Thread: I go out dressed as a women, do you think I care what others think?

I go out dressed as a women, do you think I care what others think?

So got into a little bit of an argument with my mother-in-law. my mother-in-law's bipolar and she gets any really bad fits every now and then. So my wife my in-laws most people my life now that I'm on binary and I cross dress they referred to was going on at in drag fine with me.

So my mother-in-law wanted me to attend her sister's birthday which is being held an hour and a half more house which I had no issue with but I told her we couldn't stay the entire time because we have a dog at home and nobody to take him out.

She gave me the song and dance how her nieces are upset with me and my wife and she's tired defending us. meanwhile we've attended almost every holiday and most of her nieces kids birthday despite them living about 45 minutes away but they won't make the drive to our house for Easter.

I close the conversation with, "I go out dressed as a woman and when I'm not I usually have my nails done I wear skinny jeans and wear women's shoes do you really think I care what your nieces think about me?"

Absolute silence....
    Last edited by ChelsiR; 10-03-2019 at 10:48 PM.

I had a friend who lived 20 minutes away, I would visit every 2 weeks, phone him every second day.
    After a year, I stopped doing all the running around and have never seen or spoken to him since - some people are just that way.

Part of me thinks of how much fun it would be to turn up to such a family event in girl mode?
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I had toxic in laws like that and no matter how much you did for them it was never enough.
    My SO got fed up and just quit taking their calls and quit having anything to do with them.
    People like that will just use you over and over so its best to just tell them thats it you are done playing stupid games.

Banned Read only
    ChelsiR,
    Dealing with the title of the thread , I personally believe we should care what others think .

I can see you have the problem with dealing with a bipolar family member , I also have a bioplar family member , on the whole we accept we have to make allowances for him , OK he can be very abusive and very persuasive . I asked my wife what he thought of my situation being her brother , she just replied he's not really bothered because he spends so much time on his own planet !

For the rest of my close family and friends , I have to take into account what they think , OK whatever they do think isn't going to stop me now but caring about their thoughts and dealing with them in a calm rational manner is giving me a better level of acceptance . Outside the family I've never had the attitude of not caring what people thought , we actually never know when we may meet these people again , I like dealing with people I enjoy the interaction and having some fun with them .

My daughter was amazed when I recently took her shopping , I hadn't been to the shopping village for several months but evenso all the SAs I'd met before were really welcoming . She was so relaxed in my company because I'd cared about the people I'd met and they responded in a caring way . I will add it's not all about making a sale , I didn't buy anything in some of the shops but it made no differnce .

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm sorry, Chelsi, but I don't agree with u. If u have a pet, that doesn't mean u can't go out for a few hours.

A responsible pet owner will find someone to watch it. Or, have a safe place inside or outside where the animal will have food, water, and be able to relieve itself if you're gone over nite! If u can't do that, u shouldn't have a pet!

And, finally, rather than your rude response, why not just put the ball in your spouses court? "Sounds like fun, dear. But, what about the dog?"
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Her mom is a control freak and no one stands up to get except me. Even her husband doesnt, he's allowed her to have an affair for the past 20 years. And unfortunately we don't have anyone to watch him and his daycare isn't open on Sundays. And he's been battling GI issues the past 10 weeks and aren't sure if we've finally solved the issue or not. The vets have been perplexed about his issues. We can go for a few hours but not the entire time.

Really distant relatives, three hour round trip, and they have some problems. Just say no.

The dog sounds like a lame excuse. I would just say I don't want to go and not go.

As far as caring what people are think, you should, as should your in-laws. That doesn't mean that you have to put up with them.

There is no excuse for bad behavior. Your are not helping if you are feeding into it. I'd tell them when they get it together call me, other wise have a nice life.

Have your wife pick out a nice card. Send the card and take your wife out to a nice dinner.

I dressed to blend in with the natural GGs in my city. Point to note, they don't dress as co-ordinated as I do. however, I find that I'm accepted.

Banned Read only
    Stevie,
    An easy trap the fall into , don't overthink it !

When I went out with my daughter shopping , I had a plain cotton wrap skirt on , yellow/gold coloured Tshirt with a simliar coloured cardigan and heeled wedges , my daughter said ," I really like your twin set " . I didn't know how to take it because of the old image of twin sets , I must admit that colour combination has brough many comments mostly , " you look summery !"