Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I love dressing but, don't like PANTIES!

I love dressing but, don't like PANTIES!

Like a lot of us here we don't know why we LOVE to dress.
    I love to dress as FEM as much as posable but what's under the dress is only for shaping.
    When I was in my teens I had a lot of lingerie and panties but now I have no lingerie or panties, just a lot of dresses, wigs and all in ones to hold forms

What is it like for you?
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 10-12-2019 at 05:56 AM. Reason: TYPO
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I own panties, lots of them, and have absolutely no interest in going back to men's underwear.

Ah-May-Lee
    I never liked panties. I know this will get me some booos, but I thought they were somewhat silly and impracticable.

I wear leggings, also leggings cut down to shorts. Sometimes I cut a pair of opaque tights into shorts to wear under jeans. Or if I wear a dress just a pair of black tights underneath.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Banned Read only
    I always wear panties, specially under my shapewear. That way I can wear the shapewear more than once between washings.

Panties are such a fundamental female thing I cannot believe any of us does not wear them. Even if they are white cotton they are still panties, that said I do love the nylon and microfiber ones. Any panties are better then no panties!
    Crissy

Banned Read only
    What an interesting post, Judy! It only goes to show how we're all different in so many ways--in spite of many (often mistaken) assumptions about how we're "all the same."

If we want to "dress feminine," no matter what our reasons for doing so, then panties seem so quintessentially feminine for more reasons than one. The bra comes close, of course. Only women wear bras, so bras too are exclusively feminine. When it comes to outer clothing, silks, satins, lace, skirts and dresses have never been reserved exclusively to women; not in previous centuries at least. Most men wore "robes" until recent centuries, even if the Romans called them "togas." Manly Greek soldiers wore "skirts" in classical times, and Scotsmen still wear them today, though they'd be insulted if we called them that instead of by their proper name, "kilts." But panties: not only are they the essence of femininity: silky, lacy, delicate--but their erotic assocation with the most intimate part of the female body places them at the top of the list for most crossdressers. Especially--but by no means limited to!--those for whom fetishism reigns supreme. Panties seem like the sine qua non of feminine crossdressing.

So to me at any rate, it's interesting to hear from a CD to whom panties don't mean much! I'm wondering how this works. For me, it ties in with the MIAD concept--something I've been trying to understand, because it "doesn't seem to fit" with so many of our (all right, read "my") assumptions about why we love to crossdress.

All I can say is that sometimes it's the outward appearance of femininity that seems more important to some. And the inside doesn't matter. I'm not pretending this is the same thing, but it's like asking what a Scotsman wears under his kilt! Is it Jockey shorts, or boxers? I'm sure he feels just as much a man in spite of wearing a "skirt," with a weapon--a dirk--at his belt. Could he be one example of a MIAD?

Again, I'm not saying that's the same thing as what anyone else feels about the delight of wearing "flowing" clothing--whether we see it as "feminine" or not.

Yet I have to add from personal experience that often it is the outward appearance of femininity that first attracts us. Lots of people here say they started off by getting into panties and bras, and that's what first attracted them. But it isn't true for everybody, and it wasn't true for me either. My first truly "crossdressing" experience was the urge to put on my mother's skirt, when I was about thirteen or so. That really got me turned on.

Mind you, that soon led to other things, and it wasn't long before I was into all her other clothes. Blouses and bras, dresses, slips, girdle and nylons... and of course, the supremely delicious experience of her panties! I wanted the "whole thing." And today, while I enjoy wearing a skirt around the house, it doesn't seem complete without panties underneath.

Just the same, I have to admit external appearance is important to me--wearing a skirt or dress for instance--I don't go around for any length of time in just bra and panties--so I do see your point that a dress alone can be just enough for some, even without panties underneath. To each their own!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Yea, Judy! Finally a pantie thread I'll comment in!

I don't get the thrill from women's panties, unless u wear skimpy, sexy ones like thongs! No one but u knows you're wearing them. If u DO wear sexy ones they'll go nuclear on u. (Fall out!)
    If u wear full coverage, granny style, u mite as well wear tidy whities!

The only reason I wear them is to hold my tuck. And, I could care less what color, cut, or shabby condition they're in. As long as they do their job!
    I have a number of dressing fetishes. But, panties ain't one of them!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Mainly to hold a tuck and not for some made up "it makes me feel feminine" reason.
    They are just underwear to me and not something magical that will transform me into a woman.

If I'm wearing a lose skirt in summer, I tend to go commando.
    Panties really if I need "tucking" or if my skirt is tight.
    I no longer find them sexy, just functional.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Judy, I have lots of wigs, dresses and foundation garments. But I have even more panties which I wear everyday.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member
    I do not wear lipstick or dresses, I do wear skirt at home only, I do not go out dress as a Woman because I am not, however I do wear Women's underwear mainly Panties and I love doing it. I mostly own Panties and my collection it getting bigger and bigger, in general I love wearing Lingerie under my Clothes, I wear Brassiere under my Shirt these Days.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Mainly to hold a tuck and not for some made up "it makes me feel feminine" reason.
    They are just underwear to me and not something magical that will transform me into a woman.
    Oh Tracii, I feel for many of us here it is a very important part of our everyday life. I have not seen any posts where someone said that it was magical enough to transform them into womanhood.
    Crissy

Aspiring Member
    Finally a pantie thread I feel I can comment on. I am not a pantie freak despite owning rather a lot. I have a lot of very plain ones - no lace or pattern - not even a lace trim on the elastic. I find the more comfortable than male underwear - there might be something about the shape of my undercarriage that makes me look better in a dress than trousers that translates into the cut of panties. I find lace ones uncomfortable and avoid them but generally I would say the fabric and the cut of big panties is good for comfort. Someone said that modern male underwear is becoming less clunky. It must be 20 years since I have even looked at male underwear so might check it out then next time I am in the city. I have about five pairs of male briefs that I wear in certain situations but probably in panties all day every day 350 days a year.

I have boy shorty panties that I treat as male underwire, even putting them in the same drawer. They are great, and I don?t have to worry about them being seen or doctor trips. I usually tuck when wearing them.

Having said that, I do enjoy panties, even thongs IF they can allow me to tuck without taping.
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.

I love panties and I also wear reqular mens white cotton underware. Just depends on the day and what I may be doing. Does that make me bi-ware? Since both work for me.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I wear panties whenever I do dress up because I want the full fem experience when I do dress up. Basically, whenever it's time to dress up, all the male stuff comes off including undergarments and get replaced with female undergarments. Even if I'm going into a day where I could potentially dress up, I'll wear them for the day... but by the end of the day, I'll switch back. It's probably partly why I don't underdress as often as I used to, and even then it was mostly weekends only.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I don?t feel completely dressed without my panties on. I?ve gone to more practical ones. Cotton and microfiber but the men?s
    undies are gone for good

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Truly this is a good example of the diversity on the CD world. We are not a one size fits all group, which is probably a very good thing. I do wonder how much effect the first female item we put on influenced the way we look at how we dress today? How I am today is directly related to my beginnings, which was panties and then lingerie, etc. I guess the most important thing is that we are getting enjoyment from what we are doing.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Ah-May-Lee
    What you say Gillian is correct in my situation.

I didn't start out with women's underwear like some did. I started out with the make up first. I wore a tshirt and tight jeans and sneakers but I had my face done with make up the first time I went out. So today it is the make up that comes first for me. It is what I enjoy most.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Platinum Member
    I think my wife's view of panties is akin to many on this thread; functionality. She only has Hane's cotton white briefs. A long time ago when I was looking for a floor length full slip to go under a dress a sales associate told me women view undergarments as something not to be seen. I found that somewhat interesting and in conflict with my wife's choices of undergarments at THAT time, not now. Colorful bras and panties and colorful slips. Sort of the packaging at Christmas time. Pretty wrapping paper to get at the gift inside? Seduction of the male? I cannot image a pair of ratty panties and a well worn beige bra is going to have the same effect as a pretty panty and bra set.

Perhaps is comes down to the woman I would want to be. In the animal world plumage has a lot to do with attracting a mate. One of the complaints women had in the old communist nations of the past was the bland functional clothing. Shed the communist ideology and they have run amok with bright plumage. Due to male body type I find some styles uncomfortable and lacking functionality, but, that does not preclude seeking out colorful panties to wear under my dress.

I own bras and panties. Do I like them? NO. I wear them when I am going out dressed (even for 5 minutes) so they give me the shape of a woman (bra) if anyone sees me, it will make them question what exactly they saw. If I am dressing a round the house, I usually do the bra but never the panties. A lot of the time the bra is a no go also. I just don't see the need to wear them.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I agree with you completely Judy. No lingerie/panty obsession here. They’re purely practical for me as well. I dress to be seen and, well, if I’m doing it right, no one sees my panties. I do still own several pairs, but that’s just because male underwear isn’t usually as seamless/lineless as I need it to be for some of my looks.

For me pantie are more of a necessity then a want. Boy underwear always seams to still give a buldge makeing it harder to look fem in a skirt. And boxers are no under skirts. So i wear panties.

Life would be damn drafty without panties especially on those days when one has no need for tights!.
    Lingerie is for me a normal part of my life without it is there not a part of feminity gone walkabout?
    Do GG forsake underwear no? because it is a necessary part of life. If we for the lost part were not CD would we not be wearing underwear? yes of course we would so why when we dress and epitomise a woman why then should we consider that womens lingerie is not needed at all because it cannot be seen or for whatever other reason.
    Lingerie is a very neededy part of my wardrobe one without the other seems out of place for me.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Silver Member
    I no longer own any men's underwear. I find panties are less bulky than any men's brief I have owned. The outward appearance is not an issue because they don't show through anything. But I do know panties feel better next to my skin, so they make me feel more girly on the inside.