Thread: Lesson learned the other day...

Lesson learned the other day...

Preface: I wear a bra and panties every day, most days, depending on the shirt I choose, with a subtle pair of breast enhancers. Nobody notices or cares and it is all good.

My ex took me back to court to have my child support adjusted. When I entered the court building there was a security station with a metal detector.
    I emptied my pockets and put everything in the little basket to go through the scanner and walked through the detector. As always, it beeped. This is usually due to the metal shanks in the arches of my boots.

In short, the hooks on my bra are what set the alarm. I didn't realize those things were that sensitive.
    To his credit, the Deputy was a consummate professional. He asked if I was wearing a brace of some sort. I told him yes and he apologetically said he would have to check, ran his hand across my back, nodded and said I was good to go.

No doubt that he knew exactly what was going on but he never indicated anything out of the ordinary.
    Don't know if he told the other deputies or not but there was never a comment or a sideways glance.

So, I guess the takeaways are; sports bras only on court days and, as has been said a thousand times on here, nobody cares.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Wow, that?s a sensitive metal detector. It must go off lots.

And no underwire

Platinum Member
    Glad that worked out.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

big stink in our town where deputy made a lawyer remove her underwire bra because the wire could conceivably be removed and used as a weapon. The lawyer was P.O.!

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I was shot in the leg with some snake charmers (shotshells for pistols) years ago, and I set off every airport metal detector I go through. Guess I didn't get them all out of my thigh! So yes they are sensitive!
    Life is too short to be boring.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyDawn View Post
    -------------------------------------------
    Don't know if he told the other deputies or not but there was never a comment or a sideways glance.

So, I guess the takeaways are; sports bras only on court days and, as has been said a thousand times on here, nobody cares.
    As the posts above, underdressers, and I can attest, sometimes people DO care!

Maybe it's u who doesn't care if you're "caught", Shelby? But, many CD's underdress for good reasons!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Close call glad it worked it ..

ShelbyDawn, I'm glad the court officer was a professional.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    ShelbyDawn,
    I can only say the detector was badly calibrated , how many women do you see go through detectors without their bra's setting them off , I've not seen one security staff ask a woman to remove her bra .

Banned Read only
    Same thing happened to me with TSA. The TSA agent said there was an alarm on my back so they pull me aside for a pat down and proceeded to run his hands across by back. He slides over by bra and says "I can feel something going across your back". I just looked him straight in the eye and said "I am wearing a bra", He then just said "Okay, have a nice day", and that was that.

by: ShelbyDawn;

In short, the hooks on my bra are what set the alarm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozark View Post
    big stink in our town where deputy made a lawyer remove her underwire bra because the wire could conceivably be removed and used as a weapon. The lawyer was P.O.!
    These are both very strange situations. I fly every few months - with an underwire bra. Also, I used to have to go to court for cases for the insurance company that I worked at. I have never set the alarm off at airports or courts. If that is the case, every man with a metal zipper would be setting off the alarms. Something must have definitely been wrong with the calibration or sensitivity.
    Last edited by char GG; 09-23-2019 at 04:16 PM.

It is my understanding that a underwire bra has no actual wire it is plastic. And I believe what I set the alarm off is what is out of the ordinary a man with a strap across his back. There is a more dense area TSA or Deputy need to fine out why the oddity. Don?t give them crap most will be cool about it to you then go to the water cooler 😀

Platinum Member
    Beau, your understanding would be mistaken. Underwire bras may sometimes be made with plastic, but I?ve never owned one that did not have a curved metal band running across the bottom of the cup. A metal band of that size could certainly set off an alarm, and in this person?s case it did.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

To clarify, I wear cowboy boots most days. I believe they have a metal arch support that sets off the detectors(happens pretty much every time). It was when the deputy wanded me he detected the clasp on my bra.

My regular shoes have a metal shank in the sole. At one time, I worked in a building where I had to go through security every day, and more often, if I went out to lunch.

I got to practice my stealth moves every day. I would slide my feet along the floor to avoid the metal detector. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Some day I would come through clear, some days not. Sometimes it would alarm with keys or change in my pocket, sometimes not.

I never did figure out why.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Keep in mind, parts of shoes--most tall heels are made from steel--covered with vinyl. The spiky heels need to be strong--of course.
    I suspect the agent doing the scanning--sees the underwire--and expects to see it on a woman. Mine is metal. Likewise hooks on the back.

Silver Member
    I used to travel full time. Often every couple days. Usually under dressed. Most often no one cares. One flight I was helping an older woman put her bag overhead. The flight attendant put her hand on my back, felt my bra band and freaked out. She took off as she apologized. For the whole flight she was shook up.