Thread: That Was Close

That Was Close

I had to attend an online business meeting yesterday. The meeting was for training on some new software that we will be using. This meeting was conducted on Go to Meeting.com..

As I am in the midst of an eleven day "home alone" period of time, Cheryl attended the meeting rather than my male self. The meeting was held in the mid-afternoon and was scheduled to last three hours. As I was going out for an early dinner after the meeting, I had begun my preparations and was dressed in only my bra and panties.

The presentation was, primarily, audio with slides. All attendees had been granted the privilege to speak whenever a question came up. It was a rather dry presentation and, as I have used this software before in an earlier iteration, I had a general idea about how to use it. So, I was multi-tasking. I work from home, therefore, my multi-tasking consisted of paying a couple of bills.

As I said, attendees could speak up whenever they had a question. What I did not know was that by speaking up the website activated the computer camera so that the other attendees could see the person posing the question. In the course of paying a particular bill I made a comment to myself about the bill. Bingo! Voice activation occurred. My live picture appeared on the screen for all to see.

This could have been life-changing for me, but, my picture turned out to be only my face sans make-up and it was only slightly larger than a passport picture. The straps from my bra did not make an appearance on camera. Whew!

Later, I was able to laugh about this. Although, I mused about the implications had my picture had been from the mid-chest area and up. At least, I did have a pretty bra on had that happened. A couple of colleagues with whom I work and who I know fairly well were in attendance. My relationship with these women would have, likely, been changed forever.

Aspiring Member
    My camera on my computer is covered up.

Cheryl, that could have been a disaster. Always assume that cameras and microphones are active until you know for certain that they aren't!
    Paulie, i keep my laptop camera covered-up as well.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

I skype into meetings from home ocassionally. Cameras are not activated, but just in case, I have a piece of masking tape over the camera.

Is everybody shy or something? yes? so am I LOL!!! there are a few who don't know the true side of Bobbi mainly my grown up kids in England they do not know and there is no need to tell them either but yes i fully see the reasons why some of us need to keep a degree of secrecy, not everybody is as accepting and free thinking as we would want them to be, but that's life.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Aspiring Member
    Whew! Rules for such calls:
    1. Always assume the microphone and camera are ON. Believe no indications otherwise. Presidents Reagan and Obama learned this rule the hard way.
    2. Put tape over the camera. Keep it there. BTW, there is a blackmail scam on line now where the scammer claims to have video of activity in the victim?s bedroom. Tape over the camera and even if you store your iPad in the bedroom, you can laugh at this scam.
    3. Read Kathy Hamilton?s book entitled OOOPS...!, a book of short stories about mistakes that crossdressers may make. I do not know whether the stories are fiction or autobiographical, as the author claims, but most are believable. Your incident is even one of those stories.
    4. Do not appear en femme or do anything related to it when at or near your workplace unless you want to come out to your coworkers. Skype counts. Challenge this rule ever so slightly and Murphy will ensure that you lose big.

Banned Read only
    Well it could have been worse...

https://youtu.be/vm_F4qfy9Qo