Thread: Went to an op shop and got followed around by staff member

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Went to an op shop and got followed around by staff member

Yesterday I went to an op shop in my male clothes. I found a couple of cheap wigs, and tried them on in the changing room before buying them. The strange thing is that I was being followed around the store by one of the staff members, which made me feel very uncomfortable. After I had gone out of the change room she immediately went into it, checking that it was in order. I guess it could have looked suspicious taking the wigs into the change room with some male shorts on top of them, maybe she thought I was shoplifting?

When I had waited a few minutes to be served, the same woman entered the checkout to serve me, instead of the one that was serving other customers. She then made snide comments about what I was buying them for, etc, which I laughed off, saying they were for Halloween etc. She replied 'it's a bit early for Halloween'.

It felt like she was stalking me the whole time, and I ended up not buying other stuff as I left more quickly than I would have otherwise done so.
    How would others have responded to being followed around the shop like this?
    Last edited by Elizabeth1980; 09-27-2019 at 07:52 AM.