Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally the truth comes out!

Thank you, Jenny. It's been a terrible struggle. Prayers and good wishes will help!
    Veronica

Love who you are! You are uniquely you!!

You stated yours on the verge of losing your business and being homeless.

Although not exactly the same, identical situation, about a year ago I was in dire need to make a move, and changes.

I'm not going to lie, and say it's all been easy, fun and a bed of roses. But at 61 at the time, in a small rural Southern town without a lot of economic opportunities? My prospects were very limited to low paying ($9 to $10 per hour) no paying dead 💀 end jobs going no where fast.

I had thought about getting my CDL's and driving a truck over the road. Soooooo, out of desperation I took the plunge and just got on the damned bus 🚌

There are not a lot of companies that offer CDL training? But there are more than just a few.

The one I went with paid for my bus 🚌 ticket to get there. Put me up in a decent but nice hotel that they own. Had a cafeteria at the same location. Gave me a meal ticket 🎫, and fed me three times a day. Nothing fancy, but adequate.

The training is broken down into two ✌️ parts. Two weeks with a trainer BEFORE you get your license; and your driving with a permit. And then after you test 💯 out and get your license.

The first two weeks they'll advance you $200 a week for food 🍕 on the road. After you get your license you'll get $700 a week until you complete your training. ($200 per week is an advance you have to pay back at $25 per week)

I could go into more detail. But if your interested PM me for more information.

In closing, I will add the company doesn't care about your gender identity. There were three trans women when I was there. Part of the companies nondiscrimination policy states they don't discriminate based on sexual or gender identity.

It got included when another driver made some remarks to one of the trans women I mentioned. She spoke to the owner, and the other driver got fired.

Silver Member
    Veronica, You'll get a ton of both from me. We can talk, if you wish. Venting might be helpful.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Dana, I'm glad to hear of your success.
    But, must admit I'm clueless as to what u do. What is "CDL training" anyway?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

doc; from the interwebs;
    All drivers of Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMV's) are required to obtain a Commercial Driver License (CDL). In order to get a CDL, you must first take and pass required knowledge and skills test. The CDL Test consists of a general test, one or more endorsement tests, and an air brakes test.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Banned Read only
    Emily, if you're out there, I hope you'll let us know how you're doing. No posts in nearly a week? If you were feeling "on the verge of doing something stupid," people here are going to be worried about you. We'd like to be reassured that you didn't! It's a painful situation, so I hope you're finding help and support somewhere, wherever you are. Good luck!
    Last edited by Marianne S; 10-11-2019 at 06:35 PM.