Thread: Things that Coulda been.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar

Things that Coulda been.

I am sure we all have memories and stories about events that could have happened, related to CDing, in our younger days, but did NOT because of our own fears, missed opportunities or some other factor that interfered with it. How we regret not following through with an opportunity for a great CD experience follows us around for the rest of our lives. In My case, back in the 60's I was about 13 years old, not really into serious CD (although I played around with Lipstick when left alone at home). My mother's Friend's 19 year old daughter, Barb, was complaining that she had to attend some Librarian's seminar meeting that seriously interfered with her plans. She had thought of sending one of HER friends in her place, but she couldn't make it. Even though all she had to do was sign in and sit through the program. My Mother JOKED to them " Well, You could put Marty in a dress and wig and send him" Everybody got a good laugh at that. I was Horrified! (Not really brave enough to even consider something like that) Admittedly, it would make GREAT fantasy material though

I often wondered what it would have been like to have done it. I COULD have spoke up and volunteered ---provided they would PAY me 10 or 20 bucks to do it.(I would have a GOOD excuse then) but didn't think of it at the time, nor did I have the courage. But looking back, it would have been GREAT fun. I could have imagined getting two or three days to practice and get ready with perfect Makeup, clothing etc.---Perhaps it would have even gotten the CDing out of my system. But it wasn't to be. I was wondering if anybody else had some stories of NEARLY having some great CD experience when younger, but MISSING OUT on it.

I found a virtual Makeover program (Mary Kay) and was doing some experiments with it----when I found a 12-13 year old picture of MYSELF-- it INSPIRED this thread. So I did a makeover on it for fun. Hey, I woulda looked great. It makes me regret missing this chance even more
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aspiring Member
    I had an experience when I was about 12 years old. I was helping my mother in the kitchen preparing dinner. She suddenly turns to me and says "you should have been born a girl." At this age I was secretly crossdressing, but I don't think my mother had any idea. I followed her statement with "why would you say that?" She then starting pointing how how thin I was, and how I had nice eyes and skin complexion. I didn't think I really would look good as a girl. I made a remark about how I would make an ugly girl. She then tried to convince me that I would make a good girl. I guess my responses weren't too encouraging so she stopped. In retrospect I wonder how my life would have been different if I agreed with my mom. Would she have offered to help crossdress me into a girl? I sometimes think that my mother would have loved to have her son completely transition to her daughter. However my mother never brought the subject up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    I had an experience when I was about 12 years old. I was helping my mother in the kitchen preparing dinner. She suddenly turns to me and says "you should have been born a girl." At this age I was secretly crossdressing, but I don't think my mother had any idea. I followed her statement with "why would you say that?" She then starting pointing how how thin I was, and how I had nice eyes and skin complexion. I didn't think I really would look good as a girl. I made a remark about how I would make an ugly girl. She then tried to convince me that I would make a good girl. I guess my responses weren't too encouraging so she stopped. In retrospect I wonder how my life would have been different if I agreed with my mom. Would she have offered to help crossdress me into a girl? I sometimes think that my mother would have loved to have her son completely transition to her daughter. However my mother never brought the subject up again.
    Parents know their kids more than you think. She probably noticed subtle things about you as a kid and wanted to show you that she was OK with whoever you are and give you the chance to open up to her. Good parent

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Love the "what coulda" makeover

Banned Read only
    When I had my first apartment with my girlfriend. A couple of her girlfriends friends came over to celebrate.

So it's just me and three girls drinking. They are all bored... One of her friends says she was hoping I could put on a little show for them.. Lots of giggles and girl talk. One of her friends French Braided my at that time shoulder length hair...

I wanted to say "give me a makeover!" so badly, during all this and I still wonder what could have been if I had the guts.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 09-30-2019 at 08:21 PM.

When I was around 11 or 12, I could not decide on a costume for Halloween. My Mom suggested she could dress me up as a girl. I really wanted too but wondered what might happen. I said what would you do about hair. She said she could come up with something. Oh I really wanted too but I said no. I still wonder what my mom would have dressed me up in and how I would have looked back then. Lost opportunity. I think my mom would have liked to see me as a girl, she always said I had pretty curly hair girls would love to have, and I know she had hoped I would have been a girl after my older brother. Will always wonder, she had lovely clothes.

Same thing happened to me about 6th grade Halloween or thereabouts. I wanted to dress as a girl--but lacked the courage--and declined loudly. I was afraid people would guess that I liked it. Or that I would look too good. Or that I would be teased for weeks afterwards. I weighed about 65 pounds at the time.
    Sad, opportunity squandered.
    Last edited by JenniferR771; 09-30-2019 at 01:50 PM. Reason: addition

I don't know how old I was, but I was playing some baseball in the back yard with friends. I came in for a drink of water, and my mom was doing her nails in classic red. On the way back out, I guess that I just stopped and stared at her painting her nails. She looked up at me and said, "Do you want me to paint yours too?" My head was going, "Yes. Yes. Yes." I walked over too her and gave her my hand. She painted one nail and then reality hit me like a ton of bricks. I pulled my hand away and wiped of the nail polish before it even dried. My mom then used some nail polish remover and removed whatever I missed. Then I went out to play ball as if nothing had happened.

I don't know why my mom asked me, but moms always know more than what you think they know. She never asked again, as much as I wished her to ask. I tried hinting that I had "changed my mind", but she never seemed to get the hint.

If only I had said, "Mom. Not now, but I would love to sometime if we can do it in private."
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.