Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Halloween, the unofficial Cross-dresser's Holiday

Doc, that's me; woman dressed in a costume.

Mermaid
    Wonder Woman
    Belly Dancer
    Hooter's waitress

But, I only dress up as a girl when I'm out with the girls.

Except, I've been known to give an encore presentation at my yoga class.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I'll probably try to pass this as a soul singer from the 60s. Instead don an afro wig and big earrings etc etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome look, Jamie!. I remember watching the Supremes on TV in the sixties. I was always into (or wished I was in) their outfits. Especially the long chiffon gowns. The massive false eyelashes were always interesting as well.

I'm too old now for halloween now.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

As Doc said, surest way to be made is to go out on Halloween enfemme. My self I am going as the Shoveler from Mystery Men, now let's see... Still new at this inserting picture.
    Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 5.46.24 AM.jpg

Oh yes, I?m taking advantage! I?ll be going to work dressed! I did last year and won a costume contest. It was the only time crossdressing made me money.

Unfortunately, due to my promotion earlier this year, I no longer qualify for the cash prize (at least I think I don?t), but that?s not why I?ll be doing it anyway.

You can read the story of my first Halloween outing at work here. Unlike last year, though, I?ll be actually dressed as something, not just en femme.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

If I dressed the way I wanted for Halloween (sexy gym girl or milf look) I am sure all would suspect. Unless you dress in one of those silly exaggerated looks like a guy hooters girl or guy cheerleader, hairy legs and beard, I think many would suspect... hmmmm, is he?

Why does every one (mineself excluded) refer to Halloween as a "holiday"? Hmmm? A "holiday" is a day off from school for a child or a paid day off from work if an adult. I know of no children who get the day off or any businesses that close for the day and pay their employees for the day.
    Just curious--not trying to start a b___ch session.
    Jon

I lived near NYC for a while, and one of the things I really wanted to do was go to the annual NYC Village Halloween Parade. I never made it, unfortunately, but it is quite a show. Saw it once on the TV. Historically, the nighttime event has had a high concentration of LGBTQ participants, but it has grown to "50,000 costumed participants and 2 million spectators."
    March IN the 2019 Parade!

Join 100?s of PUPPETS, 35 BANDS, DANCERS, ARTISTS, and thousands of other New Yorkers in costumes of their own creation in the nation?s most wildly creative public participatory event in the greatest city in the world!
    I am quite certain that all crossdressers are welcome!!

Rainbow Resort, in PA, is having a Halloween party on Oct. 26. It is not strictly CD/TG. But, I have never felt anything but welcome when dressed even on regular weekends. I'll be going as a poor representation of Cinderella. It's something I have wanted to do for decades!

Quote Originally Posted by WendyB View Post
    Who is taking the opportunity to put something sexy on this halloween and venture out? I'm going for the first time very close to home..
    I have a costume ready to go if my wife gives me the all clear. I think she would be shocked if I was so prepared.

Banned Read only
    Jacques,
    I was going to make the comment about Halloween in the UK , I know many of the stores are trying to jump on the band wagon , in some respects I don't mind because it gives us a small break before having Xmas thrust on us .

My social group does try and promote it as a chance to dress up and have some fun , I must admit I'm not into all that heavy makeup and looking like a witch , it's bad enough in the morning looking like a wizened up old wizard in the shaving mirror . I was hoping to use it as an excuse to do some fund raising wearing my Union Jack ( Spice Girl outfit ) Maybe !!

Sherry ,
    Question what will I pass as ? Answer a total TART !! Well it's only once a year !
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-17-2019 at 09:10 AM.

So why would we be "made" for going out on halloween, more so than normally?
    I realise there would be more people out and about, but i kind of thought it would work in our favour..
    People wouldn't look twice..
    Wouldn't i be made going out normally?

Perhaps im wrong, but im curious.

Banned Read only
    Well there's a couple things going on here.

The only "free pass" anyone gets would be from possibly transphobic strangers. They could be more likely to brush you off as just wearing a costume instead of confronting you.

But people that know you are not going to give you that bennifit of doubt. They will ask themselves and probably ask each other if there's more going with you than just a costume.

Because with all the possible "manly" costumes that are available, why would a man chose to dress like a woman for Halloween?

Unless... ????

Roberta, i see what you mean, very good point.
    I totally see that if i went to a party dressed it would out me.

Perhaps im looking for an excuse to get out, I wasn't planning on seeing anyone i know, i suppose i was referring to the question of "what if i walked down the street".
    Which im fairly close to doing anyway. (in the dark)
    Have done more and more driving recently.

Quote Originally Posted by KymG View Post
    So why would we be "made" for going out on halloween, more so than normally?
    I realise there would be more people out and about, but i kind of thought it would work in our favour..
    People wouldn't look twice..
    As I mentioned before I have CDed on Halloween every year for the last fourteen years. In addition, I have CDed on Halloween 25 of the last 30 years (always wearing a costume) and I have been out normally--dinner, plays, group social events--at least 50 times in the last 20 years. I have Halloween CDed with friends/work colleagues (once), in my local town (a few times) and out of town (a lot). My experience is this:

You are much more likely to be labeled a crossdresser, drag queen, or trans when out "normally." Halloween gives anyone who sees you a mental "it`s Halloween" out. That said,
    You are likely to be labeled a crossdresser, drag queen, or trans when you CD with friends/work colleagues or dressing "normally" at Halloween.

If you don't want to worry about being made then go out of town, alone. Yes, more people, more costumes works in your favor.

If "people wouldn't look twice" you picked the wrong costume.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 10-21-2019 at 11:45 AM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by April Rose View Post
    Awesome look, Jamie!. I remember watching the Supremes on TV in the sixties. I was always into (or wished I was in) their outfits. Especially the long chiffon gowns. The massive false eyelashes were always interesting as well.

I'm too old now for halloween now.
    Thank you!

Almost 40 years ago, I worked for a company that had a cafeteria in the building. The workers in the cafeteria were mostly women, but there was one man. One year he came in dressed for Halloween and worked his usual shift. I think he came dressed as a "lunch lady". He was not very dressed very pretty as befits a lunch lady. I really admired him for his "muffins" coming into work as a woman, Did I think he was a crossdresser? I thought it was possible, but I still thought that I was the only one in the world who crossdressed.

The next Halloween, he came dressed in a different woman's outfit. Did I think he was a crossdresser after the second time? For sure. Now I didn't know this guy any better than the guy who would drop mashed potato on my plate. But the fact that I still remember him almost 40 years later probably means that you get one free pass.

Even (the now disgraced) Matt Lauer showed up en femme at work at least three times on Halloween. Google it if you're interested. Is he a crossdresser? IDK.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Aspiring Member
    jamienoir - you look great! super outfit...

Aspiring Member
    I decided to visit the one Halloween store in town. Now, I'm an old timer so when I entered the store the blasted what passes for music hit me like a Niagara Falls of noise. I lasted sixty seconds and made it out with both ears still intact . How those sales people can deal with that all day is beyond my comprehension.

So, drat, drab again.

Ineke

I was hopping to this year but 2 days before I was going to go out I was aked to work a little overtime. I had to pass I saved money by not going out and I got 4 hours of pay for 90 minutes of work at on ovettime pay scale

May or may not partially dress for Halloween but the day after for sure. I got the rest of my Darth Vader costume but might change it up with a little fem mode.

I went out last Friday with my DC social group. I dressed as a 20's flapper girl look. Fancy black dress, a long (faux) pearl necklace, a flapper headband with a feather attached and a pink feather boa.

The first person who saw me all dressed up asked if I was going for a 20's look. I told her yes, and she said I "really nailed it."

But there were so many girls wearing creative dresses that I don't think that I was even in the top 10 costumes.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    The first Halloween I went out dressed was as a Gypsy Fortune Teller
    Attached Images Attached Images

Question:

If Halloween is the unofficial CDer's holiday, What's the holiday for those of us who cross dress officially?

When haters hate, I celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    Question:

If Halloween is the unofficial CDer's holiday, What's the holiday for those of us who cross dress officially?

Transgender day of visability. It is March 31st so you missed it this year. I suppose you could also go for comeing out day the first year, or if it is to a new group.