Thread: thankyou little bobby D.....

thankyou little bobby D.....

sorry, ended up a long read....

well i felt i had to share with the group, i volunteer at a LGBT club Q-spot in ocean grove, right next to asbury park.

its quiet and i feel safe there, the jersey shore art center is above us and we occupy the old library of the neptune high school.

in the coarse of my duties i empty garbage and when going to the hopper i walk past bobs workshop, we are cordial and chat about projects he may be working on. sometimes i will see the finished product and many times not. sometimes i wander the halls when giving someone who stops by the club "the tour" of the school, great architecture and history.

a few weeks ago i was invited to to bobbies art show, i took some of his cards and brought them back to the club to leave on top of my desk with other materiel and info i have accumulated, showed some peeps the info, i was of the mind it was Friday night and i would not be attending.
    i asked the Mrs. if she would like to go see it and she said no but i could go as she was going to the beach after work with the girls, huh....kool.

well last Friday i got dressed and went to see my friend at her wigery after a foiled sale to sit with her for a few hours as business is slow. after i went back to the arts center and parked the car.

well i was a little nervous as the center is owned by a religious group and bobbies friends were pulling into the lot and mingled around the building, some preconceived perspective on my part that some had a rough crowd vibe to them. i saw bobbie outside and gave him a pat on the back as i went to walk in, he was talking to some folks and i didn't want to interfere in the conversation.

well he stopped talking and opened his arms and gave me a big squezzy hug like i have not had in a while, he then went on to make introductions to all the folks that were just conversing with him, we then made our way inside and meet with another small group. some excused themselves and i stayed and conversed with with the others until we broke up.

there also was a concert for a local music school from asbury, also pretty kool. so i meandered through the building and checked out his art, i felt comfortable the whole night and later on they had catered the event with hors d?oeuvres and later some light food. i left my purse in my truck and had my keys and cell phone and left them where i planned to sit....i picked a corner furthest from everyone and returned the second time to find some close, after some time my chair was boosted and they pushed another to my spot, they told me it had happened and i told them now i have to warm it up again and they went on to ask how i knew bobby. that was how some similar conversations started and i had a blast even if by myself.

sorry long read, i never thought to take a picture....weird....as it came time to leave i made my "Irish exit" toward the end of the night. swapped back to my male clothes and met the Mrs. in front of the TV. she said my son asked where i had went, she told him to an art show and he said he wished he knew, he might of went, my wife smirked and said maybe next time, so i said maybe next time.

my heart always is heavy with some who write they wish to go out and so few show up where i volunteer and how things like this are going on right under my nose mere steps away, if you made it this far and feel you might want to check something like this out stop by and i can give a personal tour of bobbies art, its on display until Nov. 1
    if you made it this far thanks for reading....

painting
    Attachment 307528 jpeg Attachment 307529

Attachment 307572
    bobbies card

https://www.littlebobbyduncan.com/tour
    Last edited by mykell; 10-03-2019 at 04:41 PM. Reason: got permission
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Never heard of the guy so I looked him up.
    Nice beach mural.

wanted to get permission and saw bobby today, those are tents that peeps put up in the summer months, been in some families for generations,
    they own the art center we a housed in so there is conflict sometimes but the show was really kool....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that