Thread: My Transition Update

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My Transition Update

I have mentioned before that I expected to keep a low profile and mind my own business when I transitioned. That has not happened. I repeatedly find myself in high profile situations.

Starting over is not easy but things seem to work out for me. I am not the person I tried to be for most of my life so my new life has little resemblance to the old one. My intention for this thread is simply to update my transition from time to time. This is not a journal, it will just be some of my experiences as I continue my transition.

Last year I volunteered with the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo and served on the ticket services committee. The HLSR is possibly the longest, largest philanthropic activity in the world. Here I am wearing the official Ticket Services uniform.

Rodeo uniform.jpg

This year there will be 35,000 volunteers on 110 committees who will put on the 21 day rodeo. For 83 years the profits go to scholarships and this year we will surpass $500,000,000 since its inception.

Each rodeo season begins with a social. A few days ago Ticket Services had a social for the committee's 2,100 members. I was curious about what kind of reception I would get when I showed up. I was hoping for at least tolerance. When I walked into the huge facility it was not hard to find my team. They were excitedly waving and calling my name. Here are some of the girls on the team.

Rodeo social.jpg

This guy is the Vice Chairman of Ticket Services, the largest of all the committees. He loves my cooking and hangs out with my team as much as he can.

Rodeo social1.jpg

Coming up in a few weeks will be a Ticket Services meeting. I'll update then.
    Last edited by Jeri Ann; 09-27-2019 at 03:09 PM.