Just got back from a funeral (I hate going to those things). This one I had to go to as it was for the Aunt who "created" me (Jennifer). The day after the service, my cousin whom I shared room and clothes with back then had a bit of a surprise for me. Her simple "I have something for you" was followed by her handing me a box. A wedding dress box. I stood there dumb-founded looking at it. Kat wanted to see what it was. I had to tell her (as I have shared very little of my early days with her) about the dress and what led up to it being "my" wedding dress. Julie actually did most of the story telling and while she did "flourish" a few details, Kat was shocked that I had actually had a wedding dress, and wore it, when I was 15.
Kat opened the box before I could and pulled out the dress. It was sooo tiny! Thinking back, I was around 5'6" or so at the time and maybe 20-22" waist/hip/chest (aka a stick). The shock was Julie took us back in the shop (my Aunt was a beautician and had a parlor in her home) and pulled out from behind the door one of the photos her Mom used as a promo image taken from my "wedding" (its a long story - no I wasn't getting married but a wedding had just taken place so it was really more like a bridal portrait) as a sample of the hairstyle she had given me. Kat gasped "You were beautiful!" It was hard to believe really. Seeing that photo and realizing it was me...almost 50 years ago. We didn't bring the dress home as Julie's grand-daughter wants to use it for her wedding. But we did bring back some memories!

so...whats your "I really wore that"?