Thread: Amazing skin???

Amazing skin???

So far, two cis-women have said that I have "amazing skin"! Of course, I don't think it is amazing but...I have noted that it is drier and have increased my use of lotion on my arms and legs! Could this be a result of the HT? Not sure seeking those in the know! Hugs Lana Mae
    Last edited by Nigella; 10-02-2019 at 11:51 AM.
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Aspiring Member
    I think it is common effects of the high level of estradiol - smooth, soft skin. I think it is one reason people think I am 10 years younger than I actually am.

Lana, one of the first things I noticed on starting HRT was how incredibly smooth my skin became in a matter of weeks. At first I thought that perhaps it was just my imagination because soft skin is something I had wanted. Then one day my daughter playfully grabbed my arm and suddenly froze. She commented "Oh my God your skin. It has gotten so soft I can't believe it." It was then that I realized it was not just my imagination.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'm still waiting for this. It seems I've been suffering from a medication allergy that hasn't been fully addressed yet and my skin is splotched with red areas and bumps that just don't belong. I'll let you know if I ever get there, but in the meantime, enjoy whatever compliments you get because you've been paying your dues and earning every bit of positive feedback that comes your way!
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

That's completely true. Our bodies now manage fat in a different way.
    Of course I daily applied moisturizer to my whole body and mange like 4 times a day hand cream.
    Before HRT I ad to drive with gloves because my hands were so slippery, now i can easily grab the wheel.
    The other day and old, 93 years old, that doent know I'm trans, while I was in male mode, grab my hands to get out of his bed and told me, what a soft hands you have David, they feel as women's hands....
    I love the skin on the chest, breast, boot and of course my legs that completely lack of hair.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Before I went on M2F HRT my skin was an oily mess with a lot of blackheads. I had a sharp nasty male smell. Those days are behind me, thank goodness. Now my skin is nice and soft without the excess oil and blackheads, and the odor is gone.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Stephanie58
    I commenced HRT 9 weeks ago and realised my skin was much softer after about 4 weeks.
    I am now noticing some fat redistribution and small pains in one breast.
    As I am 80 next February these changes have started much earlier than I expected - or is it just my imagination!

I have not used HT but I have read about it in my course. Dryness of skin cant b because of HT. Infact HT is given to treat dryness n itching on skin, genitalia and mucosal surfaces. I hope this helps.

Stephanie,
    80? I don't know if I read right, wow!
    Most of the testimonies from transgender women that I'd read report that emotional changes are bigger than physical, so hormones play a big role on our mind. Then it wouldn't wrong to say that is our imagination ut ot necessary delusion but we can see what others can't. Almost all report that tingle, sore, sensitivity, swollen in nopples first. In my case, it was very evident around week 8 that made me feel scaried.
    I'm curious about your report of fat redistributionist, how you notice it?
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Stephanie58
    Devi,
    I think there has been some movement of fat from my stomach to my bottom. As a result my bottom feels bigger and softer, whilst my stomach seems smaller. Also my skin is softer and my arms appear thinner.
    I hesitate to make these assertions without any scientific evidence, they are simply my feelings, although all my life I have had Gynecomastia so perhaps my body has always been a bit more sensitive to the female hormones present in all of us.

It is true that I am nearly 80. I hid the real me from the world for over 65 years never telling a soul until I was outed three years ago. Since then I have been able to dress indoors and attend a rare TG event but am not out in my retirement village. It pains me that, after all these years of hiding I still have to hide (and will probably have to do so until I die) and have found that HRT somewhat lessens my anguish at my situation.

Katya: Interesting!
    Sara: Nice story!
    Sarah: Yes my legs tend to be red and blotchy! Thanks for the compliment!
    Devi: I have not had electrolysis yet so I still shave!
    Johanna: I noticed the acne is slowly going away and the odor is gone!
    Stephanie: I have not noticed any fat redistribution but "oh, yeah" to those breast pains! I have them in both breasts and am at 11 months HT!
    Across: I don't know but my skin is drier and less oily! I may just be weird! LOL
    Devi: I too am interested in the fat redistribution!
    Stephanie: My stomach is smaller but I have lost around 8 pounds! I will have to measure my hips again! They looked wider the other day when I was looking at my shadow but did not think to measure at that time!
    Thanks for all the replies and sharing!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix