My entire life, my feminine clothing and shoes have been either bought online, or on the occasions its been bought in person its always been "for my wife" or girlfriend. That was okay for a few things here and there, but am at the age now where I'm sick and tired of having to buy five things and only having one fit - particularly now that I've taken an interest in skirts, dresses, and tops.

While I see plenty of commentary about shopping (the sales folks don't care) the majority of the time its by folks already going out dressed but for me its a little different - I never leave the house dressed (perhaps underdressed) and in no way, shape, or form could I be considered even the remotest bit feminine. (Think bearded, furry, stocky, and a voice deeper than the Grand Canyon- basically a taller version of Gimli from Lord of the Rings) I am 100% comfortable in that, given that I completely see myself as a man, just one that happens to enjoy wearing feminine clothing part of the time.

So to the guys who keep it to themselves, what's been your experiences shopping? I'd imagine its one thing at department stores like Marshalls or Target, where I can load what I want into a basket/shopping bag, bring it back to the mens changing rooms and try on what I want back there - but if I shop at female specific places like Ann Taylor where there are no places for men, it would be somewhat uncomfortable? And while I've heard bra fittings at VS or Soma isn't an issue, is that true for people who go in there presenting as a woman or for even a guy like me who... er, certainly wouldn't be?