It was hard to come up with a title for this thread because I fully realize that indeed, some crossdressers are gay but that certainly isn't the majority of us if we are to believe numerous studies & surveys on the subject. But still, that seems to be the immediate conclusion most people come to when they first learn of a person who crossdresses.

Things are indeed changing in society today and there is a slow but growing acceptance of homosexuality as a legitimate lifestyle. That being said, there is still a seemingly large majority of people who are still in the non-tolerant/non-accepting camp. I wonder if this is why crossdressing is still not even close to an accepted lifestyle in our society?

In a lot of the stories posted here, when a CD finally admits to his wife/SO that he is a crossdresser, in many cases, the first question is, "Are you gay?" In literature, it is usually the same way; crossdressers are portrayed as being gay. We seldom see a movie or read a story where the CD is 100% male except for the clothing he chooses to wear; it's almost always that he wants to be with another man and somehow dressing that way gets him closer to what he really wants.

It seems to me that because there is still a large segment of our population that will not accept homosexuality, they won't accept CDs either because of this false notion. Given that, I'm not sure how we can change those perceptions unless it's just one person at a time. And in many cases, that starts with our spouse or SO.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the subject?

Lacy PJs