Since I am new in town, I will share a little character development. I have a loving and supportive wife who accepts and supports my dressing. I am in a DLTH (don't leave the house) relationship. So long as I respect that and don't dress in front of the live-in daughter and granddaughters, I can present and dress any way I choose.

A couple of weeks ago, my wife and I took a cruise in which my wife approved of my taking some of my more gender neutral women's clothes. So I was able to wear my femme shorts and strappy sandals, and I could under dress in a bra so long as it wasn't lined, padded, or filled. All of this was at her concession, so I was thrilled to get to experience that much. After a couple of days onboard the ship with no one noticing, gawking, or commenting, she finally let go of some of her anxieties and realized nobody really cared what I was wearing. So needless to say a few pics of me were added to our vacation photo album.

So fast forward to a week ago, and we're having dinner with a couple who have been very close to me for the last nearly thirty years and who have "adopted" my wife when she and I got married eight years ago. As I'm reviewing the pictures on my tablet before the big vacation slide show, I discover I have the wrong album, because some of "those" pictures are included. My wife trying not to freak out calmly suggests that we skip sharing those. We manage to make it through without outing me. On the way home we discuss sharing this facet of my personality with them without coming to any conclusion.

Last Monday we're having dinner with the same couple, which is part of our regular weekly routine, and my wife looks over at me and says that I can tell them if I want to. Needless to say, I felt like a little kid who just saw the tree on Christmas morning after Santa Clause had been there. So over the next hour I share my story and my experiences and where I am with all of this. And here is the best part... after I had finished, their response was we really could care less what you wear because regardless of what you are wearing you are still the person we have known and loved all these years. Afterwards I asked them if it would be okay if I presented as Caylee, and they were both open and receptive to the idea. On the way home my wife initiated the conversation on working around the logistics of getting Caylee out of the house with the daughter there. I really am blessed to have such an amazing woman. She has come a very long way.

Sorry for the long read... but I didn't want to leave any of the details out. You ladies are amazing and I appreciate the courage I have gained from your experiences. Yes, I know... take it slow and don't rush or push. Trust me, I really don't want to mess this up.

Report on Caylee's debut to follow...