Thread: I'm coming out

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm coming out

Ladies,

Unfortunately for me, 57 years ago my parents mingled an X and Y chromosome to contain the soul of a woman. Fortunately, we are at a time in history, science, social consciousness and I'm at a point in my personal life that I can now decide to begin changing my body to match me.

I'm going to come out to my wife this week. I don't know how that will go. We've been married for almost 22 years. She might leave, she might stay, she might stay for a while and leave later. I don't know. If I'm guessing, she will try to stay if she can. I've worn panties everyday for the last 6 years, so, she is used to that. She has health issues and we have almost no physical relationship anymore.

I don't mean to minimize the impact. She would be sleeping next to someone who is also wearing a nightgown. I love skirts and dresses and I intend to wear them. I will go on hormones and see what changes that brings. I will change my name to Robin. And I may eventually have gender confirmation surgery.

That is a lot to take.

Fortunately, we have options. I'm a retired Army officer, 90% disabled by the VA and am a senior DoD civilian attorney. We've got a house back east where she is from that is year round but we are now using it in the summer. So, she has a place to go where her family is if she can't take this. We won't divorce. I'm not just the breadwinner, but also provide the health insurance, to include two full policies, BCBS and TRICARE and am willing to keep supporting her. She is over 60 and would be uninsurable.

I would not be upset if she decided to find another romantic partner. I'm taking away her romantic partner and she is not a lesbian. I could see her going out, but the physical aspect is not something she is all that interested in and never seemed to be. But of course, that would be none of my business. I've made this choice and she has the right to find the life she wants.

Anyway, this is a huge step. I've made an appointment with a therapist to talk it over with. I do have a 14 YO son that lives with us. He is the kind of kid that began boycotting both Chick Fil A and Hobby Lobby over their positions on LGTBQ issues. He will be shocked but I think he will be accepting.

I don't see any way forward for me other than to come out. All those things the held me back like military service are now gone. I can afford to transition. For my own mental and spiritual health, I need to start becoming Robin.

I thank you for listening. Wish me luck.

Robin
    Last edited by Robin-in-TX; 10-01-2019 at 05:17 AM.
    I'm just trying to find a decent melody
    A song that I can sing in my own company

U2