Hi all,

New member been lurking for a few years and dressing for a lot longer. But as I look around it seems that the onus is on passing or being a complete woman. I have no desire to pass, no desire to look completely like a woman, I enjoy the clothes and the feelings they bring out in me, but do not find it something that I have to have daily. I underdress when I feel like it and have for years. I am comfortable with myself, but occasionally the doubts surface. When I go looking for others like me to seek support, it seems like crossdressing is not just dressing anymore it is fully dressing and trying to pass. I have a female account name, because even lurking I felt pressured by the community (Internet forums at large not just here) to take a female name, as if that would make me whole. I own a cheaper wig, and have worn, it tried painting nails and some light makeup, just to see, but it never did anything for me.

Why is passing or looking as completely like a woman so important?
When did just enjoying the clothing go out of style or at least seem to fall by the community wayside?
Why does it seem like the crossdressing community (the internet forums at large) is only about passing or transitioning?

Just looking for some others thoughts on this.
Stephy