
    Letting the girl in me out.
    More pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/165304654@N04/albums

Sometimes...
    I was being cheeky, not serious.
    We are about to fly on vacation and have been dealing with all these restrictions so I thought a bit of levity was in order...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Wilder View Post
    I don't want to sound paranoid or to start a conspiracy theory but zip ties are extremely easy to open and retie without cutting them off.

Hugs... Karen
    By law if a checked bag is opened they must leave notice. This is useally left in the bag but have heard of it being attached to the outside.

I fly out of numerous airports. My bag has only been opened at one of them, a tiny airport near my home town. Even so, it’s no big deal. I’ve never flown completely en femme, but I’ve been patted down wearing a bra a few times. I’ve walked shoeless through the metal detector wearing sheer pantyhose many times. Nobody cares.

I?ve checked mine twice and had my bag searched twice. No real issues other than them haphazardly repacking my suitcase.

Michelle, I'm glad that you were able to fly with no issues. Your picture is gorgeous.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".