Thread: So close to almost spilling the beans

So close to almost spilling the beans

My mother-in laws sister has been here for 3 months, she lives in another country but left here when she got married years ago and had some rental properties here. She came to sell them and settle some finances because she said she getting older and doesn't want her family fighting when she's gone. She is a great women, and has a great attitude on life and we hit it off the first day we meet years ago. She slept at our house last night and this morning my wife went shopping and I made breakfast and me and my wife's aunt had breakfast outside together. When she sat down she handed me a envelop with money in it, she said the money was for helping her out with the rental homes in the past. She said that she has so many nephews and nieces of blood but the only person that helped her was me a none blood relative, but loves me like her own. I refused the money and told her I didn't do the work for money I did it to help her out. She said she knew I was going to refuse the money but wishes I would take it because I always came through for her and she knew she was in good hands. She started complementing me, telling me how my mother-in law her sister always talks so highly of me, calling me the glue of the family and how happy she is with me. She kept going on and on and I guess I feel comfortable with her and for some reason I said to her, I'm not that perfect I also have skeletons hanging in my closet. She answered me "we all do sweetie". She said she's known me for a while and she never seen any bruises on her niece, so I'm not abusive, she never seen me gamble or out of control drunk and everyone says that I'm a great guy, so what ever my skeleton is it can't be that bad. I don't know why but I was just about to tell her about the dressing knowing she would vault it, but I didn't know how she would take it and then I thought about my wife and maybe she wouldn't have appreciated it and that I didn't talk to her first. I told her maybe the skeleton is better where it is in the closet, but I did tell her that it's to bad that if the skeleton would ever come out all the good things I did would be erased and I wouldn't be the great guy and that every one will forget the good and see me different and that's sad because this is who I am. For some reason she got up and gave me a hug and told me if I didn't feel comfortable telling her that it was fine and that she knows who I am and she snuck the money envolpe in my back pocket telling me she really wanted me to take the money to buy something special for my skeleton. I don't know why but we were both tearing up and she told me she was happy that we had this tight relationship. It was funny that my wife came back and made a joke about what was going on there because she walked in when we were both hugging.
    She will be going home next week and I'm sure we will be having a few more of these conversations, when I told my wife what happened she said that her aunt probably wouldn't have said anything about the dressing but my wife was happy I didn't say anything and maybe just leave things the way they are.
    I don't know why I did open up like that and this was the closest I ever come to telling someone. That was strange, but Maria's going dress shopping. Lol. I know this isn't much but I wanted to share it.
    Last edited by Maria 60; 10-14-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Having your wife to talk to sometimes has to be all we have in our families. I was fortunate in my ex in-laws, they found out about Tammy after their daughters and I split up. I m still close to One of my ex in-laws and we talk often. All she ever said was why on Earth would you want to wear a bra ?
    I am currently with a very supportive Lady who I have been happily married to for the last 30 years. I told her about me the night we met and I am one of the luckiest guys alive.
    Just remember... you can't un-ring the bell.

I like that " you can't un-ring the bell" so true and well said thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    I like that " you can't un-ring the bell" so true and well said thanks.
    It is used quite often here. It is one of the truest sayings i have heard.

Banned Read only
    "You can't un-ring the bell" is so true. Once a secret is shared, then it is not a secret anymore. One thing to always consider when "spilling the beans" is you "cannot control the narrative."

Maria, based upon the narrative you provided I doubt she would have held your cross dressing as a negative. I have often stated I wish a wife would use a scale, as in the scale of justice, to weigh her husband's good qualities against that little quirk of wearing women's attire on occasion. I find it unsettling to read threads of husbands kicked to the curb like trash when the beans are spilled.

Ya, be very careful who you well. I accidently told someone I should now have, not good. She very opinionated and now I fear she will tell other people I don't want to know...

Banned Read only
    Maria,
    How would you have felt if your wife had spilled the beans ? Lovely story all the same .

Maria, It is natural to want to share and to want to seek acceptance and approval from others. I suspect that most of us especially want acceptance from GGs. However, when we are married, the secret is not just ours. It also belongs to our partner as they are deeply impacted by whether it remains private. I understand the urge to share. I’ve come close several times myself, but ultimately have always been relieved over the long run that I did not tell the person I almost had.
    Last edited by NancyJ; 10-15-2019 at 04:17 PM.

It does sound like she might know.

It is probably best for you to leave it unsaid and buy that skeleton something nice.

I never considered the skeleton being another person, but considered the skeleton being me and for me to buy myself something special. I guess I never considered that, I guess that's why I share here to get another option.