Thread: Apple pies went down well !

Banned Read only

Apple pies went down well !

It's really an update of how well my sessions are going with my painting group .

Many members were upset because the new management of the coffee shop in the Art Centre have almost doubled the cost of the coffee and also withdrawn the " top up " option . So it was decided to make our own in the art room . I'd just picked a load of apples off my tree so decided to make some pies for the freezer , then had a second thought and decided to make some smaller ones to take to the class to have with their coffee .

This morning I took a large storage box with the pies to the class , when coffee time came I produced to box and handed them round , the box soon came back empty .

The lovely part was we had more new members today , it made them feel more welcome and even though I'd never met some of them before they all gave me a hug . I must admit I wasn't expecting this level of acceptance in such a short time , I've been attending the class for many years and yet in the last four weeks both the new and old members have become so comfortable with me as Teresa .

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    That sounds like a nice group.

Banned Read only
    Tracii,
    Don't tell me your anyone's for an apple pie !!!

I can't believe the older members have already asked me if I'll be baking my mincepies for the Xmas meeting. A lovely blond girl in her mid-thirties likes the idea of a Xmas outfit , my Xmas dress isn't too bad so maybe .

Banned Spammer
    Oh sure I am a sucker for a really good apple pie LOLOL.
    The Catholic church close by had their summer fair back in June and I took part in the pie eating contest and came in third. Not too bad for my first time according to the other contestants.
    The pies were really good too and won $50.00 for 3rd place.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 10-02-2019 at 02:18 PM.

Teresa, that was so nice of you. You just proved that old expression... one must become a friend to have friends.

Banned Spammer
    So true Amy Lynn sometime all it takes is a small gesture.

Teresa, next time add some brandy then you can all get "pie eyed"!!
    On another note, a lovely gesture and yes a goood way to forge new friendships and reinforce old ones.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Banned Read only
    Bobbi,
    I did sneak a few spoonfuls of a suitable liqueur in the mix along with a sprinkling of cinnamon , one guy said he ate three , he did appear to loosen up with his brush after coffee !! It's also why they asked about my mincepies , they know I experiment with my ingredients .

I almost forgot to add that the blond girls did suggest we get together for a shopping trip and asked if she could borrow one of my sequiened dresses , she's also the one that wanted the green dress in my avatar .
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-02-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Teresa, That's great, I'm glad the class is going so well.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I would have expected no less.

It is a snowball effect.

You'll see, you are going be become more and more popular.

It is what has happened to me, as I said I would not expect anything less for you.

Enjoy, you deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi46 View Post
    Teresa, next time add some brandy then you can all get "pie eyed"!!
    Leave it to Bobbi to say this. Teresa, you were very nice bringing those wonderful apple pies to the group.
    Crissy

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Teresa, I think u should follow up with the blond. She sounds fun!

Just be careful. In my experience? Women tend to think of us as "girlfriends". Even if there's a large difference in our ages. But, if we get interested in them as men, that puts many of them off.

If women become interested in us sexually, they'll let us know!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Around these parts, that's known as "pie diplomacy"
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Teresa, that is lovely. I am so pleased for you. Sounds like fun new friends.

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    Point taken, we did have a conversation about finding new partners as she is a divorcee , she keeps saying I'm sweet ( The little voice in my head keeps reminding me I'm old enough to be her father !). I told her that personally I'm not looking for a new partner but also not ruling it out , she also wants to run an art group so I suggested she concentrates on that , something could easily fall into place through that opening .

Helena ,
    I know you're finding being out as Helena doesn't hold you back from finding new friends , I feel I have more now as Teresa than I did in male mode .

Jean,
    I have a feeling becoming more popular is not pleasing my wife , obviously she is going to feel bad as she rejected me through being TG , she often said I would never find a female partner and if I did she could easily put them off . I haven't rubbed salt in her wounds but also don't hold back by telling what I've been doing , I have no reason to .
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-03-2019 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kelly View Post
    Around these parts, that's known as "pie diplomacy"
    Good work Teresa.

I practice pie diplomacy all the time. It really works.

I take them to all my doctors, dentist, bank, etc. The dentist office called the other day asking when I might be coming in.

This was on March 14, National Pi day.
    Pies.jpg

As an amateur wine maker I practice wine diplomacy. I give out bottles of red or while for birthdays or holidays or just about any reason.
    Crissy

Banned Read only
    Jeri Ann ,
    That's some pie making , they look wonderful !

Crissy ,
    Now this is becoming interesting , I hope the wine will go with Jeri Ann's pie fillings !!

Teresa, Hmmm, I?m thinking maybe a white wine with pie.
    Crissy

Banned Spammer
    Y'all are making me want pie LOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Now this is becoming interesting , I hope the wine will go with Jeri Ann's pie fillings !!
    Take your pick. As I recall there were Apple, Cherry, Peach and Blackberry pies on the table.