I had forgotten how awesome!

After my ex and I had kids I slept in panties and a t-shirt. Since I've lived alone it's been pretty much the same, except I've traded the t-shirt for women's nightshirts. Nothing fancy, nothing to get excited about, and nothing that I'd call mood-inspiring. Just something to sleep in. Over the weekend I was given a rather elegant nightgown and robe. Wore it for the first time last night. All I can say is, "What the hell have I been thinking!!" From now on this is the way I'll end my day, and I should have been doing it all along.

Thing is, this used to be part of my routine. Actually our routine, for the first 10 years we were married (when kids came along). It was kind of a standard gift for every occasion for both of us. We got other things, too, but there was always something elegant or sexy to sleep in. Nightgowns, sleep dresses, chemises, you name it, we had it. There's a lot on this board about "not in the bedroom". Well, for us, it was especially in the bedroom! Seemed like the perfect time to indulge to my heart's content. Private, intimate, time to prepare, and no chance of discovery. I almost never slept in makeup, but I'd frequently do a little something to my hair with a curling iron and wear my big hoops or drop earrings, and polish my nails on the weekends. There was, of course, the woman-to-woman thing that everybody seems so aware of and sensitive to now. Being more aware and informed now (and divorced!!), I realize this was a problem, but at the time I just thought it was all hot as hell, and I though she did, too. Truthfully, I was into it enough that she would have had to hit me with a hammer to make me realize she wasn't into it as much as I was, and it probably would have taken more than that to get me to stop. Well, having kids did it.

So, now 10+ years into living alone and until now I didn't own a single nightgown! Sleep shirts, even silky sleep shirts, but no nightgowns and no sexy nighttime lingerie. That changes now! I get on these minor obsessions occasionally. It's been a while since I've been on one, but I think I've got one identified now!