Thread: The Joy of Staying In - The Bedroom

The Joy of Staying In - The Bedroom

I had forgotten how awesome!

After my ex and I had kids I slept in panties and a t-shirt. Since I've lived alone it's been pretty much the same, except I've traded the t-shirt for women's nightshirts. Nothing fancy, nothing to get excited about, and nothing that I'd call mood-inspiring. Just something to sleep in. Over the weekend I was given a rather elegant nightgown and robe. Wore it for the first time last night. All I can say is, "What the hell have I been thinking!!" From now on this is the way I'll end my day, and I should have been doing it all along.

Thing is, this used to be part of my routine. Actually our routine, for the first 10 years we were married (when kids came along). It was kind of a standard gift for every occasion for both of us. We got other things, too, but there was always something elegant or sexy to sleep in. Nightgowns, sleep dresses, chemises, you name it, we had it. There's a lot on this board about "not in the bedroom". Well, for us, it was especially in the bedroom! Seemed like the perfect time to indulge to my heart's content. Private, intimate, time to prepare, and no chance of discovery. I almost never slept in makeup, but I'd frequently do a little something to my hair with a curling iron and wear my big hoops or drop earrings, and polish my nails on the weekends. There was, of course, the woman-to-woman thing that everybody seems so aware of and sensitive to now. Being more aware and informed now (and divorced!!), I realize this was a problem, but at the time I just thought it was all hot as hell, and I though she did, too. Truthfully, I was into it enough that she would have had to hit me with a hammer to make me realize she wasn't into it as much as I was, and it probably would have taken more than that to get me to stop. Well, having kids did it.

So, now 10+ years into living alone and until now I didn't own a single nightgown! Sleep shirts, even silky sleep shirts, but no nightgowns and no sexy nighttime lingerie. That changes now! I get on these minor obsessions occasionally. It's been a while since I've been on one, but I think I've got one identified now!

Now you just have to find some sexy negligees - seems they are a rare item in my area. All I can find in the stores are drab, cotton night gowns, or cotton pajamas. I've been looking for some floor length, low-cut, spaghetti strap nylon nightgowns for ages!
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

I love my long, floor almost length nylon grounds, they feel so wonderful on my shaved legs at night epically with a nice pair of nylon panties. baby doll grounds are too short for my liking.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

I sleep in least knee length and most nights longer night gowns also.Don't care for the shorter stuff that's above the waist 10 minutes after going to bed.Like Shely I love the feel of a long night gown around my legs.Don't sleep well without them.Been wearing them to bed for years
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

Banned Read only
    Funny you mentioned the "not in the bedroom" line that often gets drawn.

I Never had such restrictions maybe because I started it all in the bedroom and expanded from there. For the first 10 years or so of me being "just a crossdresser" our Valentine's day was always an exchange of chocolates and lingerie. Then we would both put on our new sexy lingerie and eat chocolates in bed between the other bedroom activities.

It's sometimes interesting to hear how we "break the ice" on stuff like this. I was already crossdressing in public and private and had been since I was a teenager, and she knew it. No secrets. I had not done so in the bedroom, unless you count panties and a t-shirt.

My first nightgown was one that was left in the dryer at our apartment. I hung it there for the few hours it took to do our laundry, then I took it home and asked my wife if I could keep it. She said I could, and the whole nighttime lingerie thing was off and running. Since I've been living by myself there seemed to be no point to dressing elegantly or sexy for bed. It's good to keep in mind that there doesn't have to be a point. It's OK for it to me "just 'cause". If there happens to be a point to it, so much the better!

Yes, Roberta!! Those were the days!!

You never said who gave you the " Over the weekend I was given a rather elegant nightgown and robe"

Julie

Like Julie, I was wondering the same thing.
    Crissy

Rhonda Jean, I'm in the who gave you the nightgown camp as well.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

As to who... A male friend. I'm not trying to be coy. Discussions on "that" topic seem to always go sideways on the forum. I'll discuss via PM, if anybody is interested.

Weather is finally turning cool here, which just makes this whole nightgown thing that much better. Can't wait till it's cool enough for a fire in the fireplace! I know this is sounding like a pantie thread, but this really is one of those simple pleasures that should not be missed. This is kind of cding 101. For those of us who graduated a long time ago, it's easy to forget the simple things.

Thanks for posting this. As you mentioned, the weather is beginning to turn cooler here where I live in New England. I sleep better in a cool room with a window cracked open and warm bed under the covers. With that in mind along with needing to fill out an order on Amazon to qualify for free shipping, I will be treating myself to some much needed winter sleepwear, possibly a flannel nightie or a set of good old boring, but comfortable flannel pj's.
    Two Spirits

Banned Read only
    I have several floor length nylon gowns from years past. I currently sleep in a floor length solid white gown which has spaghetti straps and a white nylon panty. I also have a vivid red Vanity Fair floor length gown. And, another in eggplant. It would be great if manufacturers could induce women to wear sexy/alluring nightgowns again. Otherwise, peruse the offerings on ebay or other similar sites.