Thread: I want that dress !!

Banned Read only

I want that dress !!

I'm now into my third week of painting with my art group , it has gone so well . We have some new members who have immediately accepted me, one in particular , a tall blond lady in her mid thirties has really been lovely , we chat for hours . I was talking to her about one of my projects which is a series of six depicting flowers from my garden to hang in my hallway . I was flipping through images on my camera to show her the rest of the subjects when the picture in my avatar came up ( full story in picture section ) , she took the camera from me saying that is you , you look amazing , I love the dress , I WANT IT ! Luckily she is a size 10 and I'm a size 12 otherwise I would have never heard the last of it .

I then went on to tell her about me taking my daughter out shopping last week to spend the gift vouchers I'd given her for last Xmas , I let it slip that my daughter is 41 so was amazed when she tried to guess my age . I might be old enough to be her father or mother but she still wanted that dress , isn't that lovely .
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-25-2019 at 10:55 AM.

That is a very good experience. Keep her as a friend!
    Hugs, Carole

Banned Read only
    I wouldn't mind having that dress too! You may want to check the label/manufacturer for her. Perhaps she can find it on line/ebay. Nice to read stories of acceptance.

Banned Read only
    Stephanie ,
    The dress is from the Soon range from my local Matalan store , it was in the clearance racks priced at ?11.00 . At one time I would have thought twice about wearing floral print or that shade of green , the price swayed me as did the WOW comment I got from a female shopper in the changing area .

(Sorry there's a glitch in the typing it won't let me type a pound sign ).
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-25-2019 at 11:59 AM.

What a nice experience!
    On another topic, I have shoulder issues also. I swim laps. So I wear mostly long-sleeved dresses and blouses. However, I've had success with wraps and scarves. They can drape across the shoulder. I see that look a lot.
    Your dress is good because of the way it slopes across the outside of shoulders.
    You're great,
    Thanks for sharing your journey.
    Paige

Great dress and great friend. Don't girlfriends share? Maybe you could at least let her try it on "for size".

I happen to love florals myself, but nothing green, with an exception made for Saint Paddy's day outfits.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Read only
    Paige,
    Just to add a little humour to your comment , when I tried it on in the changing area , I was looking in a full length mirror a teenage girl and her mother gave me the WOW and the thumbs up but I didn't realise until I returned to the cubicle that I'd put it on with the two lower straps under my arms not over them , it actually looked OK worn like that .

Arms and shoulders do we worry too much ? I know I did because they looked masculine , I stopped caring when I wore my first strapless dress .

Steffi,
    I feel members have seen my St. Patrick's Day outfit enough , OK it was a bit of fun .
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-25-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Teresa, I can understand why she would want the dress. What a great story.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

It is funny. I have had it happen a few times.

My BFF wanted the dress I wore when I threw this big birthday party for my boyfriend. I said no, I felt a little bad but I had to tell her that she wouldn't look good in it. A skintight sequined dress, You have to be skinny to wear it, as it shows everything.

A good friend wanted this party dress I was wearing. I gave it to her even thou I knew it wouldn't fit her. It was tight on me and I knew I wasn't going to wear it again. When she figured it out she asked if I wanted it back, I said no just donate it.

I had another friend give me a hug and say "ROSS right"? I said yes. She than said I knew it wouldn't fit, you have to be skinny to wear it.

Going from a 12 to a 10 wouldn't be a problem for me. I would cut it down, I do it all the time with dresses I buy off the sale racks.

What a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing. Oh, I can understand why she wants that dress.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Banned Read only
    Jean,
    I have a feeling I may be losing some dresses to my daughter , I have two sequined dresses and she loved them but not skin tight fit , still lovely to wear and a great ones to be seen on the dance floor . I'm very happy being ( UK) size 12 .

I would be too.

For the most part my style is different than my friends. There are a number of reasons, like my BFF. We are about the same size , She has bigger breasts, but I'm thinner. So she wears things that cascades off her breasts , where I wear tighter fitting things so my small breast show.

AS a women you can't wear the same dress everyday. This is the problem with dresses, once I have wore it I can't where it again for a long time. So I'm always looking for new ones, and my favorite ones I save for the right occasion.

Banned Read only
    Jean,
    I fell into that trap , I wore the dress in the picture for an article in a TG news letter , it was a suitable dress to wear for my next social group meeting , the first person I met as I walked in the room asked , " Oh haven't you got another dress ?" I laughed it off at the time but thought after that is the difference between going out with other CDers and going out with a group of women , women very rarely make comments like that to each other .

Last edited by Teresa; 09-27-2019 at 05:38 AM.