Thread: whow much have you

Thumbs down whow much have you

I am 67 ys old an I have lost a lot being a cd took to get me back to be not caring about me an being me if I wont to

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Same age as you and I have lost a few friends over CDing and coming out as transgender.
    I never let any of that get me down really if they have a problem with me then thats their problem.

I lost absolutely everything when I left my wife of thirty years. I left her everything when she asked me to move out. All I had was my tools and clothes, the tools and most of my clothes were already in a storage unit. I was homeless for a couple days till I found a room to rent. I didn't have enough money for a motel.

That was five years ago, when the quest began. I know everyone thinks I'm crazy, at the time I wasn't planning on being around for long.

A funny thing happened, to fund my quest I took a second job. I started making new friends and reconnecting with old ones. I didn't know what I was doing, I was just looking for answers, as I say going in all directions at once. I built a new life as Jean. That is what saved me.

I will be 64 in January, I still don't have any money but what I do have you is priceless.

YOULOVEMYTOES Palaina Nocturnus's Avatar
    I'm sorry to hear you've had to lose anything due to how you feel on the inside. I'm lucky and the most I've lost is clothes due to wear and tear or not needing or liking them anymore.
    Live, laugh, love!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Too much. WAY too much!

I hardly ever throw anything away!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Lori,
    I'm not sure if age is a factor or not , we can fear losing everything at any age , it's part of the CDing /TG deal .

I guess I'm lucky by losing very little in fact the gains are far higher than the losses , when I separated my family feared I would become a lonely old man , it shows how little they really knew me . Perhaps the were hoping as some sort of punishment , I'm wondering now who has lost the most in my situation ?

Instead of asking how much we've lost or who's lost the most - some are no longer with us - we should look at what we've gained by acknowledging who we are and what makes us happy. Despite being very closeted, in the last few months I've gained 6 supportive friends, 1 friend who dresses, 1 family member and 1 family-by-choice who came out as trans, and learned just how supportive and caring my lady is. While we may lose some things, there are many opportunities to be gained by accepting ourselves.

Sometimes when we lose something, we realize we’re better off without it. I’ve lost friends because of my pierced ears. Nobody needs those kinds of friends.