Thread: Schrodinger?s passing...

Schrodinger?s passing...

...or passing and not passing at the same time.

Funny little story, but also an object lesson in why you shouldn?t stress about passing so much.

Wife and I work in retail together. Today she was helping a couple of gentlemen when a crossdresser came in. I clocked her from the second she came in. While she wandered our store, my wife was ringing up the step gentlemen. Before my wife finished, the CD left. The guy not buying anything turns to his buddy and says ?hurry up!? And of course the friend wants to know ?Why?? The first guy says ?a hot woman just left and I wanna try to find her!?

The lesson? Passing is all relative, and you should worry more about wearing what makes you happy than worrying about people being able to tell.

Gold Member
    That would be an interesting meeting. I wish I was a fly on the wall for that one.
    Rader

So tell Micki, what gave her away? Or was your CD radar at full alert?
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

The first give-away was the wig. It was actually a really nice, probably really expensive human hair wig, but it didn’t quite “fit” her right. Not the literal fit, but the color seemed a bit off for her complexion, and the style just didn’t quite suit her. The confirmation came when I saw her hips compared to shoulders. But she was actually pretty put together. She probably would have passed to probably half the population. “Guy” voice, but she owned it and it worked for her. She had lots of confidence and that really compensated for any imperfections in her presentation. It’s all about attitude!

Bet he was shocked if he found her and tried to hit on her
    Angie

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    There are tell tale signs but attitude/ confidence win the day even if you don't pass.

It is too bad you didn't see them catch up with her.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

?a hot woman just left and I wanna try to find her!?
    Really? honestly, Men can be such dorks!
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have been guilty of following hot guys out of stores LOLOL.
    Not like I hit on them or anything
    Last edited by Tracii G; 10-03-2019 at 10:35 PM.

When I saw the title of the story as: Schrodinger?s Passing, I thought maybe the person had died and was in a closed casket service with mourners wondering is he in the coffin or not. 🤪
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

I've found a few "hot woman", chatted to most of them, got to marry 2 of them - hope I'm not a dork for that (April Rose)?

Back on subject, passing is all about owning the moment.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Back in the '70s, one of the first CDs I ever saw in public really got my attention. I saw her from behind in a grocery store late at night and there was something different yet appealing about her. At a certain point I thought maybe she was a he but she was so sexy - I followed her and even uttered a few words to her. The way she replied caused me to assume she was not only a guy but also a hooker. At that point I lost interest (but secretly didn't) and went about my own business.

The lesson? There can be something different yet very appealing about a crossdresser. We tend to be sexier than most women sometimes.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Me too Heidi I wonder how many people here will get it. Cat lovers perhaps?

Banned Read only
    Micki,
    Some very basic and true facts .

The wig comment is interesting , I photographed a Shakespear Theatre for many years , while the actors were all amateur some of the producers were professionals . One in particular didn't mince here words , both genders received the same treatment , if a wig was wrong she would shout " Too wiggy !" I learned a great deal from her about wigs , the right ones and how to wear them . Not so much makeup as theatrical makeup is heavier and more obvious as it had to look correct even from the back of the auditorium .

I agree look right for the circumstances and own it with confidence , the voice is secondary to the first visual sighting .

Everyone has imperfections , it's not a perfect World we live in .

I experienced a guy latching onto me in a store , he was with his wife , they walked passed me but he came back to look in the rack next to me but out of the corner of my eye I could see he was more interested in looking me over , his wife eventually came back and took him by his arm and lead him away .

I picked up one of my boyfriends at the grocery store. I was shopping for some last minute items for a Christmas party we were throwing. I was dressed for the party, he lit up when he saw me. I remember thinking, OH NO. Till he came racing toward me, in an instant I knew he just wanted my phone number. Yes I still see him.

I don't worry about passing or not. It doesn't even enter my mind. I have had GG's (that have just met me) ask if I was a girl. I think it is quite rude and will not answer them. It's only happened a few times and not in a long time.

When I stopped wearing wigs a few years ago I was surprised when I would receive a comment on my hair, like they thought the wig I wore was my real hair.

The lady at the wig store and my boyfriend both liked my natural hair, like white. I'm not living with gray hair, so I have a friend color it at her shop.