Thread: Not the sunday dinner report ...

Not the sunday dinner report ...

? but pretty close.

I'm at an age where I'm working too many hours, and close friends have moved farther away and are working too many hours.

Yesterday was a 'gathering of the tribe' as one of us was turning 50. I NEEDED to go. I thought maybe I might pull someone aside and 'come out' to them so that my closest friends ? the family I chose ? would know more of the real me and what was going on. BUT ?

This wasn't a party about me, and I was not going to do that if it would in ANYNWAY take attention away from the honoree. And so, the opportunity did not come up and I was disinclined to manufacture one.

However, this morning I sent a detailed message to the birthday person and their spouse ? two of my closest friends. Also, we've been practicing the same faith together for decades, and not wanting to go against any group rule, I won't go into any detail on that.

My wife read the message I was to send, a quick suggestion or two, and SENT.

Minutes later I got a wonderfully supportive reply. Not an 'okay, we love you anyway'. But more of 'We ALWAYS love you, know that this must be hard, and will offer any support you need.' They went on (without my prompting) to affirm that I am on a spiritual journey as much as a physical and emotional one.

Quickly we followed with a phone call. Many more details, many more thoughts of "surprise, kind of, but honestly not shocked" and much more.

Also I asked their advice on whom to come out to next, and whom to hold off on for now. I love my friends, every bit as ever.

Oh, and sunday dinner? Our son came over, his new girlfriend was away, we're all tired and had whatever we could cobble together from the fridge. No new news, just warm family time with this business of living.
    Too much mascara is almost enough.

Contact me on MeWe mewe.com/i/maceyg

Glad your first "outing" went well.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

Wow! Quite a risk. You must have an amazing wife and amazing friends ? so fortunate. Hope all continues to go well, Nancy

Macey, Very nice and good for you! That was a huge step and I’m happy it went so well. I think having your wonderful wife being totally behind you was the key.
    Crissy

Well Macey looks like you have opened a new door. Best wishes.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.