Thread: Androgen insensitivity syndrome

Androgen insensitivity syndrome

Does anyone else have this problem? Would luv to discuss with this going though alot right now. have to go to work will check later.

This is not a run-of-the-mill I’m-a-CD-so-I-must-have-it syndrome. It can be diagnosed fairly easily with some blood tests and a good physical by an endocrinologist.

Addendum: the syndrome is a failure of the androgen receptors in the body to respond to circulating androgens. It causes degrees of masculinization in genetic females and degrees of feminization in males.
    Last edited by Laura912; 10-16-2019 at 01:35 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have only known one person that had that issue.
    Really don't know a lot about it.

Banned Read only
    Sounds like one of the medical causes of intersex people. (I had to Google it)

I am not sure how it relates to crossdressing because if you are intersex, are you really crossdressing?

This is crazy life in pieces putting pieces together. The first piece I remember was changing schools after my Dad got in a argument with my babysitter. Whose dad owned the house. Because she put me in a dress I was playing hopscotch with the girls. So we moved and I do not know what I did but I was getting beat up by a big girl well bigger than me. And than the boys started beating me up. I was in third grade. Well one day when I was in a fight with a boy which back then. Mean getting hit
    saying I give up fight over. Well on that day my dad showed up to see who was beating me up. He was over my face and called my name told me to fight back. So I did I guess I was more scared of my dad than the kid. Because I do remember getting kicked over the couch either because I got in Moms draws or because I stole a pair of stockings from woolworths. Well after that you learn it is not acceptable behavior quickly.At that time back then you fought until you hit were you fit in. Well we moved again to a inner city and started drinking, drugs and following the older guys in the area. Dad worked nites mom was a nurse worked days. So grandma was our sitter. So we moved again this time to the country fishing, and guy things. Drinking in the woods huffing pam and working no work no beer or cigs. Well guys in my group were getting girlfriends. But I did not have that drive still have not figured it out. Bought Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health" by L. Ron Hubbard well that did not give me my answers. So still with questions dove deeper into guy thing this is hand I was dealt play it. So started to play football it did not last long showers no hair well that didn't last long. Have to go to work now I do not know if anyone will read it or not.
    Last edited by char GG; 10-17-2019 at 10:02 PM. Reason: sending pm

You have a bunch of interconnected issues that need a counselor to guide you through. Please make an appointment to go see one. If finances are a problem, see what is available through community health resources. Also, you implied that you have no body hair which may be what led you to think of androgen insensitivity syndrome. As mentioned previously, you need that investigated by an endocrinologist. The endocrine physician can help with the biochemical issue but the others need the counselor. Best of luck working through all this.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    No body hair really doesn't mean anything. The native Americans have almost no body hair.
    I would go seek professional help for your issues.
    All kids go thru a getting in fights thing and that goes for both girls and boys. Kind of a rudimentary natural pecking order kind of thing.
    My life was no piece of cake either and it was full of instances that were not all that great but I don't blame any of that on my current situation.
    Of course there are plenty of people that have the "victim mentality" and blame all the bad stuff in their life on their parents or what went on in their formative life.
    I know how that works because I was one of those people.I finally woke up and started telling myself "hey stupid" if you want a better life then get off your dead &%$ and change the things around you.
    It wasn't easy I can assure you but I made it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Of course there are plenty of people that have the "victim mentality" and blame all the bad stuff in their life on their parents or what went on in their formative life.
    And yet, very often, we get chastised by people for not being able to 'just get over it, and grow up'. Ignoring what happened to us as kids, doesn't make it irrelevant, and doesn't stop all the feelings just because we want them to stop. But lots of people who grew up with occasional problems really have no idea of what it can be like when it's sometimes every waking minute, every day, for weeks, months, or years on end.
    Just like living in perpetual fear will seriously mess you up, and no amount of 'just fight back and they'll start to respect you' isn't a reality for kids who are often getting the crap beaten out of them just because the big bully thinks it's fun (in the 60's, being bullied meant being beaten up physically, not just being called names). Fight back when you get hit? They just hit you more, and a lot harder.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Well back again I am not blaming anyone. My analytical mind just looking for answers if anyone has information on the topic. Delayed puberty, undescended testicle and In PAIS, there is a change in the gene that helps the body recognize and use male hormones properly. This leads to problems with the development of the male secondary sex characteristics. Looking for others born in the 60's were they testing for it. Or did your parents tell you would never have kids, would have saved a lot of time and money not to mention embarrassment have to wear underwear that was suppose to keep the boys cool. We have dealt with that a long time ago at the time I thought it was both of us. But I am finding in my search for answers it was me. Now a days they give you hormones and mental support. I did not get that so self confidence was something I dealt with all by myself. Hay it has ()() it's a boy. But was he? Did they make the wrong decision? So he did the manly thing jointed the service. Meet a lot of girl(friends) but that was it really no self confidence as a guy. But there is someone for everyone. She is a strong feminine girl I guess yin & yang. So life goes on career you know pay the mortgage. Writing this does help basically life on paper. Ty Kellymay just looking for answers.

Sorry, I had a much longer post written, and accidently deleted it.

There's some information here, but you really should consult with a doctor, not us.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellymay View Post
    ...Bought Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health" by L. Ron Hubbard well that did not give me my answers...
    I'm not surprised Mr. Hubbard's material didn't help you. His Wikipedia page suggests he wasn't a regulated and licensed health professional of any kind.

A chat with a regulated and licensed health professional is the best bet for your issues. Your primary care physician is an excellent start along this path.

WOW last nite I had a strangest dream. You know when you finish your week, and just want to get your girl on and relax. Well next door was having a yard sale, I seen all the people over there. Put on a skirt and a pretty top a little make up and some earrings. kelly is coming alive for the weekend, I look up and a group of people coming though my patio door. I am in the closet with many locks because of career. I guess because I am writing this it was a sign to be carefull. Never had a dream that I was outed very vivid & scary.

Well in my thirties they had groups in yahoo. I got caught by the wife looking instead getting mad she posted. It was a lot of fun meet a lot of people, Girl girl sexy outfits. Loving life then it ended, so I was still had a panty fetish. And lived though doing Panty inspections when she got dressed. I didn't know at the time I was perfectly happy no desire to dress at all. Well one day I am doing my inspection she said you like them so much you wear them. So I go online order guy panties from some silk warehouse. 17.99 a pair bought 3 plus shipping and they come in I told her how much I paid that crazy. So we go to VS I didn't like the guy panties anyway. This is 2013 the cursor is just blinking major problems at work stressed to the maxx. And the only way to shut my mind down was to let my fem side out .

So for right now I am going to ( I wrote a book 63 pages but it will unlock everything). Fast forward major depression did see a doctor for a time than moved. New Doctor medical he put me on Testosterone gel. I got so sick I Thought I was going to die. Quite that for a time, and tried again got blood work still not were he wants it still depressed no energy. We will go back to that later would really like to find a writer. That can put this with my other book it all goes together in a very weird way. Bye for now Kelly