Thread: End of another week

End of another week

My wife will be returning home tomorrow from a week with her sister. My femme self will go back in the closet along with all her clothes, etc. The week has been decent from the CD point of view. It was topped off today by a trip to a nearby university which carries all the Metropolitan Opera live simulcast video presentations. Today was Turandot, and it was a great excuse to dress up and see a wonderful show.

I started to get ready about 10 AM. There were some hurdles. I wore black shoes, black tights, a below-the-knee skirt black with dark pink 1 in blocking, a lovely lacey bra, forms, my new hip/butt enhancers, a rose pink long sleeve top, dangly silver earrings with a pale blue stone, rose/dark pink nails, silver necklace and bracelet, gray wig and dark pink/red lipstick. Topped off by a smallish black leather purse and a black quilted jacket against the chill fall air.

The first problem was my across the street neighbor. She's a lovely elderly lady who keeps tabs on everything/everybody in the neighborhood. She had been raking her front yard, but by the time I was ready to depart, she had disappeared from sight. I sat down to read for a few minutes, then looked her way again. Her car was gone meaning she was also. That meant I could depart without worrying she would pop out of her house and want to chat. It also meant that I could go into town and look for a parking place. Not so easy today because it was a major event weekend at the university with many extra cars around. Eventually I found one, parked, did a final makeup check and fix in the car mirror, then departed for the university.

I had time to kill and decided to go to the new art museum on campus. It was my first visit and it is a terrific place. Then, on to the opera. Not too crowded, but there was some necessary close face exposure to ticket takers and other staff. The entire opera production was about 4 hr. All that time and no need for the ladies room. When it ended I noticed something on the floor near my seat. Someone who had been sitting 2 seats away had dropped her purse and apparently dumped a pile of credit cards on the floor. She'd picked up all but one, but then departed at an intermission and did not reappear.

I'm a good citizen, but also try to avoid face-to-face communication while fully dressed. What to do? Well, I decided to do the right thing and turned the card in, face to face, to the ticket booth folks, assuming the woman who spilled her purse will return to ask about lost and found objects. Now, my face was a foot away from the seated young lady to whom I gave the card. I did not die of embarrassment, nor did she scream in horror. When all was said and done, the interaction was quick and complete, and she thanked me for turning in the card. I have no idea whether she thought I was a helpful 70 yr old woman or a man in a skirt. I did it, my pulse wasn't racing and I am happy. Tomorrow is another day.

Good night.
    Mary

Mary, It sounds like you had an absolutely wonderful day! Nice on turning the card in, sometimes we just have to put on our big girl panties. Two thumbs up all around!
    Crissy

Mary,

What a lovely time you had. It's just wonderful to be out and about.

As for face to face encounters, they're something you'll quickly become comfortable with. I find chatting with SA's etc. to be an enjoyable part of going out. It's what folks do in their day to day lives. Embrace it.

Banned Read only
    Mary,
    I'm glad you enjoyed your period to be free as Mary , you spent your time wisely and had a great time . Ducking and diving round neighbours well in your case nothing you can do about it . I sorted it soon after I moved into my new home , I had to nip the the tittle-tattle in the bud !

Face to face at close range does take some getting use to , as I've said before men try not to give you eye contact but women tend to give you more . I found this a little daunting at first but discovered they may not be thinking so much about your gender but how well you've done your makeup . If a woman doesn't wear any they tend to be OK with it but do like to check you out if you're wearing it .

I had a panic attack in a supermarket , I was just placing my items on the conveyor and went to take my credit card out of my pocket but it wasn't there !! Luckily the girl at the check out had received a message on her earpiece and quickly asked for my ID, at which another SA appeared with my card . Instead of slipping it in my pocket it had fallen on the floor and a kind shopper had handed it in , Mary you are a gem , I hope the person that dropped it appreciates your honesty . Yes I was dressed as Teresa .
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-13-2019 at 06:58 AM.

Teresa makes a good point about eye contact. From the outset, my very first shopping trip, I made the conscious choice to make eye contact. It's a great way of breaking down barriers as long as you don't stare like a boxer looking into their opponents eyes. Subtle facial and body language can signal firstly that you're in control of your space, comfortable with yourself while at the same time signalling that you want to be friendly and engaging.

Showing that you're self confident, not ashamed or uncomfortable in being you will work wonders in your favour. I find it brings out the best in others.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Good for you Mary. I wish I had the courage to go to a museum or concert enfemme

Well done in all respects Mary.

Karen

Mary, Sorry your week ended. I'm glad you got out to the opera and were a good Samaritan.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I would love to have an opportunity to be alone for a week. I'm glad you had a marvelous experience.

YOULOVEMYTOES Palaina Nocturnus's Avatar
    Hello Mary,

I'm glad you had the opportunity to let the kitty out of the bag lol I'm hoping I'll get something close to that when my girlfriend goes to the east coast in November but I won't have the house to myself for a while.....sigh.....
    Live, laugh, love!