Thread: Went out to the bar last night

Went out to the bar last night

This is the place where everyone knows me. I don't go there as much as I use to, so it is nice to see all my friends. This is a small town bar, mostly locals, but there are others like tourist, contract workers and such too.

My BFF and I are the only ones dancing, normal. There's these two girls at the bar that appear to be a couple. One of the girls comes over and starts dancing with us, still pretty normal. Another friend joins us, just girls having fun. My other friend leaves and the girl's friend joins us.

The music changes and we take a break. My BFF's boyfriend who was playing pool is ready to leave, she says she wants to dance a little more, so they stay for a bit more. The girl is like "you aren't leaving are you". I say "no I just need to go outside and cool down". She then says "do you know my wife". I'm thinking dam, we have met and I don't remember, this happens to me a lot. No they are new to town and don't know anyone. This is something I can fix, not sure I should get involved, but I already am at this point.

I go out back to cool down, her wife is talking about an upcoming surgery she is going to have on her ACL, and we talk.

Back inside, I don't like to refer or address anyone by their sexual preference. I feel this is personal and rude. I feel in this case I need to do something to help. First I ask if they know the bartender, (who is a close friend of mine)? I tell them this is someone you should know as she is tied into your community. I then pull out my phone. I forgot my glasses, I pull up my FB and an ad for an upcoming event that the center is sponsoring. They are like a drag show? I'm like no, the center, this is a place where you can get help if you need, but better than that, they have all kinds of social events.

I have never done this before, I said "I hope I haven't offended you". They said no. They were asking me about this other bar. I told them a bit about it, but it is loud and hard to hear. They were reluctant to give me their phone number. I didn't tell them that I don't give out my number but was making an exception for them. Before we all left we did exchange numbers. What I normally do is just friend people I meet on FB, I much first meet them face to face, a very strict rule of mine.

Before I left I went and talk to my bartender friend, she said they had been in a couple of times. I told her they are new to town and I told them about the center.

I can tell they are good people and will have no problem fitting in.

I guess I now have two new friends.

Platinum Member
    Nice encounter. Well done.

Hi Jean,
    It seems to me you are so straightforward that the newcomers felt they could trust you, and their innocence makes them good as friends as well. You'll be the mayor soon!
    We are all beautiful...!

Jean, Reading your post it does not surprise me at all. You are a good person and I know you can read people very well.
    Crissy