Thread: What a day

What a day

Hello Ladies,

I know it says "brookes" but I'm Robin. So, earlier this week I told my wife of 22 years that I am transgendered. So, it has been a bit of a rough week. After thinking about it and talking about it for a few days, she finally accepted that it is true. We are not in a position to divorce and there is no reason to, so, I think this will be okay. Even is she moves to our other house, we'll still be okay.

Anyway, so, she wanted to see my style and I showed her two dresses and two skirts that I like on Chadwicks website. I'm pretty conservative. She looked at them and remarked that they were nice. I need clothes, so, she said "why don't you get them." Of course I was all over that.

Next, earlier in the evening, I told her that this hair has to come off my body. I have always hated it, I loath it. She said, okay but not your arms. She thinks that would look odd. Today, for the first time in my life, I shaved everything but my arms. It is exquisitely wonderful, just wonderful.

For any of you that would like to try it but have never had the chance, I hope you get it.
    I'm just trying to find a decent melody
    A song that I can sing in my own company

U2

Yeah it’s pretty mind blowing the first few times. A lot to unpack in this post, but generally, congrats! But I’ll give you the standard warning: take it slow.

Oh and as one with naturally hairless arms, you can tell your wife it looks just fine

I use electric hair clipper on arms to leave light layer but remove male forest.

I think if everyman shaved there legs (body) over half would keep it shaved it feels soo good. Good luck in your journey

I told my ex about 25 years ago, and after the initial shock wore off, and we talked a bit about it, she asked me what I would like to do about it just then. Like you, my first priority was to shave fully. I had tried just a small part of my legs once, many years before, and remembered that it had been such an exquisite feeling. Like you too, I had always disliked my body hair intensely, but luckily was never too hairy anyway.
    Once I had done that, there was no turning back, and I have got thru a billion razor blades since then! My current wife actually likes to help me shave the bits I cannot reach, and is a little miffed cos it doesn't grow so fast

Good luck on your journey, but as Micki says, slowly does it

Banned Read only
    Robin,
    I've said this more than once but some men don't have hair on their arms or other parts of the body , OK I have also seen women with very hairy arms and legs . No one in both circumstances questions their gender , why is it so aweful to want to loose this hair ?

Body hair doesn't really serve any purpose as we wear clothes to keep warm and cover up . Sometime ago Pamela made the statement we have less odour , she was so right , I sweat far less without hair and when I do there is very little odour , it's still a good excuse to use female deodorant .

Is hairy arms a thing now? I don't personally get the attraction to hairy poeple. Congratulations on all of that. Now the fun begins of keeping the hair off if you desire. The 2 or 3 times shaving a week. And all that extra time. I have found the next day to have the most sensitivity in my bare legs after shaving the hair off .

Banned Read only
    Jennifer,
    I accept face, arms , chest and legs everyday , I admit I'm more lazy with my back , it takes me about twenty minutes longer . I feel it's a small price to pay to be free out in the RW full time .

Tell you wife to check out men's arms. There are a lot of men that manscape these days. I have noticed a lot of men with shaved arms and legs, and many of those were quite masculine men. I have been shaving my arms for years, and no one has ever commented. If you notice one - point it out to your wife, and maybe she will say, oh just go ahead. My wife did not like me hairy. She suggested the legs, because the hair made her itch in bed. Didn't have to tell me twice. BTW- This was all before she knew about this side of me. Eventually the shaving moved north, until the only hair left was on my head. I have used a combination of shaving, epilating, and home laser.

When you say transgendered do you mean you want to have reassignment surgery? Anymore it seems like there are varying degrees of this word. I'm a crossdresser but I've never considered myself transgendered.

YOULOVEMYTOES Palaina Nocturnus's Avatar
    Hello Robin, I hope your journey has progressed in a happy positive way!

I've been up front with all my partners about me being a CD. My girlfriend said she had never dated a CD before, let alone a man that shaved everything. She says she loves it cuz she can feel my skin against hers.

My exwife was the one that encouraged my dressing up but would reprimand me for it after. I know, she was a special kind of abuser. Anyways, she did the same thing about me shaving my arm and facial hair. Cuz of her I'll still only use a trimmer on my arms and torso but razor everything else.

Everyone is right, once you shave you never go back to being hairy
    Live, laugh, love!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Congrats, Robin! For finally being able to be u! Some of us T's start quite late in life. I thot I wanted to be female in my 50's. But, it turns out I'm quite happy to just be a crossdresser!

However, u can keep that shaving nonsense! I find it a chore to just shave my face a few times a week.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi Joyce,

I think I will have it but can't be sure until I'm there. I've known since the womb that I was in the wrong body.

Robin
    I'm just trying to find a decent melody
    A song that I can sing in my own company

U2